Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

View Poll Results: #2 pick?
Chris Long/DE (Virginia) 12 52.17%
Vernon Gholston/DE (Ohio State) 6 26.09%
Chris Long/OT (Michigan) 2 8.70%
Glenn Dorsey/DT (LSU) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up With The 2nd pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select...

Who you got with the #2 pick

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is there Chris Long

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I don't know if you can edit it, but the OT from Michigan is Jake Long.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
I don't know if you can edit it, but the OT from Michigan is Jake Long.
dam i feel stupid and no i can't edit it

Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's there, Chris Long. But I don't think he'll be there. If he's not, Vernon Gholston.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
If he's there, Chris Long. But I don't think he'll be there. If he's not, Vernon Gholston.
I would have to agree with that. IMO they basically have to take a DE at #2.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:13 AM    (permalink
NFLBUDDAH1

This is the Rams best chance in years. Last year Adam Carriker was a fantastic draft pick. Let's hope they can get it right twice in a row... I've been thinking about this for awhile and to me it boils down which Rams team would be best:

a): Rams with Carriker at Tackle, and Chris Long at end?
b): Rams with Carriker at End, and Glenn Dorsey at Tackle?
c): Rams with Carriker at Tackle, and Vernon Gholson at end?
(and keeping the O-line with Pace and a 2nd-round OT draft choice).

SO IN GENERAL IT'S....

d): Rams with a fantastic O-line (if they take Jake Long) but finishing around 20th against the run, and having about 6 sacks... OR:

e): Rams with an average/above average O-line, BUT stuffing the run COMPLETELY with Dorsey and Carriker... OR:

f): Rams with an average/above average O-line, BUT doing okay against the run AND striking fear into opposing QB's with a killer pass-rusher DE??

ANSWER: PICK A DE !!!! - (NOW WHICH ONE??)
If I was a defensive coordinator, which one would I rather NOT scheme against? "Mr.Relentless (Chris Long - the new Kevin Greene/Patrick Kearney) or "Mr.Rocket" (Vernon Gholstone - maybe the new Lawrence Taylor, a possible weekly QB leg breaker?? (see: 'Joe Theisman')

FINAL ANSWER: For me, Dorsey would be a fantastic pick for the Rams, they could team him with Carriker for years and FINALLY might be able to stop the run, but Carriker is doing a good job by himself and the FEAR of a true SPEED RUSHER coming off the edge would be great! That's how the Giants got to Brady in the Super Bowl...

PICK: VERNON GHOLSTON, DE, OHIO STATE....

Last edited by NFLBUDDAH1 : 03-21-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Vernon Gholston
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBUDDAH1 View Post
This is the Rams best chance in years. Last year Adam Carriker was a fantastic draft pick. Let's hope they can get it right twice in a row... I've been thinking about this for awhile and to me it boils down which Rams team would be best:
Darrelle Revis = Getting it right last year

No hindsight here.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
Darrelle Revis = Getting it right last year

No hindsight here.
It's hard to really argue against Carriker. Unless you draft someone that is a bust it's hard to be too upset about a pick. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I still don't know if I'd redo that pick for Revis. Carriker was very solid last year as a rookie. I am more than happy about that pick.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howie Long's Sperm.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on ESPN news Todd McShay talking about Glenn Dorsey and his pro day. He thinks he is definitely a top 5 pick and could go to the Rams at #2 who liked his work out. Do the Rams go Dorsey if Long DE is gone?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Do the Rams go Dorsey if Long DE is gone?
I hope not. I'd rather see the Rams take Jake Long or Vernon Gholston before Glenn Dorsey. The injury concerns just have me too nervous to feel great about using that high a pick and that much money on him. Plus, we already spent a first round pick on a guy who projects to UT on our line.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I am with you, I hope the Rams pass him right on to the Falcons or Raiders.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Hessel

Gholston had an awesome combine. The guy has a rare combination of speed and strength but is raw. Watch a replay of the Ohio St. VS Michigan game and see what he did to Jake Long. If you lost 13 games the past season, you need playmakers. My only fear with this pick would be how steep the learning curve is and how raw Gholston appears. The bust factor is high, but the reward could be huge. If your in the other teams backfield all game long, your secondary will look a lot better.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I see that Chad Johnson really wants out of Cincinnatti. I don't know what they are asking for him, if they are even showing a strong interest in trading him, but should the Rams even look into it or would Johnson be someone the Rams don't even think about.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Cinncy wants a 1st round pick and is looking to negotiate with ether Washington or Tennessee

Old 04-16-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I see that Chad Johnson really wants out of Cincinnatti. I don't know what they are asking for him, if they are even showing a strong interest in trading him, but should the Rams even look into it or would Johnson be someone the Rams don't even think about.
I'll pass, thanks.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Long won't be going to Miami, so 100% he will be the Rams pick unless they trade down.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Ummm, I think I'll pass on that. I'm sure the Rams will have enough headaches without looking for em.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

the more I think about the more I like the sound of Chris Long being our selection, Glenn Dorsey is a heck of a player and might be a better overall talent then Long but moving Carriker to DE will just slow down his progress and our Depth at DE is a lot weaker then at DT. Chris Long should be our pick because Miami will take Jake Long with the #1 overall pick

Old 04-18-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston.......I'm happy with either one of these guys.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston.......I'm happy with either one of these guys.
I pretty much feel the same way. The only way I will be p*ssed off about our first round pick is if they don't take one of those guys. Personally I have Chris Long at the top of my list for the Rams, but after that I am really torn about who to take. There parts of each player that I really like, but then there are some things that make me think, nah not him.

Jake Long
-Could be a top OT in the league for a very long time, and those are hard to find
-We already have Pace and Barron

Vernon Gholston
-Could become an elite pass rush DE
-Boom or bust, I don't like being scared about whether the guy will be an utter disaster

Glenn Dorsey
-Many have him graded as the best player in the draft
-Do we really need 5 DT's? Pass rush problem is not solved

Barring a random change of mind, which is quite possible, here is my order of preference for the Rams. I will also predict what that pick means to round 2-3.

1. Chris Long- It seems that at the very least he will be a good DE. The 2nd and 3rd round will most likely be a combo of OT and WR, with an outside chance of an OLB (I hear coaches like Culberson though)

2. Jake Long- Pace has suffered season ending injuries in 2 straight games, if he does prove to be healthy in the coming years then Barron might be able to move to OG (close to the ball, maybe less false starts). 2nd round will almost certainly be a DE unless a WR they love drops that far. 3rd round will be WR (I'd like Will Franklin in the 3rd, but Scott's new mock has Manningham going here which would be hard to argue)

3. Vernon Gholston- Potentially an elite DE in the NFL. Same story as Chris Long, 2nd and 3rd round will be a combo of OT and WR.

4. Glenn Dorsey- Quite possibly the best player, creates a formidable and deep interior line. I do not believe Carriker would be moved to DE, in fact I could see Wroten being given a shot at DE simply because of the depth at DT and lackthereof at DE. 2nd and 3rd round will be OT, DE, or WR.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Citing league sources, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Rams coach Scott Linehan "likes (DeSean) Jackson a lot."
There are rumblings that St. Louis might trade back into the latter half of the first round to take him. At 5'9/169, Jackson fits the profile of speedy light bodied receivers that new offensive coordinator Al Saunders is fond of.
Rotoworld.com

Did anyone see this? I think linehan is pretty stupid for this reason.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtfan92 View Post
Rotoworld.com

Did anyone see this? I think linehan is pretty stupid for this reason.
They like Jackson but I haven't read any rumors about them wanting to trade down into the 1st to get him. I do think if he is on the board in the 2nd round the Rams will snag him though.