Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Were the Raiders not happy with Washington? Did he not produce this past season?
He sucks, he was demoted in favor of Routt.

Right now I'm not sure what to think of this trade, sure D-Hall is good..but wtf, that pick was going to fill a hole...and what happens with Asumogha..
Old 03-15-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It makes no sense. Aso wouldn't have stayed for the type of money they gave to Hall? I have a hard time believing that.
I thought of that as well, but perhaps Aso is fed up with the suckiness of the Raiders? It doesn't make as much sense as I first thought...

It will be quite funny to see Falcon fans reactions to getting a 2nd rounder after some wanting Justin Tuck and the Giants whole day 1 lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, money would have been better spent on Aso than Kelly and Walker. This is why you re-sign your own playmakers first and foremost.

Maybe they can make it work, to keep Aso and Hall. That's nasty.
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How much did they pay Javon Walker again?
And Jamarcus Russell and whover they draft at #4
And how much money is Gallery still getting

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

wow..For a second round pick..cant be mad at all.
superpack84
Rookie

superpack84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How much cap room do the Raiders have?
superpack84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders have spent a lot of money this offseason, but the reality is that most of those players aren't going to see anywhere close to the total money. I have a hard time seeing Al letting the best draft pick he's made in forever, a defensive back no less, walk.

If there's a guy out there who would pay out the ass for the best corner duo in the NFL, his name is Al Davis. And as long as the Raiders are going for broke, I love this move.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 03-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpack84 View Post
after the draft? I estimate about $11
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We just got out smarted by Al Davis. My god.

Hehehehe

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised they haven't cut Lamont Jordan yet. That will free up more room. Maybe they can ditch NT Terdell Sands even though they gave him a 4-year deal before 07.

Luckily Burgess has a 3M salary the next two seasons, which is why I don't think they look Gholston despite his workout warrior ability.
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It makes no sense. Aso wouldn't have stayed for the type of money they gave to Hall? I have a hard time believing that.
With the cap going up again, Aso has a better chance making more money in FA next year, then taking this contract.
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The Raiders have spent a lot of money this offseason, but the reality is that most of those players aren't going to see anywhere close to the total money. I have a hard time seeing Al letting the best draft pick he's made in forever, a defensive back no less, walk.

If there's a guy out there who would pay out the ass for the best corner duo in the NFL, his name is Al Davis. And as long as the Raiders are going to broke, I love this move.
See, this is what I'm thinking, PM. Good post. I think Davis will want to make it work. He spent 1-2M extra to make Aso an exclusive franchise player, so that he couldn't even talk to other teams.

The man franchise tagged Charles Woodson for two seasons.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
He sucks, he was demoted in favor of Routt.

Right now I'm not sure what to think of this trade, sure D-Hall is good..but wtf, that pick was going to fill a hole...and what happens with Asumogha..
I'd be surprised if Asomugha wasn't the starter.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 03-15-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpack84 View Post
They should have plenty. Kelly, Walker, Fargas, and Wilson are making a total of 2.8 million combined in 2008.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow...only a second round pick.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
They should have plenty. Kelly, Walker, Fargas, and Wilson are making a total of 2.8 million in 2008.
another pretty good point. Alot of these deals(i think) are pretty backloaded. For now, they should be ok.
Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@#$&*@^@#(*&^)@#$*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean Asomugha is gone this year or next? I would rather have Scrabble over Hall any day of the week. This really ticks me off.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, we traded for one of my fave defensive players! Can't complain. If we could somehow keep Aso and D-Hall I'd be thrilled! :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who do the Falcons have in their secondary now? I may need to readjust my mock.

And to whomever asked before about trading up for a QB, I don't see it, unless they REALLY like Flacco and are afraid someone else will leapfrog them. I can't see them, or any other team, getting a hot hand for Brohm or Henne.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who do the Falcons have in their secondary now? I may need to readjust my mock.

And to whomever asked before about trading up for a QB, I don't see it, unless they REALLY like Flacco and are afraid someone else will leapfrog them. I can't see them, or any other team, getting a hot hand for Brohm or Henne.

Chris Houston, Von Hucthins, Lawyer Milloy, and Erik Coleman. Yikes.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Someone is trading up into the 1st for Flacco, you know it. :)
Old 03-15-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Chris Houston, Von Hucthins, Lawyer Milloy, and Erik Coleman. Yikes.
No seriously.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im shocked....if NNamdi stays...imma have an orgasm :D lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

zomg don't forget Jimmy Williams ... who, ah, hasn't really done a thing in the pros ...
Old 03-15-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best CB duo in the league on paper atleast.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote