Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?
Jerome Messam is not in the CFL. He's a draft prospect this year out of Div 3 after running into some trouble in college. He could be the next Brandon Jacobs and you'll see his name in some of the draft magazines that were published.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I was just stating that if it was true it seems a little fishy. And you have to admit that alot of white running backs are shot down right away from being an actual RB (Brian Leonard) in the NFL. And only because they were white. No this guy is white and canadian which would seem to be even worse.
Thats ridiculous some players have natural ability like speed and quickness and they don't make it to the nfl. Its what you do with it and how your are as a player on a football team, your vision as a runner and how you run also matters. Players get cut all the time, to either make room on the roster or to save money. If he was that good then some other team would have taken a shot at him or he could have went on PS and played his way up, like Willie Parker, Greg Lewis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAl3dWh-pX4&feature=related

He gets caught from behind, also looks like some of the guys are slower than him. He isn't great a breaking tackles or going through people also yeah he doesn;t have good balance. But he does have nice runs, and looks to be a good KR breaks arm tackles. The problem might be being 6'2 might be better suited for WR. He is running really up right, but when gets low running through the holes he can explode through those holes with those short choppy steps.

He could become a good KR, if he really wanted to play in the NFL why not try everything from PS to ST to 2 nd or 3rd string. Do what Joe Horn did, also why didn't he stay at Rutgers.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lumsden never went to Rutgers. He took his HS team (Nelson) to the highest possible bowl game (forget the name back then) and won MVP. Then he stayed at home and played for McMaster. His dad was a fullback in the CFL but he played QB for my current school.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well maybe he should have went to an American College might have helped him out to play in the NFL.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If anybody were to give him a true shot it would be a team like Green Bay that signs guys all the time that you never heard of. But as of right now, being in Canada is hurting him big time. He should go on a mission to try to make an NFL team in tryouts etc. I read on Yahoo that William Green has straightened out and is working out at the Boston College pro day to try to get noticed again this weekend. Lumsden should do something like that.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.
Ya, because that is exactly what I said right? Thanks for retelling me exactly what I said smart guy.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?
Yeah, Messam is just flat out stupid. He went to a juco in one of the Dakota's. I think it was in Whapeton, ND. Called North Dakota College of the Sciences, or something along those lines.

Anyways, he had his sidekick, named Jared Manchulenko, and everywhere one went, the other went too. But the thing is they were always trouble. So while he was there, I believe he was the top rated juco player after one year, and he ended up breaking several team rules while on the road, and just didnt comply with any of them. Thus leading to him getting kicked off the team.

He is a hell of a talent, and he is at NAIA Graceland right now. Doing quite well too. He declared for the draft, and I believe is taking part in a pro day somewhere, not sure where though.

I highly doubt that anyone takes a chance on him. In fact, I bet two of his friends who went to HS with him 100$ each that he doesnt get a try out. He needs to go to the CFL where he can show how good he really is, and that he has matured and can stay outta trouble. Too bad, because he was a great athlete. I remember a HS basektball game where he dunked and broke the entire net off the ceiling. Just to give you some sort of insight.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

alexschnarr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lumsden can't even carry the load in the CFL he is always hurt!

Sig by Mockalicious
alexschnarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Lumsden never went to Rutgers. He took his HS team (Nelson) to the highest possible bowl game (forget the name back then) and won MVP. Then he stayed at home and played for McMaster. His dad was a fullback in the CFL but he played QB for my current school.
He won a Metro Bowl while at Nelson, but it was the year where we had the Teachers Strike, and not every conference was able to play for a bowl. Most notably, Lorne Park (Mississauga). They went undefeated, and were screwed outta playing in a bowl game. Nelson never even played the CISSAA schools. I think they beat Central Tech in the finals.

Anyways, his next year, they lost to Notre Dame (Burlington), who went on to the Metro Bowl finals, only to lose to Lorne Park. P.S My dad coached at Lorne Park when they won ROPSSAA 5 t straight times, and won 2 Metro Bowls and a 1 Golden Horshoe Bowl. Great teams.

Yea, his dad is Neil Lumsden. I believe he is in the CFL hall of fame. Could be wrong, but he is a big name around the league.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Ya, because that is exactly what I said right? Thanks for retelling me exactly what I said smart guy.
I was just concurring with you Billingsley! The situation you explained certainly sounds fishy, is there a conspiracy going on?....NFL DON'T LIKE WHITE RUNNING BACKS!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

he got cut by the Redskins and the Seahawks why would he make it now?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look, I was certainly hoping Lumsden would have a great career in the NFL but he got cut by 2 teams and came to the CFL.
I consider Gibbs, the HC at Washington to be a pretty good assessor of talent and he cut Lumsden, nobody else picked him up, end of story.
He had his shots and didn't impress enough for any NFL team to want him.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe it was Moses who told me this guy ran a 4.4 at the combine. He is not slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit, the tapes of him look impressive but if he belongs in the NFL so badly then he'll just have to come down and make a team for himself.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here a name to look out for in a few years: Jamall Lee

He was the CIS rushing leader in his 3rd year. In 8 games he rushed for 1492 (186.5 ypg) on 192 attempts (7.77 ypc) and 12 TD's. He's listed at 6'1 215 but he's actually close to 6'2 225 (I know because he went to my HS and said that he tried to make himself seem more compact.) He runs in the 4.5-4.4 range. He carried his team, the Bishop Gaiters all season. Before this year Bishop's was one of the worst teams in CIS and they finished as one of the top 5-10 teams. Jamall is an absolute freak. He's going into his 4th year. If Lee continues this domination at the CIS level for the next to seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some looks from NFL teams.

http://cis.infinityprosports.com/200...player_id=3285

Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Look, I was certainly hoping Lumsden would have a great career in the NFL but he got cut by 2 teams and came to the CFL.
I consider Gibbs, the HC at Washington to be a pretty good assessor of talent and he cut Lumsden, nobody else picked him up, end of story.
He had his shots and didn't impress enough for any NFL team to want him.
Exactly. People can complain that he's being treated unfairly, but you have to understand that GM's and coaches want the best possible team they can get. If he was better than the other RB's on the roster, he would have made the team over them.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only reason the redskins cut him in the 2006 offseason was because we have,

RB

1. Clinton Portis
2. Ladell Betts
3. Rock Cartwright

Jesse was impressive in preseason games.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be fair to let him play one full season in the CFL first before we can start making all these assessments on whether or not he belongs in the NFL.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Lumsden was beat out by Nehemiah Broughton (7th rounder from Citadel) and TJ Duckett.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Here a name to look out for in a few years: Jamall Lee

He was the CIS rushing leader in his 3rd year. In 8 games he rushed for 1492 (186.5 ypg) on 192 attempts (7.77 ypc) and 12 TD's. He's listed at 6'1 215 but he's actually close to 6'2 225 (I know because he went to my HS and said that he tried to make himself seem more compact.) He runs in the 4.5-4.4 range. He carried his team, the Bishop Gaiters all season. Before this year Bishop's was one of the worst teams in CIS and they finished as one of the top 5-10 teams. Jamall is an absolute freak. He's going into his 4th year. If Lee continues this domination at the CIS level for the next to seasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some looks from NFL teams.

http://cis.infinityprosports.com/200...player_id=3285

I think I would still rather take Darryl Stephenson from Windsor over him. Stephenson I believe either broke, or is very close to breaking many of Lumsden's records. And yea, Jamal Lee is bigger than 6'1 215. When I went to Bishops in early february, I was tlking to him, and he damn near my size, and Im 6'3. He is a talent, seriously, but I like Stephenson. Big, fast, can cut and can pound the rock. I think he may got a shot as well in the NFL.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

Laurier is where its at in the CIS anyhow

Sig by Mockalicious
Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschnarr View Post
Laurier is where its at in the CIS anyhow
Not anymore. Western is coming back up with Greg Marshall, and same with Guelph. McMaster should be good, Ottawa is going to be solid. Queens is also a solid squad. The OUA should be pretty good next year.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

No i know, one of my best friends is captain of there defense though, so i gotta rep them, but I also think they are better than Guelph, and Western

Sig by Mockalicious

Last edited by alexschnarr : 03-18-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
He won a Metro Bowl while at Nelson, but it was the year where we had the Teachers Strike, and not every conference was able to play for a bowl. Most notably, Lorne Park (Mississauga). They went undefeated, and were screwed outta playing in a bowl game. Nelson never even played the CISSAA schools. I think they beat Central Tech in the finals.

Anyways, his next year, they lost to Notre Dame (Burlington), who went on to the Metro Bowl finals, only to lose to Lorne Park. P.S My dad coached at Lorne Park when they won ROPSSAA 5 t straight times, and won 2 Metro Bowls and a 1 Golden Horshoe Bowl. Great teams.

Yea, his dad is Neil Lumsden. I believe he is in the CFL hall of fame. Could be wrong, but he is a big name around the league.
Yeah Northern didn't even play a game that year....our coaches say that was our most talented and hard-working team ever and they got screwed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yeah Northern didn't even play a game that year....our coaches say that was our most talented and hard-working team ever and they got screwed.
My dad says the same thing for Lorne Park. I think that was a tainted year, and LP should have won. seeing as they ripped through everyone the year before, and even beat St. Mikes.