Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if it happens lol
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is pretty funny, but I now know what's gonna happen on draft day. I have seen the signs...

First off, I work part time at Sears. With that said, last night I had a dream. I went in to work in the morning to find out there we were holding the 2007 NFL Draft at our Sears store LOL. The commisioner wasn't there so the manager of our store was announcing the picks...only he was just writing them down on a piece of paper and handing them to team representatives (apparently I was the rep of the Titans, LenDale White was there too). Well, we flip flopped 1st round picks with San Diego and got Michael Turner. When the 30th pick came up, our manager wrote a name down and handed me the paper, I turned it over and it said.............................................. ....Sidney Rice. Then I woke up.

Went into work this morning (for real), and when I was about to leave on my lunch break, the phone rang, so I ran back to answer it, and on the caller ID it said...........Rice, Sidney. I swear to god. Only it was a woman. But the point still remains, lol.

So I got off work at about 3:00 and as I was driving home I turned on Sirius NFL Radio, and on the Afternoon Blitz they were just setting up an interview with an NFL Prospect. It was.........................Sidney Rice. And in the interview he mentioned meeting with Tennessee and Jeff Fisher.

So there you go. We are gonna draft him at #30 whether anyone likes it or not. That is all.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
This is pretty funny, but I now know what's gonna happen on draft day. I have seen the signs...

First off, I work part time at Sears. With that said, last night I had a dream. I went in to work in the morning to find out there we were holding the 2007 NFL Draft at our Sears store LOL. The commisioner wasn't there so the manager of our store was announcing the picks...only he was just writing them down on a piece of paper and handing them to team representatives (apparently I was the rep of the Titans, LenDale White was there too). Well, we flip flopped 1st round picks with San Diego and got Michael Turner. When the 30th pick came up, our manager wrote a name down and handed me the paper, I turned it over and it said.............................................. ....Sidney Rice. Then I woke up.

Went into work this morning (for real), and when I was about to leave on my lunch break, the phone rang, so I ran back to answer it, and on the caller ID it said...........Rice, Sidney. I swear to god. Only it was a woman. But the point still remains, lol.

So I got off work at about 3:00 and as I was driving home I turned on Sirius NFL Radio, and on the Afternoon Blitz they were just setting up an interview with an NFL Prospect. It was.........................Sidney Rice. And in the interview he mentioned meeting with Tennessee and Jeff Fisher.

So there you go. We are gonna draft him at #30 whether anyone likes it or not. That is all.
That was a pretty ramdom dream, but what the hell was Lendale white doing in the dream, he could had been the most ramdom part of the entire dream.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know. LenDale never did anything, he was just sitting next to me in a chair
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I don't know. LenDale never did anything, he was just sitting next to me in a chair
Can't be good for us this season.....

Last edited by smittyjs : 04-18-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

At least he wasn't eating a Big Mac or anything like that
Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a dream a while ago that had us taking Aaron Ross and LaMarr Woodley. We were gonna have Ross replace Hill, and use Woodley in a DE role and sometimes in a "rush-backer" type role.

But still, the Sidney Rice dream is freaky...except that we have practically no chance of getting Turner...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Just to add a little to that dream, that is actually what I want us to do.

Trade #19 and a 3rd to SD for Michael Turner and #30.

Draft the best available WR at #30, I would be fine with any (Ginn, Meach, Bowe, Jarrett, Rice)

In the 2nd, draft the best DE available (Charles Johnson, Abiamiri, Crowder, Woodley, Moses). If no good value, take the best CB or DT.

We also have two 4ths that we could package to move up to the beginning of the 4th/end of the 3rd if there's a player there that we like. If not, we could add some depth at OL (Loper had a lacerated spleen last year, not sure what his status is, could use some young depth on the interior also) and on the OL and CB depending on who we take in 2.

That's my opinion anyway
Old 04-19-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Speaking of LenDale White, I have some good news. I know some of you are worried about him frequenting McDonald's and Wendy's, but that is not so. I live in the Green Hills area of Nashville and my roommate saw him a couple of days ago at Smoothie King. Ha! Maybe LenDale White can be to Smoothie King what Jared is to Subway.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Forzy

Scott has us taking Ted Ginn in his latst mock, and after thinking about it for a while I have decided that's exactly who I want in the 1st Round. Ginn plus Young on the same offence = fun.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i agree forzy
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzy View Post
Scott has us taking Ted Ginn in his latst mock, and after thinking about it for a while I have decided that's exactly who I want in the 1st Round. Ginn plus Young on the same offence = fun.
I'd rather have Bowe or Meachem over Ginn.

IMO, Ginn could be a good #2 WR in the NFL; but he'll never be a team's primary receiving option. Bowe & Meachem (because of their blend of size, strength, speed, attitude, etc.) can become long-term #1 WR options. And I think that the special-teams boost that Ginn would provide is a bit overrated. Talented special-teamers and return men can be found in the mid-to-late rounds. In my opinion, in the first round, you can't afford to take a one-dimensional, inferior pass-catching WR (Ginn) just because he can catch kickoffs.

And again...I HATE the 2nd round pick of Eric Wright. He's got talent, but some MAJOR off-the-field problems (including rape accusations and possible drug connections). The last thing the Titans need is another talented but troubled CB. I'd much rather wait and draft Josh Wilson, Fred Bennett, Michael Coe, or Jonathan Wade later.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 04-23-2007 at 10:51 PM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me meachem all day =]
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I prefer Meachem and Bowe to Ginn too, but I'm really warming to the idea of Ginn. He gives our STs an instant boost, especially this year, when Pacman is gone. He also stretches the field. Even if you don't think he's the next Randy Moss (another thin WR), he could mimic Moss's ability to make an offense better. With the Vikings, Moss could just run a go route, and half the defense would head his way. That opens up holes. Ginn HAS to be respected out there. You just can't ignore him, and every time he touches the ball, he can get 20+yards.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Gotitansfreak10

i still like jarret i know he is slow, but he is a tall reciever and a good target for Vince. he speed didnt seem to be a problem when he caught 200 yards against notre dame last year. if we dont go reciever in first, how about johnnie lee higgins in the 3rd or 4th?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have a new scenario.

What if we draft DE or CB in the first round -- say, Jamaal Anderson, Jarvis Moss, or Chris Houston. Then, use our extra fourth round pick and maybe another late pick to move up into the top of the second round to take Dwayne Jarrett.

Here is what our first four rounds could look like (if we catch some luck):

1. Jamaal Anderson
2. Dwayne Jarrett
3. Kenny Irons
4. Jonathan Wade

If we could find a way to use our extra fourth rounder as well as our 5-7 rounders to accomplish this, I would be fine with the idea of only drafting four players. I know this is highly unlikely to happen, but I never would have thought we could have traded DOWN last year and landed LenDale White, who is going to be a one thousand yard rusher very soon.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

i dont think jonathan wade will be there in the fourth. some mock drafts ive seen even have him going in the end of the first round but i think its more likely he could be gone by the end of the second. But, if it somehow worked out like that or we could lorenzo booker instead of irons i would be pretty happy.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
e_miller81

I really don't want to take a RB in the first round except if its Adrian Petereson, I do not want M. Lynch. I would rather get WR or CB. I will be pissed if the titans pick up this RB
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scouts Inc. has out top needs listed as RB, WR, and CB... Stupid...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

It's possible we would take Lynch, but not likely. He really is a top notch talent, but I think he is a terrible interview (on Sirius he was, anyway). I don't know if that would affect the Titans decision. We definitely need to draft a RB, so if there is no value other than Lynch, I could see it happening.

However, I think it's far more likely that we will wait on RB until at least round three. Booker is a popular choice for us, if he lasts that long. I'm not sure he will...I see him going in the late second. Waiting until round 6 to get Ramonce Taylor would be nice, too.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
Here is what our first four rounds could look like (if we catch some luck):

1. Jamaal Anderson
2. Dwayne Jarrett
3. Kenny Irons
4. Jonathan Wade
I would love to have that draft, we would fill many needs with those players who i feel are all very talented. I really like Wade, he was a stud at UT, if he was there in the 4th which I doubt he will be, he would be the steal of the draft

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Titans Depth Chart for next year and what round they were taken.
This was done in the Forum mock Draft.
Me and Ewing did this as Co-Gm's.
Titans Depth Chart: OFFENSE
Players in Blue/ Drafted
Players in Green/ Trade or FA
QB: Vince Young, Kerry Collins, Jordan Palmer (7th)
RB: Lendale White, Ladell betts, Chris Brown
FB: Ahmard Hall
WR: Darrel Jackson, Courtney Roby, Justin Gage
WR: Robert Meachem (1st), Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams,
TE: Bo Scaife, Martrez Milner(5th), Ben Hartsock
OT: Michael Roos, Daniel loper
OG: Benji Olson, Dan Santucci (6th)
C:Kevin Mawae, Enoka Lucas (7th)
OG: Jacob Bell, Dan Santucci (6th)
OT:David Stewart, Daniel Loper

Titans Depth Chart: DEFENSE
DE: KVB, Antwan Odom
DT: Chuck Darby, Tony Brown
DT: Ryan McBean (3rd), Rein Long
DE: Ikaika Alama-Francis (2nd), Travis LaBoy
OLB:David Thornton,Terna Nande
ILB: Stephen Tulloch, Ryan Fowler, Cameron Jensen (6th)
OLB:Keith Bulluck, Juwan Simpson (6th), Ken Amato
CB: Nick Harper, Anthony Arline (5th), Eric King
CB: Reynaldo Hill,Courtland Finnegan, Marquice Cole (6th)
FS: Darren Sharper, Bryan Scott,Vincent Fuller
SS: Chris Hope, Calvin Lowry

Note:
Pacman Jones( one year Suspension)

Titans Depth Chart:SPECIAL TEAMS
K:Rob Bironas
P:Craig Hentrich
KR: Marquice Cole (6th), Courtney Roby
PR: Marquice Cole (6th), Courtney Roby
LS:Ken Amato

Players Released
Lamont Thompson
Andre Woolfolk
Jonathan Orr PS

Old 04-26-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Titans Depth Chart for next year and what round they were taken.
This was done in the Forum mock Draft.
Me and Ewing did this as Co-Gm's.
Titans Depth Chart: OFFENSE
Players in Blue/ Drafted
Players in Green/ Trade or FA
QB: Vince Young, Kerry Collins, Jordan Palmer (7th)
RB: Lendale White, Ladell betts, Chris Brown
FB: Ahmard Hall
WR: Darrel Jackson, Courtney Roby, Justin Gage
WR: Robert Meachem (1st), Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams,
TE: Bo Scaife, Martrez Milner(5th), Ben Hartsock
OT: Michael Roos, Daniel loper
OG: Benji Olson, Dan Santucci (6th)
C:Kevin Mawae, Enoka Lucas (7th)
OG: Jacob Bell, Dan Santucci (6th)
OT:David Stewart, Daniel Loper

Titans Depth Chart: DEFENSE
DE: KVB, Antwan Odom
DT: Chuck Darby, Tony Brown
DT: Ryan McBean (3rd), Rein Long
DE: Ikaika Alama-Francis (2nd), Travis LaBoy
OLB:David Thornton,Terna Nande
ILB: Stephen Tulloch, Ryan Fowler, Cameron Jensen (6th)
OLB:Keith Bulluck, Juwan Simpson (6th), Ken Amato
CB: Nick Harper, Anthony Arline (5th), Eric King
CB: Reynaldo Hill,Courtland Finnegan, Marquice Cole (6th)
FS: Darren Sharper, Bryan Scott,Vincent Fuller
SS: Chris Hope, Calvin Lowry

Note:
Pacman Jones( one year Suspension)

Titans Depth Chart:SPECIAL TEAMS
K:Rob Bironas
P:Craig Hentrich
KR: Marquice Cole (6th), Courtney Roby
PR: Marquice Cole (6th), Courtney Roby
LS:Ken Amato

Players Released
Lamont Thompson
Andre Woolfolk
Jonathan Orr PS
i like that alot
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

What happened to AH and Amano?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

One thing would scare me to death about that roster...the size of our DTs. Darby is 298, McBean is 286, Tony Brown is 280, and Rien Long is 300.

And we were 3rd to last in run defense before that.