Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chatman signs with NYJ

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/450363.html

Quote:
Dolphins running back Jesse Chatman signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets on Sunday, agent Brett Tessler said.
Quote:
Chatman rushed for 515 yards on 128 attempts for a 4.0 yard-per-carry average with a touchdown in 2007.
Very interesting. I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the draft, because I really doubt the Jets will take McFadden now. If he's still on the board and Gholston isn't I could definitely see a trade happening.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, i think Chatman is a really underrated player. But i still wouldnt count out McFadden if he was there.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse Chatman is not a reason to not draft McFadden. Either they signed him for the chance McFadden's not there or they were never going to take McFadden in the first place.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya this has no bearing on is they draft DMAC or not. Alright sign i guess R.Brown doesnt have to worry about splitting carries anymore.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He better be a good special teams guy because that backfield is getting more and more crowded

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now you have 3 good backs on both NY Jets and NY Giants, great.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatever happened to cedric houston?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
whatever happened to cedric houston?
He just left for personal reasons. I think it was something medical because he did have some condition in which he was on multiple pills just so he could play. He had potential. Wish him the best wherever he is.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
He just left for personal reasons. I think it was something medical because he did have some condition in which he was on multiple pills just so he could play. He had potential. Wish him the best wherever he is.
Just to clarify on "he left".

He retired. Young guy.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Just to clarify on "he left".

He retired. Young guy.
Quote:
On July 26, 2007, one day before the start of training camp, Houston left the Jets for personal reasons[1]. A day later it was revealed that Houston was quitting football. Houston has returned to the University of Tennessee as a student and is finishing his degree.
Wikipedia..
Old 03-09-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I don't think this would necessarily have any baring on whether or not the jets draft mcfadden; it was only a 1 year deal and most likely for cheap. My idea is that they are looking for someone to compliment leon and jones, but i also have this inkling that they could be looking for a replacement for TJ if they do happen to draft mcfadden. Mcfadden/Chatman/Washington would be a pretty darn good backfield that covers your different types of runners.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Wikipedia..
Quote:
Cedric Leonard Houston (born June 28, 1982 in Clarendon, Arkansas) is a former American football running back who retired from the New York Jets after two seasons.
Wikipedia.....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like sign he's a solid backup. I remember seeing him with SD in 02-03, showed some real potential.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't draft McFadden because of this signing I would be really shocked. I think Chatman could be a solid backup and complement to McFadden.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like te chatman pick up....But I think they were going to do D in the draft anyway.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think they need McFadden, TJ is a good player, he just had a down year (though I dont know the reasons), and Leon Washington is supposed to have shown some promise. I think that McFadden would be a pick if they had no other needs, but they need some defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Is Chatman really worthy of his own thread? I watched him in Miami last season. He's got a real talent for breaking tackles and getting some extra yardage but that's about it. He's dirt slow, he offers no sort of pass catching whatsoever out of the backfield (Cam kept throwing him and ball and I have no idea why, he was dropping passes right and left), he's an average blocker at best, he doesn't do much on ST at all and he's not durable. There was always something wrong with him.

He's basically a straight backup RB, he's basically a slightly better Kevan Barlow. I don't see the point in his signing at all. Miami let him go because they have Ronnie, Ricky and now Lorenzo Booker and NYJ signs him even with solid RB talent in Washington and TJ. They would have been better off drafting a low round 3rd stringer that can play some ST instead of paying Chatman to be a 3rd stringer because he does nothing on ST at all.

Needless to say, I don't understand this signing at all. He was better off going to a team like SD, SF (pre-Foster signing) or Carolina. A team that needs a true backup. going to a team like that Jets that will used him as a 3rd string/ST player just doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 03-09-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest thing about this thread isn't that they signed Chatman but rather this could possibly rule out McFadden being the pick for the Jets.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

He could be a very good backup if he keeps his weight in check. The reason he was cut by the Chargers is due in large part to him ballooning up to around 250. There's some break away in him to go along with pretty good power.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I think the biggest thing about this thread isn't that they signed Chatman but rather this could possibly rule out McFadden being the pick for the Jets.
Do you really buy them passing on McFadden (assuming Gholston, Long and Ellis are gone) just because they signed Chatman?

I actually think this might be a move towards McFadden as Chatman would be a better compliement to McFadden then Washington would be.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does this leave Leon Washington? He arguably did better in limited time last year then Thomas Jones did and supposedly the team loves what he does on 3rd downs and special teams, I just dont get this move...I dont think Chatman is better then Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Where does this leave Leon Washington? He arguably did better in limited time last year then Thomas Jones did and supposedly the team loves what he does on 3rd downs and special teams, I just dont get this move...I dont think Chatman is better then Washington.

Chats there to spell Jones, but he definitely won't be the 3rd down back/special teams guy that Washington is. Those 3 can easily co-exist. Jets would be stupid to pass on DMac though, they need someone dynamic to make the Kellen Clemens transition that much easier.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

two years ago , the pickup of michael bennett in FA wasnt the reason to not picking reggie bush .... chatman is a journeyman who profited being the backup from LT a couple of games.... he couldnīt beat out anthony smith the year deuce fell down the first time.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets should still look to upgrade their front 7 on defense in the draft.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's a decent backup with absolutly no potential to being a future starter. Has no effect on the team picking Macfadden. Could cause them to pass on a late round RB but thats it.