Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.in my opinion we should take a qb who can help us at once.so quinn is the answer for our qb problems.we had the poorest OL, and quinn can handle with it because of his experience at notre dame.
2.the other way out would be, take JR and let him learn from bledsoe, who is free agent now. the best examples are dallas and patriots with t.brady and romo.
3.we trade for carr and take Calvin,who is the best WR i ever saw.body and blocking skills of a TE, and speed and hands of WR like moss at his best days in vinkings.
NotoRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I do like your plan. We should just take either CJ or JR number one. IMO the two best guys in the draft. There the ones who are going to make the biggest splash on the team. But the question is do we take the best WR or do we take the best QB in the draft?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

It's such a tough call....I wonder if anyone would trade up for CJ.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking we need to go D-line in the 3rd, maybe Tim Crowder or Kareem Brown something on the D-line.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
I'm thinking we need to go D-line in the 3rd, maybe Tim Crowder or Kareem Brown something on the D-line.
ya dline in the 3rd should help us.

CJ or russell in the 1st

staley,kalil or moss in the 2nd

dline and o line in 3rd

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

Would Tank Tyler be avialble in the 3rd though?

Thanks to jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

i hope that Blalock is still availble in the 2nd round, he will be a great RG as pro.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Raiders | Team puts T. Edwards through a private workout
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:14:24 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders put Stanford QB Trent Edwards through a private workout. Edwards watched film and threw passes to a handful of players.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Raiders | Team puts T. Edwards through a private workout
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:14:24 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Oakland Raiders put Stanford QB Trent Edwards through a private workout. Edwards watched film and threw passes to a handful of players.
pretty good news. means we arnt only interested in russell

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

sounds great.
1st overall selection Calvin Johnson!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I love Trent Edwards as a prospect.Im very happy that they are interested in him.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

I don't mind this:
1.CJ
2. Zack Miller
3. Tank Tyler

Anybody care to comment.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tank is a late first, early 2nd round pick so if we really want him we could have a chance at #33
Old 04-08-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I don't mind this:
1.CJ
2. Zack Miller
3. Tank Tyler

Anybody care to comment.
Zach Miller seems like a reach and Tyler at that point is a bit of a steal, so it ain't bad. That said, with the resigning of Sands, we don't really need a nosetackle. We could pick up a nice undertackle later on in the draft (Antonio Johnson really impressed me at the Senior Bowl).
Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

We need a good TE though, not somebody who just blocks but can also make some nice grabs. If not Miller could we go with Kalil or Blalock.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
skatman
Rookie

skatman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
We need a good TE though, not somebody who just blocks but can also make some nice grabs. If not Miller could we go with Kalil or Blalock.
There's nothing I'd like more than to see a legit two-way TE in Oakland.

Just a guess, but I don't think the Raiders view TE as a major need. I think Anderson, Stewart and probably Madsen make the roster. That doesn't get me excited, and I'd love to score a Ben Patrick a bit later in the draft, but with a bad TE draft class, and the signing of Stewart, I'll be surprised if we draft one.
skatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

At this point our TE situation is so bad all we need is a TE that can catch the ball consistently and that would be an upgrade.we dont need anything special at that position.....yet.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

We should of been smart earlier in the offseason and signed either Eric Johnson or Randy Mcmicael. Instead we sign Tony Stewart, well it looks like we'll have to turn to the draft to get out TE I hope it's either Miller or Chandler.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 AM    (permalink
teneight
Rookie

teneight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why would we waste our 1st overall pick on a WR (CJ) when we are really really deep at the WR position. moss, porter, curry, gabriel, whitted, buchanon, morant, francis and a few more.

we need to draft QB, OLx3, DT, safety, RB, and TE (mean Big nasty blocking TE with some solid catching abilities...we need to pound that ball !24%$#%$#)

another Wr is the last thing we need

Last edited by teneight : 04-09-2007 at 05:44 AM.
teneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

well first off Moss is an asshole.Porter missed a year.Curry's ankes cant be depended on.Did you seriously list off Whitted?Francis will be on the IR once again.Buchannon I like but will he contribute?Morant is good at catching the ball and getting yac but he cant seem to hold onto the ball.out of those guys we dont have enough to warrant to pass on CJ.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What round do you guys think T. Edwards end up in? I have liked him quite a bit for a while now but it seems like he is rising up draft boards and I'm not so sure we can get him as late as I anticipated initially.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderLifer View Post
What round do you guys think T. Edwards end up in? I have liked him quite a bit for a while now but it seems like he is rising up draft boards and I'm not so sure we can get him as late as I anticipated initially.
3rd - 4th atleast

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderLifer View Post
Could go anywhere from mid-2nd to the early 4th in my estimation. I'm sure some teams love him, but others will want to go for the more proven quarterbacks like Stanton and Kolb.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneight View Post
why would we waste our 1st overall pick on a WR (CJ) when we are really really deep at the WR position. moss, porter, curry, gabriel, whitted, buchanon, morant, francis and a few more.

we need to draft QB, OLx3, DT, safety, RB, and TE (mean Big nasty blocking TE with some solid catching abilities...we need to pound that ball !24%$#%$#)

another Wr is the last thing we need
You should take RB off your list of needs for the same reason, we already have Jordan, Rhodes, and Fargas so I don't think we should waste a pick on a RB.

BTW, I think most people saying they want CJ are assuming we get rid of Moss so that would open up a spot for a #1 WR.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahahahhaa Whitted!
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote