Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys think i'm doing in the NFL draft game so far?
  • Traded back from 16 to 27 picked up the Jags 2nd and 5th
  • Traded up from 27 to 24 and selected Antoine Cason, cost me our 4th, Scottyboy was going to take him if I didn't
  • Traded our 2nd round pick(#51) to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson
  • Selected OLB/DE Quentin Groves with the Jags 2nd(#59)
  • Cut Terrence Holt & Bertrand Berry to relieve cap space

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm LJ, i think thats just another Edge, i was hoping for a quick speed back. With Edge still on who could pound it up the middle.

So are you going to trade Edge.

So far so good, gets some line help, Olb, and another cb. Also a WR a speed guy that can stretch the field.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one seems to be interested in edge, and LJ is a much better inside runner than Edge at this point in there careers, plus i felt the price was right, I may very well still select a speed back some time in the later rounds

Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
How do you guys think i'm doing in the NFL draft game so far?
  • Traded back from 16 to 27 picked up the Jags 2nd and 5th
  • Traded up from 27 to 24 and selected Antoine Cason, cost me our 4th, Scottyboy was going to take him if I didn't
  • Traded our 2nd round pick(#51) to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson
  • Selected OLB/DE Quentin Groves with the Jags 2nd(#59)
  • Cut Terrence Holt & Bertrand Berry to relieve cap space
Who was available at 16? Cason at 24 seems a reach but we need a #1 CB. What did you give up in the trade?

I don't like the LJ trade however (Overrated, coming off a serious injury and may struggle with our O-line; ego concerns as well? Plus he will bring salary cap issues) but the second selection is good value and I strongly agree with the cuts!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about Oke after you get another De.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I personally have seen Cason play a lot and he is a steal at that point, I fell once he answers the speed concerns at the combine he will be a top 15 pick, i don't know where this stuff started anyways he plays extremely fast and he is an All-American in the 4x4 100m

Old 01-27-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I was a fan of D.R.C. or that guy from Troy though his hands aren't that great.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Giants offer #31 for Fitzgerald, would you take it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Definitely no.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Ahhahahha, Fitz was a top 3 pick, number 3 and he just keeps getting better, if you want Fitz you better offer a lot more.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
lol better question where is your straight jacket?

I would trade Fitz for nothing less than 2 1st round picks one of them being in the top 5, or maybe a top 5 pick and a young shutdown corner like Samuel, Aso, or Williams

Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I was thinking of a draft this is somewhat diffrent than most drafts

1. Chirs Williams OT
We still need that tackle position filled, we got the RT side good, why not improve the LT side with Williams, also can run block like non other.
or
1. D.R.C
We need a cb, to move Rolle to safety and bam there you go

2. Chris Johnson RB
I think we need a quick back to compliment Edges, power we need someone to hit the homeruns for us.
or
2. Godfery or Cason cb
One of them slips down becuase of the cb moving up in the draft, as I said before with the first round pick, with Rolle.

3. Cliff Avril DE/OLB
This will help us with the Olb for out 3-4 pushing Dansby to the inside. DE in the 4-3 converted to 3-4 olb, he can rush the passer but can't hold up at the point of attack so he gets moved to olb.
or
3. Matt Forte - RB
A tough grind it out runner who can move the chains slowly. Not going to hit the homerun, but was MVP of senior bowl, and most MVPs of the senior bowl make a nice transition in the NFL.

4.Lavelle Hawkins -WR
A quick WR who can stretch the field, a good slot player and can make the big plays. A compliment to the two poistion WR of Boldin and Fitz.
or
4. Eddie Royal -WR
Same type of WR, but faster a good slot guy and with Johnson leaving none of the other backups are capable of much. WR depth is an issue.

Yeah I can't go on maybe someone can finish it for me but i got bored working so i thought i might give this a try
Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

no one no one wants to take a comment at this
Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I was thinking of a draft this is somewhat diffrent than most drafts

1. Chirs Williams OT
We still need that tackle position filled, we got the RT side good, why not improve the LT side with Williams, also can run block like non other.
or
1. D.R.C
We need a cb, to move Rolle to safety and bam there you go

2. Chris Johnson RB
I think we need a quick back to compliment Edges, power we need someone to hit the homeruns for us.
or
2. Godfery or Cason cb
One of them slips down becuase of the cb moving up in the draft, as I said before with the first round pick, with Rolle.

3. Cliff Avril DE/OLB
This will help us with the Olb for out 3-4 pushing Dansby to the inside. DE in the 4-3 converted to 3-4 olb, he can rush the passer but can't hold up at the point of attack so he gets moved to olb.
or
3. Matt Forte - RB
A tough grind it out runner who can move the chains slowly. Not going to hit the homerun, but was MVP of senior bowl, and most MVPs of the senior bowl make a nice transition in the NFL.

4.Lavelle Hawkins -WR
A quick WR who can stretch the field, a good slot player and can make the big plays. A compliment to the two poistion WR of Boldin and Fitz.
or
4. Eddie Royal -WR
Same type of WR, but faster a good slot guy and with Johnson leaving none of the other backups are capable of much. WR depth is an issue.

Yeah I can't go on maybe someone can finish it for me but i got bored working so i thought i might give this a try
I've already posted my comments on what I think the Cards should do but I'll happily respond to you.

1. At 16 I think Chris Williams might be a slight reach. He should be a good pro, but I'm not sure the value is there or of the merit of having two young OTs. DRC is fine value wise, but how would he fare as a true #1 CB which is what we need - Hood and Green are good #2s, just struggle against #1s.

2. Chris Johnson = Slightly better J. J. Arrington. Edge is wearing down and Shipp sadly seems on the outer. If anything we need a power back to compliment J. J. or pick up a speed back much later. Also, we are set in the Return game which negates Johnson's value further. As for the CBs, see above comments.

3. I don't know that much about Avril to comment to be honest, but I like the idea. We can never have too many pass rushers, and with Blackstock possibly not being invited back, it makes sense to draft a young guy with potential who can be a part of the rotation. I prefer the idea of Forte to Johnson, but unsure of the value. He looked good in the Senior Bowl, but I think a mid third may be a tad high.

4. I would like us to re-sign BJ who is underrated, but that won't happen, so I like the picks.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I think Forte as a mid 3rd would be a steal, i got to watch him alot this year and he is just simply a beast, a complete back who can run between the tackles, block, catch passes, and even break off long runs

Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

Hey guys.

Me and Jensen are doing the Cards in the forum mock.

I have just traded upto 11 for 16 and our third rounder to snare McKelvin.

What do you guys think?

Any suggestions for our 2nd Rounder or players to trade would be great.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Probably a good trade, it's very possible that both the Bills and Saints could of taken a CB, the Lions as well

as for the 2nd I would go BPA at either RB or 3-4 OLB, guys like Groves, Crable, Ellis, Charles, Jones, or Rice

Possible trade options: Micheal Turner & Travis Henry

Last edited by fenikz : 02-08-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

NICe i like McLovin

OLB/DE ya know for 3-4.

Trade Holt, Rolle, hmmmm Warner maybe Edge
Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Anyone fell that Arizona(Phoenix) is starting to become the center of attention for the US. We just had the Superbowl, McCain is running for president, we set the record for most people ever at a golf tournament, NASCAR is coming here shortly, we have 3 of the biggest names in the NBA, the Cardinals are actually doing good, The D'Backs could be on there way to a championship, it's kind of strange, growing up there was nothing here now we are the 4th largest city in America only behind LA, NY & Chicago

Last edited by fenikz : 02-14-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Alan Branch play for you guys in his rookie year?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
How did Alan Branch play for you guys in his rookie year?
He got a little playing time towards the end of the year, he is going to be a great depth guy for us, can play all 3 spots in our 3-4, and both tackles spots in our 4-3

Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shawntae spencer and walt harris for larry fitzgerald okay? then its a deal!
nikkayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how do you guys feel about the trade talks of Fitz to minny for say a 1st, a 3rd and next year's 3rd?

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
how do you guys feel about the trade talks of Fitz to minny for say a 1st, a 3rd and next year's 3rd?
I'd think Fitz would be worth more than that, but I guess if people don't think he will sign an extension his value would be much less

Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and the Cards are still open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18848

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote