Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Am I Missing Something with the Redskins?

aren't they 20 mill over the cap? where's all the cuts?

and i heard they can get Hall? How? Theyre 20 mill over the cap. Can someone fill me in on this. It doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they are 8 million under right now give me a sec to find the link.... for as dumb as snyder is at spending money the one thing he is great at is working around the salary cap

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
i think they are 8 million under right now give me a sec to find the link.... for as dumb as snyder is at spending money the one thing he is great at is working around the salary cap
so they were never 20 mill over? or did they make cuts to get under?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We re-did the contracts like we always do to get under. We were 20 mill over though.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i thought they were over too id like to see that link. thats a lot of cuts to get under.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think they were, we really didnt make any huge cuts but brunell gave us something like 7 or 8 off and snyder is just really good at renegotiating contracts with players and they are willing cause they get more gauranteed money from him

heres the latest from a redskins local reporter
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

"The Skins officially saved $2.4 million on Clinton Portis's new deal and are now $7.7 million under the cap, plenty of room to make a big move. Vinny Cerrato is telling everyone and anyone that the team is doing nothing. They have gone from one extreme to the other, and even with the draft as a priority now, they'd better add a quality player at either CB or WR this off season outside of the draft. Just my opinion."

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what Sean Taylor's contract was worht, but obviously they won't be paying him anymore. Morbid, but cap-wise that did help them.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we only cut 1 person
Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

wow. the man knows his dollars, i'll give him that.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
aren't they 20 mill over the cap? where's all the cuts?

and i heard they can get Hall? How? Theyre 20 mill over the cap. Can someone fill me in on this. It doesn't make any sense.

hall as in.. deangelo?!?! :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
hall as in.. deangelo?!?! :)
haha. it wouldn't shock me. you'll probably lose your 1st for him though.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't know what Sean Taylor's contract was worht, but obviously they won't be paying him anymore. Morbid, but cap-wise that did help them.
well whenever a great player retires/dies, they always give one last gift to their team. its still doesnt make up for the loss of Sean Taylor though (or in my case Brett Favre)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They cut one player in Brandon Lloyd who will be a June 1st Cut.

They voided Rock Cartwright(who re-signed today) and Mark Brunell.

The re-structured Chris Cooley's 11 million roster bonus over the life of his contract, that turned an 12.2 million cap hit into a 4.4 million hit.

Portis, Samuels, Jansen, Carter, Thomas and Daniels also restructured their deals.

Moss and Griffin are also likely to restructure their deals

That is how you get from 20 million over to 8 million under.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha. it wouldn't shock me. you'll probably lose your 1st for him though.
i wouldnt care if we lost a 1st for him, he's better than any corner you're going to get in the draft and he is younger than some as well.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
well whenever a great player retires/dies, they always give one last gift to their team. its still doesnt make up for the loss of Sean Taylor though (or in my case Brett Favre)
Except Brett Favre isn't DEAD.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Suits
Rookie

Suits hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys, this is my first post and I just wanted to say that I love what I read around nfldc. Quality forum you've got going here.

Anyway, there's a common misconception that the Redskins are in "cap hell" every offseason because of the massive contracts they give out. Really, Dan Snyder has found a clever way to get around the cap system for the most part.

The Redskins' contracts are almost always six or seven year deals where the money is backloaded to the last three or four years to minimize short-term cap numbers. If the player makes it to the last few years of his contract, Snyder tells them he will restructure their contract, converting the base salary (that counts against the cap) into gauranteed money that doesn't count against the cap. The players almost always accept the restructured contracts because they are of equal value.

Basically, because Snyder is willing to throw around gauranteed money he is able to circumvent the cap. This is how the Skins get out of cap hell and sign so many free agents every year. As a skins fan, it took me about three years of fearing "cap hell" before I realized that snyder knew what he was doing (with money at least)
Suits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still surprised the Redskins haven't made a move for DJ Hackett, considering there isn't much of a market out there for him right now. He seems to be a perfect fit (bigger receiver, knows the system).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Except Brett Favre isn't DEAD.
He said retires/dies.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suits View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post and I just wanted to say that I love what I read around nfldc. Quality forum you've got going here.

Anyway, there's a common misconception that the Redskins are in "cap hell" every offseason because of the massive contracts they give out. Really, Dan Snyder has found a clever way to get around the cap system for the most part.

The Redskins' contracts are almost always six or seven year deals where the money is backloaded to the last three or four years to minimize short-term cap numbers. If the player makes it to the last few years of his contract, Snyder tells them he will restructure their contract, converting the base salary (that counts against the cap) into gauranteed money that doesn't count against the cap. The players almost always accept the restructured contracts because they are of equal value.

Basically, because Snyder is willing to throw around gauranteed money he is able to circumvent the cap. This is how the Skins get out of cap hell and sign so many free agents every year. As a skins fan, it took me about three years of fearing "cap hell" before I realized that snyder knew what he was doing (with money at least)
welcome, were you a lurker?
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Welcome to the site Suits, excellent first post :)
Old 03-08-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm still surprised the Redskins haven't made a move for DJ Hackett, considering there isn't much of a market out there for him right now. He seems to be a perfect fit (bigger receiver, knows the system).
I think he is to injury prone for us
Old 03-08-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

excellent post. welcome to the board.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i wouldnt care if we lost a 1st for him, he's better than any corner you're going to get in the draft and he is younger than some as well.
better? we won't know that for another 4 years. what we do know is though, he'll be more expensive than any of the rookie CBs.

thats the reason why im hoping my Giants draft best available CB opposed to trading for Hall. Although i wouldn't mind Hall at all, i think financially its a smarter move to draft CB in our position.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

I would have no problem giving up our first for hall. He is the only corner that we can get that would be an automatic upgrade.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, that was a joy to read. Thanks for the info and welcome to the board! :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote