Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 07-10-2008, 03:53 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't very well be the only NFC West team without people talking now can we

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Hey guys, how has Matt Leinart looked so far in camp? Has he picked up the offense? Is he making good throws (I've noticed he sometimes underthrows deep routes)? Have reports been positive up to this point? And what do you guys expect from him this year?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
saer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Hey guys, how has Matt Leinart looked so far in camp? Has he picked up the offense? Is he making good throws (I've noticed he sometimes underthrows deep routes)? Have reports been positive up to this point? And what do you guys expect from him this year?
i don't think Matt Leinarts going to make it, he was an ideal fit for the WCO and the Cardinals switched offensive schemes to a scheme that relies more on the deep-ball and lets face it, Leinart doesn't have the strongest arm. Had the Cardinals had the new system in place durung the '06 draft I think they would have taken Jay Cutler and the Broncos would have taken Matt Leinart due to the fact that the Broncos run a WCO which is Leinart's ideal system.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post

He has been tearing it up, he really has the game down mentally which was the only thing holding him back, only thin i have heard bad so far was DRC got a pick 6 on him

Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals | Shipp released
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:54:52 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday, Aug. 4, that the team released RB Marcel Shipp.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:12 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Cardinals | Shipp released
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:54:52 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals announced Monday, Aug. 4, that the team released RB Marcel Shipp.

Hightower is younger, cheaper, and has much more upside, i only wish we could find a fast back who isn't afraid of contact to replace J.J.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards sign LB Brandon Moore

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=3532130

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:52 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Moore could actually turn out to be a steal for you guys. He certainly has the ability to be a playmaker as long as he is playing downhill. Best as an OLB where his lack of coverage skills are less of a liability.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

He was just a depth signing, I don't see him challenging anyone for a starting spot, most likely will be our 4th ILB behind Hayes, Dansby, & Biesel.

But quality depth is always good, so I can't complain.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He was just a depth signing, I don't see him challenging anyone for a starting spot, most likely will be our 4th ILB behind Hayes, Dansby, & Biesel.

But quality depth is always good, so I can't complain.
He could probably beat out Biesel for the 3rd LB spot, I'm not really that high on Biesel. Nothing wrong with more depth though.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals make final roster cuts.

Quote:
The coaching staff whittled the roster down to 53 players late Saturday morning, releasing a list of guys that included veteran linebackers Brandon Moore, Matt Stewart and Joe Tafoya.

Also getting cut was undrafted rookie wide receiver Lance Long, although Long is eligible to return on the practice squad.

That means undrafted rookie linebacker Ali Highsmith made the team, as did veteran linebacker Monty Beisel.
Quote:
The other offensive players cut included running backs Steve Baylark and Chris Vincent, offensive linemen Kelly Butler, Carlton Medder, Peter Clifford and Jasper Harvey, receiver Jamaica Rector, tight end Alex Shor and Brent Miller, and quarterback Anthony Morelli.

Defensively, the Cards also released defensive backs Michael Adams, DeMario Minter, Dennis Keyes and Travarous Bain, defensive linemen Jason Banks and Keilen Dykes and linebacker Chris Harrington.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2510

BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Leinart has some really nice touch on his throws. Very catchable. His short-medium throws have a good amount of zip too. I wonder why he isnt doing any better.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:56 AM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

When can the PS be finalised? I'm keen to see if we can keep guys like Long, Keyes and Harrington.
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Basic domination of the 49ers on Sunday, Gore is a beast but we took him out of the game with our offensive game plan, was definitely a Whis style of game, some really good long possessions in the 4th quarter helped seal it.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Boys didn't look that good this week. Warner didn't have that great of a game, and that possession we had with about 3:00 left in the 4th was crap especially with that great of field position.

BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

our game plan was simple stupid on both sides of the ball, we put no pressure on Campbell and let him sit back and dink and dunk his way up the field, and on offense we went deep 1 time and got a TD from it, way too conservative

Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Don't get to catch you guys much during the season so I have a few Questions:
What do you guys think of your oline?
Is Pendergast going to be extended past this season?
Biggest need? OLB, OT, RB?
Is Matt Leinart showing any progress in practise or is he just moping again about losing the job?
Is Tim Hightower going to be able to be a legit NFL starting running back behind your oline?
Is branch playing any DE in your 3-4? He's got the size for the nose, but he was more exciting as a DE.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

O-line is in there 2nd year together, look good at pass blocking and decent at run blocking, I think everyone besides maybe Gandy is here for the long term.

I would expect Pendergast to return next year unless he gets a head coaching opportunity somewhere(college or NFL)

Biggest need I would say is a pass rushing OLB, but I'm a big fan of Hightower so i can see why other might put RB.

Not sure what Leinart is doing, haven't heard any complaints, but we never do from him, he is a classy guy.

I think so, he hits the hole hard, has good vision, and looks like he is a good receiver out of the backfield as well.

Branch isn't really playing, he is our backup up NT right now and will be 3rd string once Watson returns, like most scouts said when he was coming out he is just lazy.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like how the Cards are staying in the East. Maybe if it helps them win more teams will start doing it.

Fenikz neg rep me with ur ubber cool rep power.

A Rush 3-4 Olb is needed badly. It does look like they play 5-2, since they play up on the line and the inside 2 play pretty far back. Unlike the usual 3-4 where the Lbs are more rounded out around the line.

Last edited by brat316 : 09-27-2008 at 02:37 PM.
brat316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Kurt Warner was an All-Star today. 7 ******* turnovers. Hopefully Boldin recovers quickly.

BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Rolle doesn't look like he is going to be coming back
Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Eric Green is a P.O.S.

start DRC, how did he leave coles open so many times

Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Eric Green is a P.O.S.

start DRC, how did he leave coles open so many times
I've been saying that for awhile now. Green should not be a starting CB on this team.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

these next 3 games could make or break our season, if we end up 2-5 we are done

Old 10-05-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THINK BLUUUUUUUUUUUUE

MANNY FOR PRESIDENT
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote