Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love Bowe! Dude was amazing at LSU and now he's doing great in the NFL, lets just hope he doesn't pull a Michael Clayton.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah I like Bowe alot too. I saw Croyle and him together in their first game I believe and they worked well together. I believe he had 70-80 yards and a TD.

EDIT: Oops meant to give Bears guys too, Mark Bradley WR-He has a ton of talent, but for some reason is in the coaches dog house.
Dusty D DT- Strong player that can do more than hold his own. Health has been his issue but I think he can become a great one if he stays healthy.
Kyle Orton QB- Dont laugh i think it will happen, but not in the traditional sense. I dont think hes gonna turn into Peyton Manning, I think he will become Trent Dilfer 2.0
Greg Olsen- He still sucks as a blocker but as a receiver, I think hes going to become a safety blanket for whoever plays QB for us. I just pray we don't ask him to block *shudder*

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 03-12-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
From the Raiders alone some breakout candidates are JaMarcus Russell, Zach Miller, Michael Bush and Tommy Kelly.
you better hope Tommy Kelly has some kind of breakout season.

and for the steelers, i'd go with Holmes, even though he has pretty much made it known he is a real good #2. Woodley, I wouldn't be suprised if he had anywhere from 10-15 sacks. It seems he had four in the 8 snaps he took, if he starts full time, its going to be on. Also looking for Anthony Smith to break out. Hopefully bringing in the safeties for visits this off season has lit a fire under his ass. He really only needs to play with a bit more discipline and not try and knock everyone out all the time.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Zach Miller
Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB:Jay Cutler - has established a nice bond with Marshall, and feels comfortable throwing to his TE, which provides the QB with a safety valve

RB: Kevin Jones - he has talent, he just never seems to stay healthy or get consistent blocking, that has to change at some point. If not, whichever RB ends up playing behind Shaun Alexander (Stewart or Mendenhall?)

WR:Calvin Johnson - he had his rookie year to learn the ropes. Now its time for the talent to take over

TE: I want to say Vernon Davis because i think its easier for a guy who is that much bigger and stronger than everyone else to put up the numbers. But that offense was just so bad last year i don't know if he can do it, so i'll take Tony Sheffler on the broncos for the same reason i mentioned for Cutler

DL: Jamaal Anderson - I just think he can put it together, so long as the DBs can give the line decent coverage to be able to get there

LB: David Harris - the starting job is his to keep. I liked what i saw from him this season and hope that it continues. I consider Beason to have already broke out or i would have taken him because i think his overall game is a little better. Others include Poszluzny who got injured, and Timmons or Woodley.

DB: Antrel Rolle - I think he'll play more consistently and with a new outlook at saftey. Second would be Whitner or Huff, both of which need to make more big plays for their teams in order to get any recognition on poor/not media favorite teams.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Turner - finally starting, i think he's gonna be a top 10 back

Boss Bailey - hasnt really done anything to make be believe he'll "break out" but he's so athletic and maybe a change of scenery/change of defensive scheme will help (basically i always liked him even though he was a Lion and still think he could be a great player)

Just 2 that come to the top of my head. Also agree with GreatVilma about Calvin Johnson and David Harris, think they'll both have great years.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of think David Harris already "broke out" last year really. He already had a season with 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 3 passes defensed. If he improves on those numbers, that's just beastly. My pick would be Lamarr Woodley. had 4 sacks in very limited snaps last year, and played great in the playoffs when he actually got a chance to see some extended playing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I kind of think David Harris already "broke out" last year really. He already had a season with 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 3 passes defensed. If he improves on those numbers, that's just beastly. My pick would be Lamarr Woodley. had 4 sacks in very limited snaps last year, and played great in the playoffs when he actually got a chance to see some extended playing time.
yeah i guess. He had a great year but I guess I'm thinking with him that "break out" is gonna be slightly better stats but a lot more recognition of him around the league and on TV coverage of him as a top linebacker.

Forgot about Woodley, that's a great pick as well.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would say R. Bush and not just becouse im a Saints fan. Its his third year and Duece will be back. I think he will be able to once again line up everywhere and he will put up some numbers this year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a lot of Harris play and I have to say that although the numbers are impressive, he didn't play as well as they indicate. He was good but he wasn't that dominant. He made a ton of tackles 6-8 yards off the LOS. Teams would run all day on the Jets. Although if it wasn't for Harris teams may have been running at 10 yards a clip off the Jets.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I will go with Steve Smith for us, now that he got big game experience of us. I look for him to be a bigger impact for us. Also, Ahmad Bradshaw playing from day 1 rather than late in the season.
Agreed on Bradshaw. It is hard to imagine he only started getting carries week 14 or 15.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I saw a lot of Harris play and I have to say that although the numbers are impressive, he didn't play as well as they indicate. He was good but he wasn't that dominant. He made a ton of tackles 6-8 yards off the LOS. Teams would run all day on the Jets. Although if it wasn't for Harris teams may have been running at 10 yards a clip off the Jets.
I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-12-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.
You could. I think I actually did say that earlier in the season. Although I didn't see a much as Willis. When I'm not at my friends house who has Sunday ticket, the Jets are the only other team than the Giants I see. So I see a lot of them. Although when the 49ers played the Giants, it was much of the same I saw with Willis. Giants had their way with them in the run game and Willis racked up a bunch of tackles the same way.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
You could. I think I actually did say that earlier in the season. Although I didn't see a much as Willis. When I'm not at my friends house who has Sunday ticket, the Jets are the only other team than the Giants I see. So I see a lot of them. Although when the 49ers played the Giants, it was much of the same I saw with Willis. Giants had their way with them in the run game and Willis racked up a bunch of tackles the same way.
I did a little edit above.

Quote:

Old 03-12-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Breakout Eagles players:

Victor Abiamiri DE (Will get a lot of time in the rotation behind Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole and Chris Clemons)

Brodrick Bunkley DT (After a full year of starting and more experience out of his belt he should reach his potential soon)

Donovan McNabb QB (He is already a great player, but he will return to pro bowl status this year and will be the best NFC QB again, he had a great year this year just had a bad start which overshadowed his season)
Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
The all weren't obviously, but Harris did have quite the knack of getting tackles like that. The Redskins game jumps into my mind off the top of my head. Redskins won in OT but Portis had a big day and Harris racked up a bunch of tackles because of it.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
Breakout Eagles players:

Victor Abiamiri DE (Will get a lot of time in the rotation behind Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole and Chris Clemons)

Brodrick Bunkley DT (After a full year of starting and more experience out of his belt he should reach his potential soon)

Donovan McNabb QB (He is already a great player, but he will return to pro bowl status this year and will be the best NFC QB again, he had a great year this year just had a bad start which overshadowed his season)
I completely forgot about Abiamiri as a possible breakout player, but I think it is one season too soon for him. He may have a good year this year as the starter in the rotation, but I don't expect him to go crazy this year, or any year for that matter in terms of sack numbers.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Other breakout players in the NFL:

Calvin Johnson- Had a promising rookie season, but he can do a whole lot better with his massive potential.

Jay Cutler- Him and Brandon Marshall are developing great chemistry. He had a great year last year that went unnoticed because of the poor season of the Broncos. He should improve even more this year.

Ahmad Bradshaw- You could say he already broke out in the playoffs last year and the end of the regular season, but being the lighting to Jacob's thunder should give him a good season.

Mark Bradley- The replacement for Bernard Berrian in Chicago, has the talent to succeed if his QB's get him the ball

Aaron Rodgers- The popular choice for good reasons. He learned behind Farve for 3 seasons one of the best to play the game has a good coaching staff around him, good playmakers, and a weak division, how can he not succeed? He has all the tools also to be a good QB in this league.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I completely forgot about Abiamiri as a possible breakout player, but I think it is one season too soon for him. He may have a good year this year as the starter in the rotation, but I don't expect him to go crazy this year, or any year for that matter in terms of sack numbers.
I'm not saying hes going to get a lot of sacks, just in general he will get a lot more playing time and will develop more as a player. IMO hes never going to really be a sack artist but will be a good force at DE and fits our rotation well with relatively smaller DE's. Plus I'm somewhat a homer for him because he went to Gilman High School which is 5 minutes away from me.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Schaub, DeAngelo Williams, Sidney Rice

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the bengals we should have a good number of players break out this year:
Odell Thurman- already broke out i guess but should have a solid comeback.
Ahmad Brooks- Is a monster waiting to be unleashed.
Domata Peko- with some help along side him he could flourish.
Kenny Irons- I sure hope hes healthy this season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^ I'm a Steelers fan so here comes the lame joke. Aren't there more Bengals than that that have the chance to break out next year?? Like nine right?? Break out.....of jail. BWHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I'm bored at work. Twas funny in my head.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Breakout Eagles players:

add Stewart Bradley, going to be starting at MLB this year, and I think he'll play really well.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
The all weren't obviously, but Harris did have quite the knack of getting tackles like that. The Redskins game jumps into my mind off the top of my head. Redskins won in OT but Portis had a big day and Harris racked up a bunch of tackles because of it.
Well here's the thing. Just looking from week 8 on, when Harris took over the starting role, he had 100 tackles (give or take a couple of special teams tackles) Of those 16 were for no gain or a loss, 46 were from 1-4 yards from the LOS, and 38 were 5 or more yards from the LOS. So that's 62 tackles within 4 yards of the LOS, and 38 beyond that. I would not be surprised to see a similiar split among just about every linebacker in the league right now.

Quote:

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Not really, we were actually pretty good against the run. Sure the amount of rushing yards against is high, but that's only a result of the amount of time the defense was on the field. Teams averaged just 3.8 ypc against us(tied for 4th in the league), and Willis contributed a large part to that. If you watched a majority of the games, you'd see that most of his tackles were in and around the LOS.
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote