Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I'd only move James if we got McFadden in the draft, which we won't. I'd rather slap the franchise on Dansby, fill a position of need in the 1st round, and keep Edge than trade Edge to draft Stewart and sign Dansby long term. And it's not like we couldn't sign Dansby after next year either. The only way I would trade Edge is if we get a #1 CB or another good player in a position of need, which Edge probably wouldn't fetch at this point in his career.
Next year we will need to give Boldin and Wilson contract extensions, as they are being paid basically nothing, if we could get Michael Turner before the draft for something like 3 mil a year and trade James for a 3rd or so i'm all for it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Next year we will need to give Boldin and Wilson contract extensions, as they are being paid basically nothing, if we could get Michael Turner before the draft for something like 3 mil a year and trade James for a 3rd or so i'm all for it
I'm not sold on Turner being a #1 back, I'd rather have Jonathan Stewart than him.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I'm not sold on Turner being a #1 back, I'd rather have Jonathan Stewart than him.
especially after that game yesterday, he is ridiculous

Old 01-01-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendanhall is playing well today. If he comes out, I would look at him.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Mendanhall is playing well today. If he comes out, I would look at him.
I still personally like Stewart better, but I have also got to see a lot more of him than Mendenhall

Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still personally like Stewart better, but I have also got to see a lot more of him than Mendenhall
I like Stewert too, but I dont believe he will be there with your second pick. He is a reach to get in the first, but he wont be there in thesecond. Thats why I think Mendenhall is a good pick. Besides, he is a younger, probably better version of Edge.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don;t know i like turner, kind of disaponted james didn't fair well, maybe he needs to split carries with another back. I think a speed back might compliment him well, someone like Slaton, if he could get him in the second. Not a really big fan of him, i want someone like Deanglo Williams, but i don't see anyone like that, a speed back that can truck.

I thought Boldin and Wilson recently got contracts.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i don;t know i like turner, kind of disaponted james didn't fair well, maybe he needs to split carries with another back. I think a speed back might compliment him well, someone like Slaton, if he could get him in the second. Not a really big fan of him, i want someone like Deanglo Williams, but i don't see anyone like that, a speed back that can truck.

I thought Boldin and Wilson recently got contracts.
Slaton reminds me too much of J.J. Arrington, i really don't like him as a NFL RB

Old 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wats our number one need, I think either DE, or Cb
Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Stewart better as well, but I still think Mendenhall has a good future in the NFL ahead of him. If he's still there in the 2nd, I'd definitely take him.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Slaton reminds me too much of J.J. Arrington, i really don't like him as a NFL RB
I agree with this. Slaton reminds me a lot of J.J. Arrington too, and I don't think that he warrants a 2nd round pick from the Cards. I'm still hoping that Arrington can turn it around, but it's looking like he never will.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-01-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Wats our number one need, I think either DE, or Cb
A #1 CB is what the Cards need the most. The secondary has been lost without Wilson in the lineup, and if either of the Jenkins are there in the 1st round I'm hoping the Cards will select them. If not, get somebody like McKlevin in the 2nd, although I doubt he would be there. A 3-4 OLB is probably the next greatest need, and it might be worth taking a shot with Groves in the 1st if both Jenkins are gone.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

hopefully Gohlston isn't to far out of our reach when we pick i think around 16-19
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
hopefully Gohlston isn't to far out of our reach when we pick i think around 16-19
Gholston will most likely be a top 5 pick.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I think if both Jenkins are gone we take a good look at Cason, he is a good play making corner and if his timed speed is in the 4.4. range I wouldn't mind him staying in AZ, if not Stewart, Otah, and Campbell should get a look, CB is our biggest need by far though

Old 01-03-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

We need fast corners that can play man coverage, Green and Rolle were both like cover 2 and nickel corners.

We just need someone with blazing speed.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think if both Jenkins are gone we take a good look at Cason, he is a good play making corner and if his timed speed is in the 4.4. range I wouldn't mind him staying in AZ, if not Stewart, Otah, and Campbell should get a look, CB is our biggest need by far though
Cason a great corner, and might fit the scheme. AZ just needs CBs that fit their defensive scheme. The CBs with Miami when they had a good defense and now with GB aren't necessarily blazing fast, but they're physical, play press coverage and throw WRs off their routes. At #16, I'd rather see an O-lineman and get the front solidified, or trade down into the mid-20's and pick up McKelvin plus extra picks.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Here is an interesting stat

Antonio Smith recovered 10 fumbles this year, definitely shows that he will work to get the ball in a pile

Who do you guys feel about drafting Calais Campbell DE Miami? In most likely hood both the Jenkins, Phillips and Gholston will be gone by our pick, so with Campbell we get our starting 4-3 RDE to replace Berry and Okeafor and another guy we can put in the rotation for the 3-4

Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Campbell will be good for a 4-3, as for 3-4 I don't know. But I did hear that since he is 6-8, he still can fill out his frame and get to 290 300 lbs. If that is the case then he would work for us like Dockett, who plays DT and DE, depending on which scheme we run. I was big on Campbell last year, but this year was a little dissapointing, but maybe he was trying to avoid injury. Hopefully he puts up good combine numbers. If he runs say like a 4.6 or so then I am all for him and he puts on weight. He could become a good DE, for our 3-4.

I don't see him playing 3-4 Olb, I think he is just a pure DE, then again people thought the same about Suggs. He is still raw and doesn't have any real like moves to get to the ball, other than his speed. But with good numbers, I can be happy with that pick
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Best of Q-Tip (Boldin's segment on Maximum Cardinals)

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc....php?PRKey=319

http://www.azcardinals.com/video_arc....php?PRKey=320

Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Since Norm Chow was fired do you there is any chance that the Cardinals try to get him as a QB coach? I really doubt he gets a OC position in the NFL and i'm not sure if he wants to go back to college yet. He has a proven track record of developing good QB's over their college careers

Steve Young
Jim Mcmahon
Phillip Rivers
Ty Detmer
Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer

Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
is there any chance Dansby leaves? just curious on what some whispers around the Cards is. I'd LOVE to have him in big blue next year
Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile

Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Word is that if they can't sign him to a long term deal he will be franchised and they will sign him to a long term deal next year, so about 95% chance he will be a Cardinal for awhile
I will kill somebody if they don't sign Dansby to a long-term deal. They can franchise him this year as long as they sign him long-term next year. Besides Wilson, he is the next best player on the Cards defense.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I think he and Dockett are 2a and 2b but we have more depth at DT then at LB, basically Biesel backing up both spots on the inside