Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.
Default Active Hall of Famers

We have now reached the point in the offseason where nothing substantial will happen until the draft. So, to liven the place up a bit, I ask you to name the active players you think will reach the HOF. Off the top of my head in no particular order.

QB
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

RB
Steven Jackson....I know he still has a long long ways to go
Ladainian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson....Again he must do a lot, and I worry about him getting too many carries
I would say AP, but he has only played one year and the injury concern is still there for me

WR
Torry Holt
Isaac Bruce
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Marvin Harrison

There are many others I feel have a decent shot, but there are issues like character (TO's #'s will be too amazing to deny him) and having to continue their success for years to come. These are guys I would put in this group in a rough order of what I think their chances of making it are:
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquon Boldin
Hines Ward......should probably make it because of his overall game, but stat sheets may hurt him
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson......an amazing talent, but his career could end up being wasted away with a terrible team if remains in Houston

OL
Jonathon Ogden
Walter Jones
Larry Allen

Again many others that could make it, like Orlando Pace (must return to a top level without injuries for a few years) and Samuel from Washington. I am probably leaving some guys off this on accident.

DL
Michael Strahan

LB
Ray Lewis
Brian Urlacher
Shawn Merriman

DB
Champ Bailey
Ed Reed

There are a lot guys here that have a shot but I am not as confident about. I'm even a little hesitant on Reed.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Johnson started too late he only has about 4-5 years left to put up hall of fame numbers

Edgerrin James should be on there

11607 Rushing Yards
3260 Receiving Yards
88 TD

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Larry Johnson started too late he only has about 4-5 years left to put up hall of fame numbers

Edgerrin James should be on there

11607 Rushing Yards
3260 Receiving Yards
88 TD
Yeah, I was thinking that LJ is a tad old too, I probably should have put him on the bubble.

I think Edgerrin James will be hurt because of his years in Arizona. What I mean by that is that those years are revealing that he is not nearly as good as what his stats in Indianapolis would indicate. Throughout his entire career in Indy he wasn't the guy the defense geared up to stop. That makes things a lot easier.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Larry Johnson is done. Herm rode the wheels off the bus, and LJ's never going to be the same.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think LJs too old. But i think ben roethlisberger i a future hall of famer.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres one for oline: reuben brown.

how many umpteen million pro bowls did he make? sure he was awful last year but he was ancient. i think he has a good shot
Old 03-20-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and why walter jones but not pace? if i had the option of either i their prime i would go with pace and i believe pace has a ring while jones does not. that certainly helps
Old 03-20-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Brooks, Ronde Barber?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
and why walter jones but not pace? if i had the option of either i their prime i would go with pace and i believe pace has a ring while jones does not. that certainly helps
In their primes I would definitely take Pace. I am a Rams fan so you don't have to convince me of that. But if he continues to get injured I don't know if he will make it. If he can play a few more years with minimal injuries then I definitely think he is in.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Yeah, I was thinking that LJ is a tad old too, I probably should have put him on the bubble.

I think Edgerrin James will be hurt because of his years in Arizona. What I mean by that is that those years are revealing that he is not nearly as good as what his stats in Indianapolis would indicate. Throughout his entire career in Indy he wasn't the guy the defense geared up to stop. That makes things a lot easier.
He has had back to back 1200 yard years behind one of the worst run blocking lines in the league, don't see that hurting him any

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Derek Brooks, Ronde Barber?
Definitely great players. They'd be near the top of the list of guys that have a decent shot but I'm unsure of.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

out of those two i would say brooks more than barber, but both should at least get their names on the ballot and jump in during a slow year.

speaking of former bucs, how bout john lynch? hes still busy making pro bowls and the occasional bone jarring tackle....i think he might have a real good shot
Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Faneca
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
LJ's never going to be the same.
I disagree but he won't be a HOF.

Gonzo will be.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Houston isn't a terrible team, they're up and coming. They just need a solid running game and a more playmaking defense and they'll be a very solid team.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant... mark it down!
Thats really looking into the future though

I cant think of too many packers that would have a chance. Maybe Hawk, Barnett or Kampman. Driver would be nice but he isnt talked about alot. More consistent than many WR's over the last few years, but i doubt any current packers make the HOF

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I disagree but he won't be a HOF.

Gonzo will be.
There's only one running back who ever came back from a 400+ carry season to have anything resembling sucess. He's the exception that proves the rule. It's not LJ.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 03-20-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

I totally forgot TE's. I would say Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are definitely in. There are some others with a chance, but those two are definitely the leaders.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's only one running back who ever came back from a 400+ carry season to have anything resembling sucess. He's the exception that proves the rule. It's not LJ.
LT Has started 111 games and has had 2,365 carries.

LJ Has started 36 games and has had 1,050 carries.

But LJ is done?

I will be the first to say he won't go to the HOF or be as good as LT but saying he is done after 36 games is a little much.

Last edited by Splat : 03-20-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Merriman? you must be joking

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows about Tony Romo?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
hows about Tony Romo?
Slow down.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
LT Has started 111 games and has had 2,365 carries.

LJ Has started 36 games and has had 1,050 carries.

But LJ is done?

I will be the first to say he won't go to the HOF or be as good as LT but saying he is done after 36 games is a little much.
It's not a matter of games played, or even total carries. It's a matter of carries in a season. Only Eric Dickerson has ever been succesful after a 400 carry season. Jamaal Anderson, a 5'11" 237 lb back, at age 26, carried the ball 410 times, he had started 27 games up until that point. He rushed for 1800 yards and 14 TDs. Afterwards, this was his stat line.

Y+1 19 carries, 51 yards, 0 TDs, injury after two games.
Y+2 282 carries, 1024 yards, 6 TDs
Y+3 55 carries, 190 yards, 1 TD, injury after three games.
Y+4 out of the league.

In reality, most backs struggle to remain productive after a 370+ carry season. 400 is a straight up backbreaker.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawne Merriman?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
In reality, most backs struggle to remain productive after a 370+ carry season. 400 is a straight up backbreaker.
Jamal Lewis has had 3 seasons over 1000 yards after his 2003 season when he had 387 att's and in 2005 he was just 90 yards short of doing it a 4th time. LJ might not have another 1500-1700 yard season in him but I could very well see a few more Jamal Lewis kinda years left in him.

Last edited by Splat : 03-20-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote