Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jesse Lumsden Belongs in the NFL

1st of all......GO CANADIANS!

Now onto the thread. Jesse Lumsden is a 25 year old RB that plays for Hamilton in the CFL. He is 6'2 226, and as some of you may already know he played at the East-West Shrine Game out of McMaster in the OUA and was signed to 2 teams and eventually cut from both (Seattle and Washington).

Lumsden is every bit NFL material as a RB/H-Back and deserves to be suiting up on Sunday's in the states. When people say "so-and-so is the next Adrian Peterson" on these boards I always think of Lumsden. He has outstanding size, breakaway speed, acceleration/burst, elusiveness and jukes, power, and vision. he is also a solid blocker and receiver. As a runner he is the closest comparison to Peterson I've ever seen. He loves contact but he can also run away from defenses in a flash, which is incredible at his size. His weaknesses are his upright bruising running style (could lead to injuries), lack of balance, and some tightness when making hard cuts (similar weaknesses to other taller backs). I think he can start in the NFL, but to me he's better than every 3rd string tailback in the NFL at the very least. Once again, to recap, he's a freakish athlete and a beast of a runner.

So now I'll let you decide.....does Lumsden belong in the NFL or not? What are his strengths and weaknesses and how do you think he would fit on a team's roster? Are there any other players from foreign countries that were overlooked, or similar stories to Lumsden's. The way I look at it, he has 2 things going against him: his skin color, and his home country/alma mater. There is definitely a glass ceiling for most Canadians and Caucasians at certain positions. There are very few Canadian runningbacks in the NFL and there are fewer white RBs. You might say he had his 2 chances but I don't think there was a fair evaluation process because this kid has all the talent in the world to make a roster.

Here's two videos of him. Note the 2nd one has some inappropriate language in the intro so if you are turned off by such a thing don't click on it or skip the beginning. It is the better video of the 2 nonetheless.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RTe8X1oCbBA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAl3dWh-pX4&feature=related

Also look out for Jerome Messam in the 08 draft or FA!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at his stats and even though he is 6th in rushing yards (Jarrett Payton is 5th) he has about half the amount of carries as the rest of them do. 90 something carries and he averages over 7.0 yards a carry. crazy
Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously he wasn't able to hack it once he played with real players. You can't say he didn't get a fair shot at showing off his talent, because you don't know that process.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Peterson comparison. He doesn't have THAT kind of speed.

Actually watching those highlights, he looks more like a Ryan Grant type player. Runs hard right at the contact, with quick feet and he's sneaky fast.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a poor man's Peterson. I'm not saying he's as close to as good as Peterson, but he's a backup/spot starter Peterson with his size and skills.

I'm pretty sure he hacked it well at the East West Shrine Game...5 carries for 41 yards to be exact. You're right though, he got his chances and he didn't make it, but I'd like to know why. Many others share the same feeling as I do.....he's Canadian and White and therefore there is no justification of keeping a player like that on the roster. I think one of the Seahawks and Redskins even had injuries at the position after he was signed but he still didn't make it....he definitely has/had the talent, but it could be that he doesn't understand American offensive terminology or something hidden that you don't notice on a highlight tape. I do have my doubts though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Shoot, if he's as good as you say he is I'd take him on the Chargers in a heartbeat. Sounds like the perfect replacement for Michael Turner.

After watching the videos it looks to me like the guy has great acceleration but doesn't have true breakaway speed. He falls into the more quick than fast category.

Last edited by defensiveback23 : 03-17-2008 at 08:01 PM.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching both videos, the thing that stood out the most to me is that the kid will bust his butt to get that extra yard almost every play. He goes all out on every clip in both videos.

Last edited by vidae : 03-17-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: wording
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you're lucky you put a lot of effort into this, my finger was on the "close thread" button....;)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I don't see the Peterson comparison. He doesn't have THAT kind of speed.

Actually watching those highlights, he looks more like a Ryan Grant type player. Runs hard right at the contact, with quick feet and he's sneaky fast.
Agreed. The Lumsden to Grant comparison is more accurate due to similar running styles and physical makeups. I've seen enough of this guy in the CIS and CFL to say he atleast deserves a shot on some team's practice roster.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Obviously he wasn't able to hack it once he played with real players. You can't say he didn't get a fair shot at showing off his talent, because you don't know that process.
Well, if you knew the story, Lumsden had stated that he never had a fair shot, and another back on Seattle agreed to the story. He was in for it from the beginning. They never gave him reps in practise, and he hardly got reps in individual drills.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He is a poor man's Peterson. I'm not saying he's as close to as good as Peterson, but he's a backup/spot starter Peterson with his size and skills.

I'm pretty sure he hacked it well at the East West Shrine Game...5 carries for 41 yards to be exact. You're right though, he got his chances and he didn't make it, but I'd like to know why. Many others share the same feeling as I do.....he's Canadian and White and therefore there is no justification of keeping a player like that on the roster. I think one of the Seahawks and Redskins even had injuries at the position after he was signed but he still didn't make it....he definitely has/had the talent, but it could be that he doesn't understand American offensive terminology or something hidden that you don't notice on a highlight tape. I do have my doubts though.
It was wit Washington, Clinton Portis separeted his shoulder, and I want to say that Rock Cartwright was injured too. This lead them to cut Lumsden and sign TJ Duckett. Yea, that worked out eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Agreed. The Lumsden to Grant comparison is more accurate due to similar running styles and physical makeups. I've seen enough of this guy in the CIS and CFL to say he atleast deserves a shot on some team's practice roster.
He absolutely ruined the CIS. Like, he took his pads off in some games after the 1st quarter. It was ridiculous. I think he averaged close to 200 yards a game.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Well, if you knew the story, Lumsden had stated that he never had a fair shot, and another back on Seattle agreed to the story. He was in for it from the beginning. They never gave him reps in practise, and he hardly got reps in individual drills.
Sad cuz he's one of the better Canadian talents we've seen in a while. I'm hoping a team like Buffalo could give him his shot as a third down/change of pace back to Lynch. Their styles would contrast well imo. O well probably will never happen.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

He looks as slow as Rudi Johnson...

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I too have seen him play at McMaster, he even went to the highschool just down the road from mine. But I don't agree with you that he is a poor man's Adrian Peterson, or even NFL worthy.

First off here's what I like about him; he's got good straight line speed and runs with straight line power. Decent blocking, good bulk. He has some of the things needed to be a quality NFL running back. But what I don't like about him is his lack of elusiveness, if you look at him run he has very little shiftyness - everything is always in a straight line. He can make big cuts in space, but he can't make shifty little cuts in traffic. What I'm getting at is that he has well below average agility for a prospective NFL running back and he almost runs in a robotic style. To me he looks more like an athletic TE when he runs with the football.

And if you're using his stats from Mac or the CFL then it's clearly biased. Your CFL field is much bigger and puts an emphasis on passing the football, allowing a RB relative success against the smallish defenses in Canadian Football. He takes advantage of his size against these smallish defenses and most of his big runs come from broken tackles. Now try to translate that running style into the NFL where you have a smaller field and bigger defenders, and suddenly Lumsden gets marginalized into just a one dimensional power back.

There's a reason why NFL Guru Mike Holmgren cut Jesse Lumsden, and no other team has picked him up.
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was definatley a front office reason of why he got cut. I heard his Dad one time on the radio saying that he was expected to make the team as the #3 guy and even C-Po said he'd definatley was going to make it and he talked to some coaches and they agreed. Then one day he was called into an office and was released with no explanation. I can't say how true this is and even if it is it doesn't proove everything. However, there is no doubt that he should be atleast on an NFL roster.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When i was watching the video for some reason i thought of Brian Leonard... At the end i saw the Peterson reference a bit. What i will say about him from what ive seen is that hes a hard nosed player that isnt afraid to block... Has great vision and doesnt shy away from contact and runs hard till the whistle... All i can say is i wouldnt mind seeing this guy compete for a spot on the packers roster or any roster for that matter, i want to see more players like him in the NFL
Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.
He didn't get a chance in Seattle because he was an injured white canadian.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god...caste football supporter ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously? people are posting quotes from his dad and things he's said that some nameless seattle player agreed with as if they're actual supporting evidence? jesus christ.

two nfl teams cut him and it's unacceptable that he just wasn't good enough? come on. that's pathetic.
I was just stating that if it was true it seems a little fishy. And you have to admit that alot of white running backs are shot down right away from being an actual RB (Brian Leonard) in the NFL. And only because they were white. No this guy is white and canadian which would seem to be even worse.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
1st of all......GO CANADIANS!

Also look out for Jerome Messam in the 08 draft or FA!
I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea after watching this guys film I can see why he's not in the nfl. He runs tall and has some of the choppiest short footwork ive seen.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he better than Kenton Keith? Thus far I'm not at all impressed with Keith, and his CFL highlight reel was just as impressive.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Man you're lucky you put a lot of effort into this, my finger was on the "close thread" button....;)
I know how things work here. When I have "idea" threads I can't just post one line and expect it to run through, especially not in the NFL forum. Thanks for reasoning with me though.

Quote:
It was wit Washington, Clinton Portis separeted his shoulder, and I want to say that Rock Cartwright was injured too. This lead them to cut Lumsden and sign TJ Duckett. Yea, that worked out eh?
Yeah I do remember that, but I also remember another time, maybe with Seattle, that the 3rd string back got injured in a pre-season game and I looked at my dad and we both knew he was gonna make it.....but he didn't. njx9 has a point but I don't believe Lumsden got a fair chance. I thought maybe a guy like Tom Dimitroff would give him another one but I guess not.

-To those who posted the criticisms of Lumsden's playing style, and those who remarked positively....I didn't quote any of you individually but overall I felt like mostly good points were made and it's good to see some critical thinking on highlight tapes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default yep...

Whoever brought out the Ryan Grant comparison is pretty bang on imo. As a Canadian I'd love to see Lumsden make it as having a Canadian playing at a skill position in the NFL would probably give football a big boost in Canada from a youth standpoint. It is already growing quite a bit, but getting a high profile Canadian would put it over the top.

I don't think Lumsden can be a guy who can carry the load in the NFL but I certainly think he can help carry it. He would be a great change of pace back for someone like [ironically] Clinton Portis or LT.

The thing I like the most about Lumsden is he DOES NOT want to play his entire career in the CFL. He wants to be in the NFL. Someone should give this guy a real shot....I don't think they would be disappointed.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote