Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-29-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
You left out our best wide receiver, Brandon Jones.
Whoops, I knew i forgot someone, I just wasn't sure, so we have seven WR's now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Not sure Joe filani was the best pick for us, i liked ben patrick. I do like the florida corner though he needs to bulk up some.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's our RB coach Sherman Smith on the Chris Henry pick:

Quote:
(on the significance of Chris Henry not doing anything special to prepare for the combine to boost his attributes)
When I went to work the guy out I knew that his personal workout was not equal to what you saw on film, so there has to be a reason why. As Jeff said, we did our homework, talking to the coaching staff there, talking to other people. As I related to the coaches, quite clearly, the kid had the ability; it was the system that kept him from being productive. As we worked him out you could see the power, the explosion, the quickness, and the hands. Man how come you’re not playing? So I talked to the strength coach and the strength coach laid it out real clear. He said this kid put up with a lot the past three years. He kept it together. He worked hard in practice. When he got an opportunity, he did the best he could, but it was a system in which he really had to endure some hardships.
(on how he feels about him in blitz pick-up in pass coverage, responding to Chris Henry saying that he feels like he could improve in that area)
Well you know it’s interesting that he feels like that’s something that he needs to work on. Maybe he is talking about a technique or a blitz pick-up responsibility. I talked to Chris and he was very knowledgeable about their pass protection scheme and who they had. Watching him in protection, he was physical, so he shows that he is a willing blocker. I think what he is talking about is that he just wants to be a perfectionist at everything he does. He is willing, tough, smart, knows who he has, so, I don’t think that is going to be a problem at all for him in pass protection.
(on how Chris Henry differs from LenDale White)
I think Chris is definitely faster. I think LenDale definitely has some speed and some quickness, but this guy is explosive also. It’s his physical attributes. I think we are just scratching the surface of what he can be. I know the one thing that really encouraged me about him is his attitude. He reminds me of Eddie George in his approach to the game, in his approach to how he does his work, his desire to be great and also the work ethic behind wanting to be great. He does it; he doesn’t just talk about it. So this is a kid that I just think has a great career ahead of him because he is going to do what it takes and putting the work in is important to him. So I think him and LenDale run styles are different in one sense, but in a lot of areas they are very similar. I think we’ll have a good one, two punch. Like Jeff said, with Quinton, we have some backs and with the guys up front we are going to get it done in the run game and we will protect our quarterback and we will be contributing in the passing game also.
(on how LenDale will react to drafting Chris Henry)
Like I said, he has to work at it. LenDale knows that, and this is a guy is not going to wait for him. Chris is coming in here as we talked about when I was down in Arizona, he is coming here to start. He is not coming to be a back up. So his mindset is that I’m coming to win the job, and that’s what he’s going to do. And it’s LenDale’s opportunity to win the job also and Quinton’s opportunity.
And if you go here, you can hear the audio of the interview with him. He sounds very impressive, but I'm still a little nervous about the pick.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/draft2007.php
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Here's our RB coach Sherman Smith on the Chris Henry pick:

And if you go here, you can hear the audio of the interview with him. He sounds very impressive, but I'm still a little nervous about the pick.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/draft2007.php
ive wanted this kid since i saw his combine and researched him, hes going to be dynamite
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Henry is also a very immature kid which is the last thing we need at this point. We just had to deal with Pacman's **** for two years and I really don't want to have to deal with his **** now. I hope the kid does well and doesn't have any attitude problems but if you honestly think we should have taken him with Steve Smith on the board then you're insane.

Same goes with Paul Williams. With Charles Johnson staring us right in the face there was no need to take a WR/CB tweener. This new GM sucks. End of story.
What makes you say this? Nice to have a little source or something to go with your attack on Henry. So far Fisher and co have gone out of their way to say he is a character guy.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I've never heard anything bad about Henry's character. He missed a class and got suspended for a game, but that's college football. It doesn't make him a bad guy.

I think Paul Williams will be highly motivated once he gets near Young. I would have preferred Johnson myself, because I really like him at DE, but maybe the coaches know something we don't.

Anyway, on day 2 we got fantastic value. Jacob Ford? Huzzah on that! We also picked up Smith, who is a steal that late, Harris, who fills a desperate need for depth at OG and C, and Davis, who can return punts. I really like how this draft turned out, even though I probably would not have drafted the same 2nd and 3rd rounders.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I havent been around in a couple of days I havent commented on our draft

I like the pick of Griffin, he will vastly improve the secondary and he gets Lamont off the field for good :) ... once the Pac attack is back we will have one of the top secondarys in the league

Not a fan of the second pick, picking an unproven back in the second round is not a good idea especially with a quality reciever in Steve Smith on the board and tim crowder who would of helped out the DL.

I hope Henry shows me something because right now im pretty pissed about that pick, he better not be just a workout warrior

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CHRIS HENRY WILL BE A 1600 YARD BACK IN 3 YEARS AND U CAN QUOTE ME

i have all the faith in the world in him

he is a steal of the draft, and i dont care who agrees with me
Old 05-02-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I like the pick of Mike Griffin. I would have rather seen another position addressed, but that's no knock on Griffin, cause I think he's a helluva player. I don't know about all this stuff that Fisher is talking about...playing him at nickel, corner, and safety. I say just stick him at safety and let him run and hit. We'd have a great safety tandem.

The Chris Henry pick I do not like. The classic boom/bust pick. If he works out, it could be a fantastic pick. If he doesn't, it will be laughed at for years. He hasn't shown that he can play on the football field, so for our sake, we better hope there were alot of other factors that played into that, and that it wasn't just because of his ability. I'll wait and see about this one, but I'm nervous about it.

Paul Williams...meh. Another pick on potential. If it works, great. But he's had problems staying healthy and staying consistent.

I do like the Leroy Harris pick. He might could be Mawae's eventual replacement.
I'm with you, but i liked most of are pick second days, and i liked both Offenseive linemen that we took. But Herny has potential, but i feel he would have been there in the third round, also since we didn't trade up for Rice or Jarrett, i felt there were no second round value WR to take(I'm not huge on steve smith, i see alot of Btradon jones in him). Paul Williams has alot of potential, he would have been a late 1st rounder, early second rounder if it wasn't for his bad injuries prone and play during his senior season. I see him also being a boom and bust type of player. Overall i like the draft, and the Titans must feel good about the DE's on the team right now, i don't know about that, but maybe they know something we don't.

I see us spreading the ball around this year, i expect to see ALOT of 3 and 4 WR set during the year, which will cut the need for a young WR to step up right away and be that #1 guy, but we will need to solve this problem within the next few seasons.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
I see us spreading the ball around this year, i expect to see ALOT of 3 and 4 WR set during the year, which will cut the need for a young WR to step up right away and be that #1 guy, but we will need to solve this problem within the next few seasons.
I still think we'll be a run-first team because I don't think Fisher can get away from the desire to be a pound-it-out type of offense.

As far as a potential #1 WR...can anybody say "Earl F. Bennett"???

Earl Bennett = Titans 2008 1st Round Pick
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post

Sounds good to me

I wish we could get Goff too :)

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I still think we'll be a run-first team because I don't think Fisher can get away from the desire to be a pound-it-out type of offense.

hell yeh..(10)