Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If we trade up, I will be so pissed. 4 picks in the first 2 rounds for a team that needs to rebuild basically everywhere.
I don't see the Falcons targeting anyone to trade up for #1. Maybe to get back into the 1st... perhaps... If they don't like Ryan or Long, I wouldn't be shocked if they actually try to trade back to get even more picks.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
He's now closer to home for you though if that means anything.
Yeah. I think I am going to watch more Raiders game for sure. I love Russell and I liked the acquisition of Walker (not for that price). Hall and Nnamdi are great players. Huff was one of my favorite prospects in his draft.

Hopefully Hall can prove his doubters wrong while playing in OAK. I wish him the best of luck.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I told you Falcon fans! You said that Hall would stay with the Falcons for his career. Only got a 2nd rounder for him? Management must not be so good at dealing, especially with all the hype on this player.

You are a stupid man. It'd be better if you kept quiet.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I don't see the Falcons targeting anyone to trade up for #1. Maybe to get back into the 1st... perhaps... If they don't like Ryan or Long, I wouldn't be shocked if they actually try to trade back to get even more picks.
I would love that the most, unless Jake Long is on the board. If anyone else, I would love to trade back with Dallas or other guys who covet McFadden or Dorsey or Ellis.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 03-15-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want DMac.....but Ellis and Dorsey might be better for us on the D to give our linebackers and secondary some help

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 03-15-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Did the Raiders really need to acquire Hall to match him up against Craig Daivs and Sammie Parker?
And Keary Colbert.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I told you Falcon fans! You said that Hall would stay with the Falcons for his career. Only got a 2nd rounder for him? Management must not be so good at dealing, especially with all the hype on this player.
yeah i'd keep quiet if i were you..
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I want DMac.....but Sellis and Dorsey might be better for us on the D to give our linebackers and secondary some help
Yes the Raiders need a DT. No they don't need Ellis or Dorsey. Their skillsets don't work well to complement Kelly's who will be at the UT position. A guy like Pat Sims, Marcus Harrison, Ahtyba Rubin or Red Bryant, those are the kind of guys the Raiders need. Maybe Harrison, Rubin or Bryant could slip to the 4th for the Raiders to snatch one of them up... Maybe... Harrison is probably most likely with his character concerns..

Or perhaps the Raiders are hoping that Sands plays up to his contract. If they make no other moves, it will be evidence that they are banking on it.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes the Raiders need a DT. No they don't need Ellis or Dorsey. Their skillsets don't work well to complement Kelly's who will be at the UT position. A guy like Pat Sims, Marcus Harrison, Ahtyba Rubin or Red Bryant, those are the kind of guys the Raiders need. Maybe Harrison, Rubin or Bryant could slip to the 4th for the Raiders to snatch one of them up... Maybe... Harrison is probably most likely with his character concerns..

Or perhaps the Raiders are hoping that Sands plays up to his contract. If they make no other moves, it will be evidence that they are banking on it.
I think Ellis would still work well as NT along side Kelly.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

do you know if Kelly will stay at UT? Or will he still be moving inside and out.....maybe we can shop washington around maybe get a 3rd or somethin....i like Letroy Guion a bit.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
do you know if Kelly will stay at UT? Or will he still be moving inside and out.....maybe we can shop washington around maybe get a 3rd or somethin....i like Letroy Guion a bit.
My understanding is that Kelly will be Warren Sapp now. (or he is expected to be) He will be called upon to get at the QB from the DT spot and that will be his job. Moving him in and out would not be very beneficial except perhaps in goal line situations. One plus of this is, while his ability to get to the QB may or may not be as good as Sapp's the last 2 years, his ability in the run game should be an improvement over Sapp's last year.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I think Ellis would still work well as NT along side Kelly.
Honestly, that would be a little iffy in my opinion.

In my opinion, for Ellis to be effective next to Kelly, he would likely have to bulk up an extra 10-15 lbs which is questionable. To be honest, it would be a waste of his talents. It would be far better to wait and grab someone later who was built to do that already like Harrison, Bryant or Rubin.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things.

1. If this move means Aso is gone after the year, I am really disappointed.

2. The Raiders NEVER have salary cap problems... whenever they are near Al Davis restructures contracts and does everything and gives us a decent or good salary cap, so that is something not to worry about, really.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Yea keeping Kelly inside might be best. Hopefully Sands will step up...im not very confident in many DTs this year.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish he would have come to KC.especially for a 2nd
Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
2 things.

1. If this move means Aso is gone after the year, I am really disappointed.

2. The Raiders NEVER have salary cap problems... whenever they are near Al Davis restructures contracts and does everything and gives us a decent or good salary cap, so that is something not to worry about, really.
Its gonna be pretty hard to do with Hall, Nnamdi, Huff on his pick 7 contract, Russell on his top pick contract, Walker on his ridiculous contract. If he can get out of this, then props to him. If he finds a way to retain Nnamdi then damn.

Imagine if we got Nnamdi. That would be so cool.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
No. It wouldn't.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its gonna be pretty hard to do with Hall, Nnamdi, Huff on his pick 7 contract, Russell on his top pick contract, Walker on his ridiculous contract. If he can get out of this, then props to him. If he finds a way to retain Nnamdi then damn.
Walker makes more in the last two years of his contract than he makes in his first four. There's zero chance he makes it that deep into his contract. Gallery's contract was recently re-done. Kelly contract never pays him over 7 million a year.

The only unavoidably "big" contract Oakland has is Russell's right now, and that'll be joined soon by Hall's and whoever they draft in the first round this year. I have faith that Al wouldn't sacrifice his ability to re-sign Nnamdi.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

pretty sure all 31 teams in the NFL and their fans think the same way lol(excluding the raiders of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Something to keep in mind is that Hall and Asomugha given longterm contract probably wouldn't hurt the cap as much as just Asomugha with the exclusive tag.

I'm sure one of the sticking points to Hall's contract is that the Raiders want to get Asomugha under contract as well. Keep in mind that signing Hall to big money makes Asomugha's tag number go up as well because Hall would likely be in the top 5 paid CBs.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Walker makes more in the last two years of his contract than he makes in his first four. There's zero chance he makes it that deep into his contract. Gallery's contract was recently re-done. Kelly contract never pays him over 7 million a year.

The only unavoidably "big" contract Oakland has is Russell's right now, and that'll be joined soon by Hall's and whoever they draft in the first round this year. I have faith that Al wouldn't sacrifice his ability to re-sign Nnamdi.
I truly hope you're right on this one....

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asomugha and Hall, wow.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Our D will a bad ass with a piece or 2 more.....Kwame Harris' contract is fixed up also isnt it?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

On a completely different note, I think Hall would look sick in a Raiders jersey. What will he wear? 21 = Scrabble. 24 = Huff.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We just got out smarted by Al Davis. My god.
Welcome to rock bottom.

Hall for a second is a steal right now... He's one hell of a corner... I'd be pretty happy having Hall with the lions... especially for a second.

Does this mean the end of Fabian Washinton in Oakland (they can't pay three corners of that quality... plus JaMarcus, the 4th this year, Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker... that's some hefty contracts. Is Gallery still getting his rookie deal salary?)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote