Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 10-05-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll play the role of the classy Bills fan and wish you all good luck today.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you should do that every week

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win today over Dallas. Fitz and Breaston looked really good. Breaston continues to impress with the absence of Q.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Breaston stepping up and Q being injured we have a little more leverage when it comes to negotiations

Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
With Breaston stepping up and Q being injured we have a little more leverage when it comes to negotiations
I don't think Breaston development is going to matter. He has stated that you pay him or trade him. After this injury he had, which could have ended his career, he will most likely demand the amount he wants, or even maybe more.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I don't think Breaston development is going to matter. He has stated that you pay him or trade him. After this injury he had, which could have ended his career, he will most likely demand the amount he wants, or even maybe more.
Why would he demand more money coming off an injury and Breaston stepping up in his absence?

BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Also gotta give Dockett some praise. He was a beast out there yesterday.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly when you watch them Tim Hightower should really be splitting at least 50/50 carries with Edge. Hightower at this point just runs harder and has better vision. Far superior pass blocker than Edge and similar as receivers. To me the perfect plan would be 10-12 carries for each, and 4 or 5 plays for Arrington on 3rd down. If it were my team I'd have Hightower carrying 15-18 times a game with Edge giving him relief.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I don't know if Hightower would be as effective as a 3rd down/goal line back though if he was getting 50% of the carries, those 1 or 2 yards he constantly picks up in clutch situations is what has made us so effective running out the clock late in games. And I think Edge is a better blocker, he may not be a more physical blocker but with his knowledge of the game he is always in the right place to pick up the blitz.

Ideally I would like it to be

Edge 55%
Hightower 35%
Arrington 10%

Old 10-19-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know if Hightower would be as effective as a 3rd down/goal line back though if he was getting 50% of the carries, those 1 or 2 yards he constantly picks up in clutch situations is what has made us so effective running out the clock late in games. And I think Edge is a better blocker, he may not be a more physical blocker but with his knowledge of the game he is always in the right place to pick up the blitz.

Ideally I would like it to be

Edge 55%
Hightower 35%
Arrington 10%
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that right now. I think Edge's contract is up after next year, so hopefully Hightower has progressed enough to be a full-time starting RB because I really like him.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Hightower is a lot faster than I expected him to be, he has that kind of explosiveness that he is at top speed almost instantly, that huge 3rd down conversion on 3rd and 21 vs the Cowboys is a good example of that.

how do you think the rest of the season turns out, here are my predictions

@ Car(W) - I think we are like 4-0 since Green after a bye week, I know we suck traveling to the East Coast but this could be a huge statement game.

@ STL(L) - A few weeks ago I would of for sure said this is a victory but Haslett has the Rams playing good ball and i expect them to be the team who contends with us the rest of the way.

vs SF(W) - at home vs the 49ers who are a mess right now, i expect there whole coaching staff to be gone some time around this game.

@ Sea(W) - Seahawks just look pathetic right now, I doubt Hasselbeck comes back this year and I see them trying to rebuilding next year

vs NYG(W) - Just seems like one of those home games vs a good team that we are destined to win

@ Phi(L) - Another trip out east with a 1 PM start time, NFL needs to fix this stuff eventually

vs Stl(W) - Going for win #10 in a row at home, could be a huge game with a playoff type atmosphere

vs Min(W) - #11!, i could be playing up the home field advantage a little too much but I'm also not a big fan of the vikings this year and unlike Denny Green i doubt we tell them we aren't going to run the ball today.

@ NE(L) - with the NFC West locked up we start to rest our starters, I could see Hightower having a huge game in the snow, should be fun to say the least

vs Sea(W) - gotta end the season with a win

11-5 is my homerish predication, i think we need 9 wins to win the NFC West

Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

at Carolina - Loss. Carolina looked really good against New Orleans, and I think the Cards might be a little rusty coming off a bye week.
at St. Louis - Win. Not jumping on the bandwagon with STL.
vs. San Fran. - Win. They suck.
at Seattle - Win. They suck too.
vs. New York Giants - Loss. I think this will be a close game, but I just can't see the Cards winning this game.
at Philadelphia - Loss. On the road against Philly...don't see it happening.
vs. St. Louis - Win. Should be an easier win.
vs. Minnesota - Win. I think this will be a high-scoring game, but the Cards come out on top.
at New England - Loss. Not feeling it on the road against an eastern team.
vs. Seattle - Win. They still suck by week 16.

Overall Record: 10-6, first in NFC West.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cards might win agianst the Giants, as you said it will be a close game. Teams traveling 3 times zones usually loose, and the odds are in the Cards favor. Whoooo Raaaaay Jet Lag.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I don't know why so many people are against splitting up the NFC and AFC and making a Western and Eastern conference, it just make too much sense I guess, not like you would lose any regional rivalries or anything.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
TickOffOurBestPlayer

Anquan Boldin is unhappy with his contract. Arizona doesn't want to give him a new contract. He wants to be traded if thats the case. Boldin has been hurt and Steve Breaston has been playing great. Arizona also has a young Early Doucet.

Kellen Winslow is unhappy with his contract. Cleveland doesn't want to give him a new contract(STUPID). He now wants to be traded because of it. Winslow was hurt and Steve Heiden proved to be a great player as he always does when called on. We also spent a lot to draft Martin Rucker who's young and talented. It appears Savage and Crennel have erked Winslow to the point of no return(Stupid move by two stupid people).

Kellen Winslow and a conditional draft pick for Anquan Bolden this offseason and each respective team can deal with the newly aquired player.

Thoughts???
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Both are signed through 2010 but I don't see Boldin going any where, by the end of his contract he will be 30 years old and most likely we would apply the franchise tag if an extension isn't worked out so he could be a Cardinal for until 2011 and by this time he could very well be worn out and past his prime due to his playing style

Boldin is the leader of this team and a much better player imo than Winslow

Old 10-24-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat the Panthers!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickOffOurBestPlayer View Post
Anquan Boldin is unhappy with his contract. Arizona doesn't want to give him a new contract. He wants to be traded if thats the case. Boldin has been hurt and Steve Breaston has been playing great. Arizona also has a young Early Doucet.

Kellen Winslow is unhappy with his contract. Cleveland doesn't want to give him a new contract(STUPID). He now wants to be traded because of it. Winslow was hurt and Steve Heiden proved to be a great player as he always does when called on. We also spent a lot to draft Martin Rucker who's young and talented. It appears Savage and Crennel have erked Winslow to the point of no return(Stupid move by two stupid people).

Kellen Winslow and a conditional draft pick for Anquan Bolden this offseason and each respective team can deal with the newly aquired player.

Thoughts???
That'd be a nice trade for both teams. Pope has manifested like I hoped he would. KW2, when healthy, would be a more valuable player than Boldin, due to being able to contribute with run-blocking, which he's OK with. Toss in Breaston and Doucet and even without Boldin the passing lineup is still worthy enough to turn the clock back 7 years on an aging QB, and might even to better suited for him than as Warner is good at exploiting the middle of the field. If they move to Leinert, he might like the two WRs more than the WR/TE, but I think it would still be a good match.

For the Browns, they'd have the two outside threats, which suits their QB more.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Boldin doing? Good enough to start in fantasy tomorrow?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Cards really blew that game. The defense looked horrible, especially on Carolina's 1st touchdown drive.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards still need that Olb that can pass rush, and a NT that can eat up everything. And by everything I mean a center, guard and RB. At times the Line is doing a great job on run plays but then the Lb get blocked instead of making a play, like the last long run by Williams inside the 2 min warning.

When is DRC going to play? Also the Antrel Rolle project doesn't seem to be doing so well.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big big game this Sunday. Warner and that passing attack scares me, Rams need to put pressure on Warner or he's going to have like 400+ yards against us.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

if we win these next 3 games we basically clinch the division

looks like Hightower will be starting vs the Rams, I don't see Edge getting the spot back he physically and mentally just seems finished

Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if we win these next 3 games we basically clinch the division

looks like Hightower will be starting vs the Rams, I don't see Edge getting the spot back he physically and mentally just seems finished

I think you guys got the division all but wrapped up. Hightower was beastly today, good draft steal for you guys.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya the O-Line kind of screwed Hightower's stats, but i know very well that he couldn't care one bit about those

the holding call cost him a 20 yard run and on a few runs late he lost a total of about 20 with negative runs