Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default Raiders 08 Draft Room

General Draft Talk

Antonio Pittman ran a 4.43 in the 40.I wouldbt mind picking him up.i think hes the third best RB in the draft.didnt think the was this fast and Ive never liked Bush or Irons.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The RB that impressed me most was Henry from Arizona. The guy is 5-11 230 and he ran a 4.3 in the 40. That is damn good for anyone let alone someone his size and I wouldn't mind us picking him up.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what round do u think we go RB in? i say 4th or 5th. what kind of back do we need? Big back, complete back or fast back?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i like pittman but i like hunt more. also henry and walker.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
what round do u think we go RB in? i say 4th or 5th. what kind of back do we need? Big back, complete back or fast back?

I agree we will probably go RB in the 4th or 5th. I can't see Booker falling that far but Henry, Walker and maybe Pittman are possibilities.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I like AD.theres no doubt that we need someone who has power.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im starting to think the Raiders might take Chris Henry in the third or fourth round. If we get a 3rd round comp or trade Randy for a 3rd rounder, maybe we use it on him, although I dont think we spend a pick at the top of third on him. Top of the 4th I could see.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any chance of brian loenard? he ran a sub 4.5 today i think. he has power i believe and has excellent hands

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 02-25-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take a RB I like Bush and Irons, maybe Darius Walker. Pittman is ok too im not very high on him.

SN-did everyone's post count go down?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If we take a RB I like Bush and Irons, maybe Darius Walker. Pittman is ok too im not very high on him.

SN-did everyone's post count go down?

yes every1's did. i dont like bush though. he is like jordan. big sized but doesnt run any1 over

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 02-25-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are we looking for exactly? A westbrook type back? a power back like rudi johnson?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am of the opinion that we need a power back.

I really like Dwayne Wright and Tony Hunt.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I think we need a complete back. One that can run with power speed and catch the ball.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think we need a complete back. One that can run with power speed and catch the ball.
brian leonard

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

What about someone like Lorenzo Booker?
Can Brian Leonard really play RB? He might be a good FB but im not sure bout RB.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 02-25-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can Brian Leonard really play RB? He might be a good FB but im not sure bout RB.
Quote:
Undersized and doesn't have either height or bulk you look for...Not very physical and won't break many tackles
thats some of scotts scouting report on him

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like D Walker as a versatile back. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of receiving in college, maybe he'll be a Charlie Garner type, that guy was awesome.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
thats some of scotts scouting report on him
I read the report. Couldnt he bulk up a bit though? He's like 5'11 isnt he?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
he ran a 4.49 today.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Brian Leonard can play half back in the NFL. He has all the tools to be a tough north south runner with good burst and terrific hands out of the backfield. I've been sold on the guy for quite some time. We also know that he can block in the passing game something we were lacking last year.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Booker is what he is, a speed back with good receiving skills, very athletic, good burst, but he doesnt run with power. Brian Leonard would be nice but we'd have to use the 33rd overall on him and I think the pick would be better used on OL (Staley). I see us using a day 2 pick on a running back. Possibilites I can think of are Chris Henry, Dwayne Wright, Darius Walker, Booker(if he lasts), Romance Taylor

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 02-25-2007 at 11:52 PM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Hmm, I am of the opinion we need a decent backup RB. Just someone who can come in and grind out 3,4,5,5+ yd runs to give Jordan a rest. We'll find our next feature back another year. Kolby Smith or even Kenneth Darby would more than do the trick. Someone who hits the hole hard and wears down the D.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&...%2f621923.html

it's brady quinn.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Good. (I don't like the 10 character minimum.)
Old 02-26-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bucksavage
Rookie

bucksavage hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoPg6x8hXsg

watch around 3:23 Jamarcus doesnt look out of shape at all

dont let 40 numbers fool you guys. Just because a player can run the 40 fast doesnt mean he is good.

Last edited by bucksavage : 02-26-2007 at 12:58 PM.
bucksavage is offline   Reply With Quote