Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
It's true Willis made alot of tackles a few yards off the LOS early in the year, but later in the year he really dominated some games.

Specifically Willis made sweet, sweet tender love to the TB offense and they enjoyed it.

Also the 49er defense was actually very good against the run in a per rush basis thanks to Willis, unfortunately they were always on the field.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers ftw.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
^^^ I'm a Steelers fan so here comes the lame joke. Aren't there more Bengals than that that have the chance to break out next year?? Like nine right?? Break out.....of jail. BWHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I'm bored at work. Twas funny in my head.
i thought it was funny...FWIW

for the ravens...

demetrius williams- should have a huge year at WR, tons of talent, has shown flashes of brillianceover the past few years.

troy smith/kyle boller- whoever starts at QB, i think will have a successful season. Boller has all the tools, the only tangible raeson he is no good right nwo is cause Fassel is a tool. As was Neuheisel. I think that Cam Cameron will work wonders with our starting QB. unless of course by some way of magic, mcnair wins it, then we are ****** anyways.

umm on defense...i think terrell suggs has a huge bounce back year, wat with everyone coming back healthy...ngata has pretty much broken out, everyone knows he is a manimal...OH wow

antwan barnes- I fully expect 8-10 sacks from barnes...should spell jarrat johnson nicely on passing downs and help replace some of that pass rush skill we lost with adalius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chansi Stuckey and Justin Miller. Both off the IR. Clemson Boys
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Clemens for QB.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Hopefully Justin Gage.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Kerry Rhodes will make the Pro Bowl this year.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Nah. Its a popularity contest and he's not there yet. Maybe in '10
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deangelo Williams
Anthony Spencer
Greg Olson
Mercedes Lewis
Michael Turner
Jacoby Jones
Lendale White
Calvin Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Not if Troy P. plays in one game atleast. He needs a staple. Poly has the hair. What does Kerry have??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michael Huff

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the eagles look out for Stewart Bradley, he's probably gonna be the starting MLB next season and he should be a beast.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not sure how people can feel comfortable saying Greg Olsen, i mean look at his QBs. He has the talent, and he's one of the few recieving threats out there, but i just don't feel comfortable saying him, in the same way i didn't really feel comfortable saying Vernon Davis

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Not if Troy P. plays in one game atleast. He needs a staple. Poly has the hair. What does Kerry have??
talent nd hardwork
Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BananaSlug
Rookie

BananaSlug hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm pretty familiar with the Eagles
so I would guess Stewart Bradley, who will be starting at Mike... Victor Abiamiri should start at LE after not playing at all last year in his rookie year... Chris Gocong could develop into a star at SAM...

One of the Wideouts is possible with Reggie Brown or Jason Avant...maybe if Max Jean-Gilles wins the starting OG spot he could become an elite player...

Dolphins
Quentin Moses is a possibility... so is Rodrique Wright... Ted Ginn could become a stud... Jason Allen could excel at FS...

Others I think..
Ryan Harris is a good candidate since he could be starting at LT...
Roman Harper could have a breakout season...
Matt Leinart is a possibility...
Mark Bradley should get an opportunity...
Kelly Jenkins might develop into a premiere CB...
Lamarr Woodley could start at Pit and turn in a star season...
of course Aaron Rodgers is a good candidate...

Last edited by BananaSlug : 03-12-2008 at 03:08 PM.
BananaSlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
i'm not sure how people can feel comfortable saying Greg Olsen, i mean look at his QBs. He has the talent, and he's one of the few recieving threats out there, but i just don't feel comfortable saying him, in the same way i didn't really feel comfortable saying Vernon Davis
lee evans broke out with jp losman at qb, im just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Just thought of 1 more...

Charles Johnson on the Panthers.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
talent nd hardwork
yea, it was more me making fun of the way pro bowlers are selected. Poly didn't deserve it this year.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Just thought of 1 more...

Charles Johnson on the Panthers.
hows stanley mcclover doing down in carolina? i was a big fan of hsi while he was in college, wanted the ravens to draft him that year, i thought he could have been a hell of 34 OLB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im rooting for vernon davis. hes just too talented to get stuck in such a crappy offense.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rdup3r View Post
Not really, we were actually pretty good against the run. Sure the amount of rushing yards against is high, but that's only a result of the amount of time the defense was on the field. Teams averaged just 3.8 ypc against us(tied for 4th in the league), and Willis contributed a large part to that. If you watched a majority of the games, you'd see that most of his tackles were in and around the LOS.
Not really. minus special teams tackles, Harris had 123 tackles total. He had 20 tackles for no gain or loss, or 16%. He had 72 tackles total within 4 yards of the LOS, or 59% of his tackles were for a loss, no gain, or within 4 yards of the LOS.

Willis had 175 tackles. He had 24 for no gain or loss, or 14%. He had 97 tackles within 4 yards or the LOS, or 55% of his tackles were for a loss, no gain, or within 4 yards of the LOS. Harris was actually better in this regard.

As for the comment that Willis got better at making tackles close to the LOS later in the year, this is also false. In the first 10 games of the season, Willis made 93 tackles. 53 of these were within 4 yards of the LOS, or 57%. In the last 6 games of the season, Willis made 82 tackles. 44 of them were within 4 yards of the LOS, or 54%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Manny Lawson - because last year was supposed to be his breakout year but then he got hurt

Vernon Davis - He's the second best weapon Martz has, lets hope he uses him

Brandon Merriweather - 1) he's on the patriots, Randall *** looks good in patriots blue, 2) They need help in the secondary,
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Calvin Johnson. Hahaaaa.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Not really. minus special teams tackles, Harris had 123 tackles total. He had 20 tackles for no gain or loss, or 16%. He had 72 tackles total within 4 yards of the LOS, or 59% of his tackles were for a loss, no gain, or within 4 yards of the LOS.

Willis had 175 tackles. He had 24 for no gain or loss, or 14%. He had 97 tackles within 4 yards or the LOS, or 55% of his tackles were for a loss, no gain, or within 4 yards of the LOS. Harris was actually better in this regard.

As for the comment that Willis got better at making tackles close to the LOS later in the year, this is also false. In the first 10 games of the season, Willis made 93 tackles. 53 of these were within 4 yards of the LOS, or 57%. In the last 6 games of the season, Willis made 82 tackles. 44 of them were within 4 yards of the LOS, or 54%.
Nice analysis. But those percentages are so similar that it is really hard to say one was significantly better without talking about how they played. The fact is, they both did pretty well stopping the run.

Naturally when you have a larger sample of tackles to work with, the more likely you are to have tackles that are not 4 yards within the line of scrimmage, especially if Harris had 52 mores tackles or about a 40% increase.

Also I think it is easier for Willis to make tackles all over the field because of his ridiculous sideline to sideline speed. These are tackles that Harris wouldn't be making, which would also help his % of tackles within 4 yards of the LOS, but lower his total number of tackles.

Where did you get your stats btw?
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Atari Bigby
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote