Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Willie Anderson has a chance, he was the best right tackle in the league for a long time. Only a 4 time pro bowler, but would have had a lot more had the Bengals not been horrible for the first 7 years of his career.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Witten should get there one day...greatest TE in team history.

Junior Seau
Adam Vinatieri

Are some other obvious choices.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-21-2008 at 10:31 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Sorry man, but Larry Allen is shoe in first ballot. Any reasoning on why he wouldn't be?
ya i dont know why i didnt highlight him...My mistake

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I doubt Holt makes it unless he sticks around and produces as long as Isaac Bruce did. It's hard to make it as a receiver, freakin' Cris Carter is gonna be a 2nd ballot HOFer even, and Art Monk got in after like 10 years of retirement at least. The Hall is stingy about which WRs they take, and they're gonna get even stingier b/c nowadays WRs stats are totally bloated due to rule changes and the development of the passing game in football recently. Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison are probably gonna go, and TO beileve it or not has a real good shot too.

Of other positions I think Jason Taylor and Orlando Pace should go but I'm not sure if they will or not.
Look at Holt's numbers. They are not far from Monk and Carter and he has been amazingly consistenct since he came into the league. He's got two rings and still a lot of gas left in the tank. He has missed exactly two games in his entire career, so don't expect him to stop putting up big numbers. He's one or two seasons away from being in Marvin Harrisons' shoes and this is without a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Holt has a two more solid years and I think he is a lock to get in.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning!!! Mark it down!

And just to say it before scottyboy:

Brian Leonard.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Off the top of my head in no particular order.

Steven Jackson
I just dont see that happening.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Give me a break. There is such a small sample to choose from that saying only one came back successfully means jack squat.

What about players who had 360 or 370 carries during the regular season and went on to play 2 or 3 playoff games that put them over 400 carries for the season? Nobody ever talks about them yet there are a good number of runningbacks who fall under that category. I looked it up once but I am too lazy to do it again. Emmitt Smith was one of them though and I believe he had 2 or 3 seasons with 400+ carries counting the playoffs, most of them being early in his career. He also had a couple more seasons in the 380 or 390 range that really were not much of a difference. He was just fine.
I think the number of carries through the playoffs has less impact on the body because they're spaced out over a greater time frame. But I'm less lazy than you. So let's look it up. Here are all the running backs with 370 or fewer carries in the regular season, and 390 or more through the playoffs.

Terrell Davis in 1997: 369 carries regular season, 481 carries through playoffs. had a great season in 98, but that season's 392 regular season carries ended his career for all intents an purposes.

Shaun Alexander in 2005: 370 carries regular season, 430 carries through playoffs. Went from NFL MVP to shadow of himself.

Eddie George in 1999: 320 carries regular season, 428 through the playoffs. Dropped from 4.1 ypc to 3.7 ypc the next season, and then his 403 carry regular season, was never a good starter again.

Thurman Thomas in 1993: 355 carries Regular season, 418 carries through playoffs. Hung around for a while after that, but never broke 1,000 yards and 4.0 ypc in the same season again. Went from averaging 70 ypg, to 55 ypg.

Joe Morris in 1986: 341 carries regular season, 414 through playoffs. Went from 4.4 ypc to 3.4 ypc. Out of the league by 1989.

Jamal Lewis in 2000: 309 carries regular season, 412 carries through playoffs. Tore his ACL next season.

Corey Dillon in 2004: 345 carries regular season, 410 carries through playoffs. Went from 4.2 ypc to 3.5 ypc, missed 4 games due to injury. Out of league by 07.

Ahman Green in 2003: 355 carries regular season, 403 through playoffs. Went from 5.3 ypc, to 4.5 in 04, then 3.3 in 05 with 11 games missed due to injury.

Earl Campbell in 1979: 368 carries regular season, 401 through playoffs. Played well in 1980, but the 373 regular season carries that year broke him.

Natrone Means in 1994: 343 carries regular season, 400 carries through playoffs. missed 6 games due to injury next season, never played a full season again. Out of the league at age 28.

Dorsey Levens in 1997: 329 carries regular season, 400 through playoffs. Played 7 games next season, didn't break 4.0 ypc until 2002 as a backup.

Curt Warner in 1983: 335 carries regular season, 395 carries through playoffs. Missed entire 1984 season after he blew out his knee.

Emmitt Smith in 1994: 368 carries regular season, 395 through playoffs. Had his best season in 1995, where the 377 regular season carries caused him to go from 4.7 ypc to 3.7 ypc in 1996.

Curtis Martin in 1998 had 369 carries through the regular season, and 418 through the playoffs. Emmitt Smith in 1991 had 365 carries in the regular season, and 406 through the playoffs. Neither back suffered a significant decline in the next two years.

15 seasons, 10 of them declined the next season, 13 of them had declined by the second season. Ok, Playoff carries seem to matter too. But it still doesn't paint a favorable picture for LJ.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucpimpin View Post
It seems many think it is the Hall of very Good.
Well it's nice that you said no to all the WR's that I also said needed to do more to get in. Of course Anquon Boldin isn't in the HOF based on what he has done so far, but to say he doesn't have a shot at all is rather idiotic. That's why I added that secondary list of WR's that have a shot but must do a lot more down the road.

As for S-Jax and Merriman I know it is far far too early for them to be in the HOF based on what they have done thus far. I simply picked them because out of the young great players in the league they are towards the top of the list of guys who have the ability to continue to produce at a high level for years to come.

If you wanted to be a real stickler on this then you could basically only name players that are around 32 or older (besides Brady and LT), because they could suffer career ending injuries or fall of the face of the earth and not make the HOF because of it. But I think it is fairly safe to predict a reasonable level production from guys like Holt and Urlacher the remainder of their careers, thus putting them in the HOF.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Look at Holt's numbers. They are not far from Monk and Carter and he has been amazingly consistenct since he came into the league. He's got two rings and still a lot of gas left in the tank. He has missed exactly two games in his entire career, so don't expect him to stop putting up big numbers. He's one or two seasons away from being in Marvin Harrisons' shoes and this is without a HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Holt has a two more solid years and I think he is a lock to get in.
Thank you. I get rather tired of people saying Holt is on the bubble or won't make the HOF. I think people just spout off about him without realizing how great his numbers are.

Average Season:
89.4 catches
1328 yards
7.9 TD's

Take out his rookie season and it looks like this.
94.1 catches
1384.5 yards
8.1 TD's

What about those stats doesn't scream HOF. Those are averages, not career highs, averages.

Harrison's Average Season (taking out last year even):
92.9 catches
1245 yards
11.1 TD's

He also has never had a 1000 yard season without Manning (2 years) and didn't get 1000 yards in Manning's rookie year either. In fact he didn't even get 900 in any of those 3 years.

Holt on the other hand has put up these numbers with Warner, Green, Bulger, Chandler, Frerotte, and Fitzpatrick playing significant time (4 games or more). So really one could argue that Holt is better than Harrison, based on his consistency no matter who is around him. So basically, stop questioning whether Holt will make it, that's like questioning Emmitt Smith.......ridiculous.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Taylor. He has one more great season in him and a couple solid ones after that, and he'll definitely break 12,000 yards.

He'll get in if for no other reason then that he's the first Jaguar who has something like a Hall of Fame career, and so the first one in the Hall of Fame (Sorry, Jimmy. Maybe if you'd hung around a little longer).
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did turtlepower really beat me to it? Oh my goodness, i feel like such a failure as a homer. I feel so empty, worthless. Like turtlepower just forcibly took my innocence and pride...

BRIAN LEONARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Bob Sanders stays healthy for the most part and remains a Colt(meaning that he will stay on a winning team), that he has a good shot at making it. He could very well earn Defensive MVP again and be right there with Ed Reed for 2 MVP awards.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Westbrook, and im a giants fan saying it

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone else think Orlando Pace will make it? I saw Keylime and maybe 1 other mention him but that's it. I think being a great left tackle for a long stretch in the offense they ran he was as important as any "skill player".

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin View Post
I was trying to think of more DL who have a chance but none really come to mind, any thoughts...struggling on this
Warren Sapp, Bryan Young, Jason Taylor, Simeon Rice, and some others. Some young players as well, but we will not know for sure for a few years.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Well it's nice that you said no to all the WR's that I also said needed to do more to get in. Of course Anquon Boldin isn't in the HOF based on what he has done so far, but to say he doesn't have a shot at all is rather idiotic. That's why I added that secondary list of WR's that have a shot but must do a lot more down the road.

It's Anquan Boldin, not sure why everyone in this thread is spelling it weird, and based on what he has done so far he is the fastest WR ever to 100, 200, 300 & 400 receptions and is well on his way to be being the fastest to 500 he could end up some where are Cris Carter's numbers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DeAngelo Hall has as good a chance as any cornerback under 25.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I hope they voters don't go for some of these "good" backs and WR's and vote them in instead of really making it for the "elite".
Guys like Fred Taylor, Isaac Bruce, Jamal Lewis, possibly Edgerrin James(depends on how he ends his career), Plaxico Burress if he gets up.
A lot of these guys are really good players, but, they are not the elites that should be HoFers.
Talking about Zach Thomas, Randy Gradishar was way better than him.
As for Safeties, Darren Woodson and Steve Atwater should both be in before Lynch, but that probably won't happen.

And people here are making a big deal about 1,000 yards rushing. Now a days, that seems to be nothing. 16 RB's rushed for 1,000+ yards last year. Heck, a couple years ago I think that number was in the mid 20's.
Personally, the only RB that I would consider a HoFer that is still active, is LT because he screams "Elite" and most of the time, come up with some way to make a killer play in a game. Adrian Peterson sort of showed that, but no way will I say HoFer about a guy in his 2nd year.
And Edgerrin James, heck, I think he gets in, but I will say I don't think he really deserves it as much. The Colts kinda showed that he wasn't hugely responsible for the wins, and they won a championship after letting him go.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
I think if Bob Sanders stays healthy for the most part and remains a Colt(meaning that he will stay on a winning team), that he has a good shot at making it. He could very well earn Defensive MVP again and be right there with Ed Reed for 2 MVP awards.
no way.

nope. nada. just because there's no one to really root for on the colts defense doesn't mean he's HOF worthy.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
no way.

nope. nada. just because there's no one to really root for on the colts defense doesn't mean he's HOF worthy.
What are you talkin about? Sanders is arguably the best safety along with Reed and if he wins another Defensive MVP which is very possible since he is only 26, he will be in a class of his own with Reed atop the NFL safties. This defense has plenty to root for, since it is the FASTEST D IN THE LEAGUE!

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
What are you talkin about? Sanders is arguably the best safety along with Reed and if he wins another Defensive MVP which is very possible since he is only 26, he will be in a class of his own with Reed atop the NFL safties. This defense has plenty to root for, since it is the FASTEST D IN THE LEAGUE!
you're a nerb.

you can still be the best safety in the league and not a HOFer.

ed reed isn't the best safety in the league either. but that's neither here nor there. ed reed IMO has a scant chance of making the HOF one day, even though he was a dominant force at safety. again, repeating, it's not the hall of very good. it's the hall of g*d damn fame.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Personally I hope they voters don't go for some of these "good" backs and WR's and vote them in instead of really making it for the "elite".
Guys like Fred Taylor, Isaac Bruce, Jamal Lewis, possibly Edgerrin James(depends on how he ends his career), Plaxico Burress if he gets up.
A lot of these guys are really good players, but, they are not the elites that should be HoFers.
Talking about Zach Thomas, Randy Gradishar was way better than him.
As for Safeties, Darren Woodson and Steve Atwater should both be in before Lynch, but that probably won't happen.

And people here are making a big deal about 1,000 yards rushing. Now a days, that seems to be nothing. 16 RB's rushed for 1,000+ yards last year. Heck, a couple years ago I think that number was in the mid 20's.
Personally, the only RB that I would consider a HoFer that is still active, is LT because he screams "Elite" and most of the time, come up with some way to make a killer play in a game. Adrian Peterson sort of showed that, but no way will I say HoFer about a guy in his 2nd year.
And Edgerrin James, heck, I think he gets in, but I will say I don't think he really deserves it as much. The Colts kinda showed that he wasn't hugely responsible for the wins, and they won a championship after letting him go.
As much as I hate the Broncos you're right Atwater was a great player, so was Louie Wright. Its criminal that DBs get totally screwed while NYers like Harry Carson, and probably Curtis Martin, and stat king bum WRs Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, Art Monk and QBs Warren Moon. Get in no problem. I think both the Woodson's. Darren and Rod should be in, of course if Darren had played for say Seattle, instead of Dallas he would struggle in this ultimate popularity contest.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWoods33 View Post
As much as I hate the Broncos you're right Atwater was a great player, so was Louie Wright. Its criminal that DBs get totally screwed while NYers like Harry Carson, and probably Curtis Martin, and stat king bum WRs Steve Largent, Charlie Joiner, Art Monk and QBs Warren Moon. Get in no problem. I think both the Woodson's. Darren and Rod should be in, of course if Darren had played for say Seattle, instead of Dallas he would struggle in this ultimate popularity contest.
I wouldn't say Harry Carson got in no problem. He waited a long long time. And hopefully Curtis Martin has to wait. He shouldn't get in right away. It really has nothing to do with playing in NY. Rod Woodson will be in first ballot, I don't think you have to worry about that. He just isn't eligible yet.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elvis Dummervill and Amobi Okoye. Elvis could end up being a top 10 guy in sacks by the end of his career. Amobi is going to spend 10 years in the league before he's 30 ... so he could realistically play for the next 15 years I'm sure he is going to put up HOF numbers in 15 years as a DT.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Elvis Dummervill and Amobi Okoye. Elvis could end up being a top 10 guy in sacks by the end of his career. Amobi is going to spend 10 years in the league before he's 30 ... so he could realistically play for the next 15 years I'm sure he is going to put up HOF numbers in 15 years as a DT.
Wow your really reaching there.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote