Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: What would you give up for CJ?
1st, 2nd, 3rd of this year and more 7 21.21%
1st and 2nd 6 18.18%
1st and 3rd 5 15.15%
Other Combination 8 24.24%
Forget trading up, keep the picks! 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What would you give up for CJ?

What would you give up to get Calvin Johnson, assuming we'd have to move up a few spots to grab him?
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Doncarlito

I wouldn't trade up for him, id keep the picks and hope he falls due to more pressing needs of teams
Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My virginity.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Doncarlito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
My virginity.
thats the way... take one for the team lol
Old 02-25-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
lol thats great

IMO I would give up a first, second, and third, but either the 2nd or the 3rd rounder would have to be from 2008

that way we can still nab a first day offensive lineman and grab some depth players (WR/DE/FS/TE) on the 2nd day, its so perfect, it probably wont happen, lol
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would probably give our first, our second, and maybe a worthless player.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Doncarlito

worthless player like smoot, lol no one would want him. Maybe we could throw sharper into a trade hes much better than smoot
Old 02-25-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Wow, I would do that for a Klondike Bar!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson is a once in a decade type of receiver and i think we should do all we can do to try to get him. i'd go with our first second and another late round pick or maybe a future 3rd or fourth. I hope we make some kind of move because I'm not huge on Jarrett, just reminds me too much of Mike Williams.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would probably give our first, our second, and maybe a worthless player.
Yeah i agree with that one. Smoot i would say because Cleveland needs help at Cornerback if he falls to 3.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree with both of ya'll. I don't think I'd give up my whole first day though...

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anything it takes...he is a sure thing

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
kevin148

I'd rather trade down than trade up.
Let's see...1 WR or 3 starters.
easy call here.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A first, a second, and one of those neat coupon books.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I'd rather trade down than trade up.
Let's see...1 WR or 3 starters.
easy call here.
With the way we've drafted over the past years, what makes you think that we'd be able to get three starters out of the picks?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chester Taylor and the 1st
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
kevin148

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
With the way we've drafted over the past years, what makes you think that we'd be able to get three starters out of the picks?
If Tice were still here...I would agree...but we got Griffin / Edwards and Blue last year all 3 played and played well. Greenway has a chance to make last years draft classes one of the best of the last decade.
Especially if Jackson and Cook live up to thier draft pick (I wouldn't hold my breath..but hey)
...Your post actually agrees more with me...I mean wouldn't we have more chances of hitting a good player with more picks ? What are the chances we go 1 for 1 anyways ... a billion to 1 ?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd give up a single additional pick, i.e. a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Definitely not more because we have tons of holes and need as many draft picks as possible.

But CJ is a freak. I cannot believe he is 6'5 229 pounds and can run a 4.35 forty and jump a 45-inch vertical in somebody elses shoes. He and Randy Moss might be the best athletes at WR in draft histoy. Might as well make it 2 for 2.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st, 2nd and next years 2nd. Could work.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

We should definitely go after defensive players in FA, so we can go after Calvin. You can still get starters in the second day. It's not like we would be trading our first whole day either. Like I said, I wouldn't trade for C.J. if we had to give up three of our first day picks from this year's draft.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We should definitely go after defensive players in FA, so we can go after Calvin. You can still get starters in the second day. It's not like we would be trading our first whole day either. Like I said, I wouldn't trade for C.J. if we had to give up three of our first day picks from this year's draft.
True I would like the vikings to go after Kerney if his Price Tag isnt to high then try and get Calvin. We get a proven DE and the top prospect of the draft.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

very good points guys, we do have some holes to fill but majority of them, if anything are depth and youth reasons which we can easily address second day

TE and DE are easily obtainable in FA (Graham will be cheap and like dynasty said if Kerneys price isnt too high, we can grab him)

trade a first, second, and 3rd (one from next season) grab oline with the other first day pick and go BPA the rest of the way...

i like how you guys think, hahaha...we can only dream though :)
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

This year's 1st and 3rd and next year's 1st.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobzilla View Post
anything it takes...he is a sure thing
It just depends on the team. For some teams I'd give up the whole draft as I think getting one elite player like him is better than a bunch of mediocres. While there are never for sure bets (Ricky Williams) I just have a very hard time seeing Johnson not at least being a pro-bowl type player.

For the Vikings, however, there are just too many holes and too many bad drafts in the past where they can gamble it all on one player.

They need to start building their infrastructure, particularly in terms of youth, because right now it's pretty weak.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote