Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather not on Meriweather and Thomas. Regardless of how serious you think their character issues are, I don't think this is a team that can afford to take ANY risk on guys that have questions. We need more guys like VY and Ahmard Hall and less guys like Adam Jones and Albert Haynesworth.

And I also think we need to take a RB on day 1, unless we sign someone. I'd even package a 3rd and one of our extra 4ths to move up a little and grab Kenny Irons if he falls to the early 3rd. Or maybe just draft Lorenzo Booker

I'm also loving the talk of Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch both falling. I don't anticipate either one being available for us, but I would love it if either one were. Assuming neither do, I'd like to go:

1. Robert Meachem (or Dwayne Bowe, whichever is available)
2. Tim Crowder (one of my favorite players in this draft)
3. Kenny Irons (in a possible trade up, or stay put and take Booker)
4. Best CB available, I don't know who'd be left...Bennett? Jackson?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I'd rather not on Meriweather and Thomas. Regardless of how serious you think their character issues are, I don't think this is a team that can afford to take ANY risk on guys that have questions. We need more guys like VY and Ahmard Hall and less guys like Adam Jones and Albert Haynesworth.

And I also think we need to take a RB on day 1, unless we sign someone. I'd even package a 3rd and one of our extra 4ths to move up a little and grab Kenny Irons if he falls to the early 3rd. Or maybe just draft Lorenzo Booker

I'm also loving the talk of Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch both falling. I don't anticipate either one being available for us, but I would love it if either one were. Assuming neither do, I'd like to go:

I think that would be a good draft for us.

Personally, I have Bowe ranked slightly ahead of Meachem but not by much. Crowder would give us a run-stuffing DE that we desperately need--my only worry is that Crowder will be picked before our 2nd pick. I'd be happy if we got Crowder/C.Johnson/Abimiri with that 2nd pick (probably in that order of preference). Again, I'd be happy with either Irons or Booker, as I think both have running styles that would be nice compliments to LenDale.

In what round we pick CB in this draft is a real wild-card, IMO. I could see us picking a CB anywhere from rounds 2-5. The Nick Harper signing gives us some flexibility; and luckily, this draft is VERY deep at CB (with what looks like a number of potential starters to be found in rounds 3-5).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53

I'm with you on the first two picks. I want WR and DE to be addressed in the first two picks. But in the third round, I'd rather get a CB and then in the fourth address RB. I'd want to go:

1. Ted Ginn Jr./Robert Meachem/Dwayne Bowe(Assuming Anderson or Carriker aren't there)
2. Tim Crowder/Victor Abiamiri
3. Daymeion Hughes/Fred Bennett
4. Best RB available(Lorenzo Booker? Dwayne Wright? Chris Henry?)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
PacMan_32

Timed speed isnt everything....Dwayne Jarrett is a monster look at this

Old 03-31-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yeah, Jarrett has big arms. They won't do any good if the ball doesn't make it to him though. I'm very worried about his ability to separate in the NFL. I'm not opposed to dropping down and taking him (and definitely in the second if he falls to us there), but I don't like taking him at 19. I just don't see the value.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
Yeah, Jarrett has big arms. They won't do any good if the ball doesn't make it to him though. I'm very worried about his ability to separate in the NFL. I'm not opposed to dropping down and taking him (and definitely in the second if he falls to us there), but I don't like taking him at 19. I just don't see the value.
I agree, there's no question in my mind that he can play and possibly dominate vs. zone coverage and off man coverage. My question with Jarrett is whether or not he can separate vs. press man when he's got a CB on his hip pocket.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
dry99

It hasn't been said much, but what about Reggie Nelson? I could see him replacing Lamont Thompson.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, I love Nelson...I just get the impression from the comments Fisher has made that they like who they have at FS (and I'm hoping that means Calvin Lowry or Vince Fuller and NOT LaMiss Thompson). There was a rumor posted a while back that Calvin Lowry is gonna get the job. Not sure how reliable it is, but it's the only thing that's been out there.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
VYTitans

Personally I would like to see the draft go something like this;

1. Meachem (or maybe Bowe if Meachem's not available)
2. Crowder (but assuming he's not there Abiamiri would fit to)
3. Lorenzo Booker (Irons if he's avaiable but I have the feeling he will be gone)
4. Josh Wilson (Johnathon Wade or Fred Bennet would be alright as well, maybe even BAin from Hampton cause I think he's gonna be a very good corner)
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here are my pics if the Titans don't trade for Over-rated RB turner and if we sign free agent Corey Dillion for 1 or 2 season.

1. DE - Jarvis Moss - Florida( WR - Dwayne Bowe if Moss is gone. )
2. WR - Sydney Rice - S. Carolina{ DE - Quentin Moses if we go WR in rd. 1}
3. RB - Antonio Pittman - Ohio St.
4. CB - Terrell Brown - Texas{ He falls because of off the field issues. }
4. DT - Kareem Brown -Miami
HorusKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusKing View Post
Here are my pics if the Titans don't trade for Over-rated RB turner and if we sign free agent Corey Dillion for 1 or 2 season.

1. DE - Jarvis Moss - Florida( WR - Dwayne Bowe if Moss is gone. )
2. WR - Sydney Rice - S. Carolina{ DE - Quentin Moses if we go WR in rd. 1}
3. RB - Antonio Pittman - Ohio St.
4. CB - Terrell Brown - Texas{ He falls because of off the field issues. }
4. DT - Kareem Brown -Miami
I agree that the Titans need a DE; but I think both Jarvis Moss or Quentin Moses would be bad picks for us, as both are weak against the run (and I think we need a good run-stuffing DE, so we can correctly utilize LaBoy's skill-set on 3rd downs).

I like the Pittman pick IF we don't sign Dillon or get Turner. However, if we get Dillon or Turner, I think the RB need gets pushed back to late rounds.

If Terrell Brown's stock is dropping because of "off-the-field" issues, the Titans will probably avoid him like the plague. The last thing they need is another CB with "off-the-field" issues...
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would be the odds of us trading down with Atlanta?

I've been thinking about trading out of #19, maybe into the second round, but only if we get two 2nd round picks out of the deal. Atlants is the only team with more than one 2nd rounders. So, I did the math, and there's about a 100 point difference on the trade chart, and the Titans get the better deal. So maybe we throw in our 4th rounder this year, a pick next year, or even a player.

But anyway, say Atlanta misses out on Laron Landry. They pick up a DE instead, and it comes to our pick and Reggie Nelson is still on the board (Or any other situation takes place that would intrigue Atlanta into trading up: Okoye falling? They take Landry and Jamaal Anderson is still on the board? Whatever). Do you think it would be a good idea to trade down with them for their 2 second rounders for our 1st round pick and a 4th round pick/future pick/player?

To me, this would probably be the best option. Definitely more so than trading up for a player, but I think both aren't likely. So this is just a pipe dream, but still. Its nice to think. I'd rather have a draft that went:

1st Rounder: Traded
2nd Rounder(a): Sidney Rice
2nd Rounder(b): Charles Johnson
2nd Rounder(c): DeMarcus Tyler
3rd Rounder: Fred Bennett

Than lets say, as Scott has it currently:

1st Rounder: Robert Meachem
2nd Rounder: Eric Wright
3rd Rounder: Antonio Pittman

Anyway, even though its highly unlikely, its nice to come up with dream scenarios...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

By the way, I HATE Scott's new mock. Not because of who we are picking, because I actually LOVE all 3 players...but because of who is still on the board at our picks. He has:

1. Meachem - With Jamaal Anderson still on the board. TAKE ANDERSON!!!!
2. Wright - With Sidney Rice on the board. TAKE ANDERSON AND RICE!!!!
3. Pittman - Beautiful

Oh my god. I would soil myself if we drafted Anderson, Rice and Pittman. Holy crap. I would run outside and dance in the street.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
By the way, I HATE Scott's new mock. Not because of who we are picking, because I actually LOVE all 3 players...but because of who is still on the board at our picks. He has:

3. Pittman - Beautiful

Oh my god. I would soil myself if we drafted Anderson, Rice and Pittman. Holy crap. I would run outside and dance in the street.
I'd actually rather have Meachem & Wright than Anderson & Rice. Something tells me Anderson is going to bust.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I'd actually rather have Meachem & Wright than Anderson & Rice. Something tells me Anderson is going to bust.
Well I do love Meachem...he's my favorite player. Guess we just have a difference of opinion of Anderson. Alot of people are trashing him right now, but I've seen him play numerous times and I like the kid. He has all the tools to succeed, plus he actually has a motor, which is one of the most important things for a DL to have in my opinion.

I also love Wright, just very wary on taking another corner with character issues. I think we'll steer clear of players like that.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Well I do love Meachem...he's my favorite player. Guess we just have a difference of opinion of Anderson. Alot of people are trashing him right now, but I've seen him play numerous times and I like the kid. He has all the tools to succeed, plus he actually has a motor, which is one of the most important things for a DL to have in my opinion.

I also love Wright, just very wary on taking another corner with character issues. I think we'll steer clear of players like that.
Wright has character issues? I haven't heard that before.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, he got dismissed from USC after he was arrested on suspicion of rape. That's why he's playin for UNLV now, he transfered there. Don't think he was ever convicted, but they found something like 150 ecstasy pills in his apartment during the whole ordeal. Maybe he's past it, from the interviews I've seen it sounds like he is, but we've rolled the dice once, I think we may play it safe this time around.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, he got dismissed from USC after he was arrested on suspicion of rape. That's why he's playin for UNLV now, he transfered there. Don't think he was ever convicted, but they found something like 150 ecstasy pills in his apartment during the whole ordeal. Maybe he's past it, from the interviews I've seen it sounds like he is, but we've rolled the dice once, I think we may play it safe this time around.
Yeah, I don't feel like getting another arrest waiting to happen. Let's hope for Aaron Ross in the second then.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
These are my exact thoughts.

No way will the Titans take a CB with even a hint of character concerns in this year's draft...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It seems as if 1 out of every 5 players has "Character Concerns." A guy gets busted for jay walking, and he's suddenly a bad egg. I know there's a difference between alleged rape and some random minutia of a mistake, but still. I don't want character to be scrutinized just as much the player's abilities.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It seems as if 1 out of every 5 players has "Character Concerns." A guy gets busted for jay walking, and he's suddenly a bad egg. I know there's a difference between alleged rape and some random minutia of a mistake, but still. I don't want character to be scrutinized just as much the player's abilities.
I agree that alot of players have minor "character concerns."

However, being accused of rape and police finding 100+ of ecstasy pills in your apartment is more than a minor concern.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
However, being accused of rape and police finding 100+ of ecstasy pills in your apartment is more than a minor concern.
I know that. I just don't want it to get out of hand, and hurt the players with minor violations. I understand this is not the case with Eric Wright.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Forzy

So we all agree we will look at WR, DE, CB and RB most likely for the first 4 picks. What about the rest? I'm thinking S, OG/OT, DT, ILB/OLB and maybe a late round flyer on a QB or even K. We do have 9 picks right?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to add depth at LB, we are pretty thin there, also we have anuff safety on are roster, we could use a future Center in this draft. And draft the replacement for Olson at guard.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3. Pittman - Beautiful

Can we get a video of that????

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote