Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The acquisition of Pacman would solidify Dallas with arguably a top 5 secondary. If only Roy was any good.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...00000000000000

ESPN, or more specifically, Ed Warder's take on the whole thing.

Last edited by Burns336 : 03-21-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise that the Patriots are interested. They know how to win.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

All this Pacman love makes me sick. If I ever saw him again I'd be tempted to deck his ass for setting our franchise back just because he enjoys being a wicked douche. I'd definitely deck Floyd Reese for drafting him as well.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
All this Pacman love makes me sick. If I ever saw him again I'd be tempted to deck his ass for setting our franchise back just because he enjoys being a wicked douche. I'd definitely deck Floyd Reese for drafting him as well.
I take it you bought one of these and now can't return it?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman really doesn't deserve this much publicity. People do have to find it interesting that the two most despised teams in the NFL are courting Pacman.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I take it you bought one of these and now can't return it?

Negative. I've never been a Pacman fan. I wanted Antrel Rolle. I've never been and never will be a Punkman supporter.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Who could hate the inspiration behind this game???? Now really...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...=snibbe/070302
Old 03-21-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:

A guy who's team could've had Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, or Derrick Johnson instead.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
A guy who's team could've had Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, or Derrick Johnson instead.
I need to thank the Titans for that.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's awesome. He's "makin' it rain" on Ms. Pacman at the end. Perfect.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I don't know, it has been fairly obvious to me which ever team trades for him will end up getting a reformed Adam Jones who turns out to be a multi pro bowl shut down CB with elite PR skills. Seems about right - Titans put up with all his BS and he flourishes elsewhere.
Reformed? I doubt it. Guys that usually get in as much trouble as Pac Man does, usually keep getting in trouble. Tennessee did the right thing by getting rid of him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with this year have deep players in the position of needs for the Titians, this should be the year to let him go.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3305060 This lists the Lions as a possibility. Oh man, can you imagine the **** Pacman would get into in Detroit
Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Reformed? I doubt it. Guys that usually get in as much trouble as Pac Man does, usually keep getting in trouble. Tennessee did the right thing by getting rid of him.
It hasn't happened yet.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It hasn't happened yet.
Excuse me. They'd be doing the right thing by getting rid of him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:45 AM    (permalink
SweatThePipe
Rookie

SweatThePipe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey D Unit, would you please quit posting so much!?

I am frustrated beyond belief!
SweatThePipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Millen said they will not make a bid for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we're not watching a re-run here, considering the last time a championship-caliber head coach left the Cowboys and Jerruh was left in charge to his own devices. The product on the field worsened while the issues and incidents off the field increased. Maybe next year they can sign Chris Henry of the Bengals, he's so talented.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Millen said they will not make a bid for him.
mainly because if he would Marinelli would assist the countless Lions fans in lynching him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan's Agent
"We want to go to an established team with good infrastructure and leadership," Arora told Werder. "Both the Cowboys and Patriots have veteran coaches who have been through these kinds of things before, good player liaisons and mentoring, and if you have those things and a winning program, then I think all these problems go away."

"All of Adam's issues have been offseason issues, not team issues."
Lol! As if it's the Titans fault that PacMan is a dumbass? Please, the only reason PacMan is with the Titans is because of Jeff Fisher giving him grace and chances. As for players leadership and such, well, it's a good thing we don't have the NFL Player's Association's Player's President in Kevin Mawae on our team and countless other vets from proven, winning teams on our roster, or else that'd just seem foolish.

Oh, and as for only having "off-season" issues, that's not true. He didn't play a game during the regular season last year. That in itself is an issue. And before that, he's had conflict with players, most notably being Albert Haynesworth and Keith Bulluck. The players on the team only like him when he's a contributing member of the team. They could care less about him when he becomes the pimple on society's butt. They're just disciplined enough to refrain from saying, "I hate PacMan Jones," to the evening news or ESPN. Oh, and all of that doesn't include argument with coaches and officials. And lets not forget when he decked Kellen Winslow Jr. during a game in college...yeah, totally no evidence of on-feild issues.

Give me a break. The team that trades for PacMan gets a good player...for one season. And I think that's generous. He hasn't played for a year, and if he's as careless with his future by having so many run ins with the law, I wonder how good of shape he's in. And like his law problems, I bet he thinks he'll just use his natural talent to save his sorry tail. But, just incase he can be a contributing member to the team, it'll only be until he's acquainted himself with the local club scene and strip clubs. The dude f***ing' went to a strip club before his meeting with Roger Goodell! Does anyone in their right mind think he'll go to another location and suddenly change the behavior he's displayed time and time again over the past 3 years? Especially when he now knows that another team will just gamble on him like the Cowboys did?

The only thing better than actually tricking some greedy team into trading for PacMan is having him re-instated by Goodell only to be suspended for an extended length of time by Fisher.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only Big D Pacman will be getting will be in prison.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Based off talent alone, I'm not sure there is a better cb in the draft. Pacman gives us that fast twitch compact corner that can keep up with the Wes Welkers, Steve Smiths and Santana Moss' of the world. We've had trouble keeping smaller receivers in check and with Pacman, we'd have that guy.
but you can easily draft a CB, and move Newman in the slot against those type of WRs against 3 WR sets. thats almost as effective with half the drama.

granted, Pacman is an amazing talent and can be a potential steal, but the media circus that will come with him can hinder a team's focus. look at TO, his first year in Dallas was a circus, Pacman will bring the same drama with him.

theres also a saying, too many chiefs, not enough indians. The Cowboys would be flirting dangerously with that saying if they make this move. if you play with fire long enough, you'll eventually get burned.

i don't think this move needs to be done, considering youre almost there as is, and with a solid draft and drafting a CB, you can address the biggest problem on your team with none of the drama.

And yes, I realize that Henry is getting up in age and Newman's contract is up soon, so having 2 CBs is great leverage, but you don't need to worry about that so soon. Even if you wanted, you can draft 2 CBs either with both 1sts, or 1 1st and a 2nd.

Its an awfully risky move. If I were the Cowboys, Id stay away, but if it does work out and you do make this move, then you can say Jerry has gorilla sized balls, bc this move is ballsy.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see what the big risk is. If Pacman doesn't get reinstated or gets into trouble again and suspended all the Cowboys lose is a 2nd day draft choice. Given his talent and the fact that he proven he can play at a very high level its not a bad investment. You could draft a 1st round corner, but its maybe 50/50 he'll be a bust, even if he is a good one he won't be at pacmans level and he won't be at his best for atlaset a season.

Pacman is a thug and a big liability to get suspended again, but he's not a cancer. He's not going to tear the team apart and the Cowboys won't get bogged down cause of the media attention. They got TO who was actually a locker room problem and things were fine. Their used to getting alot of scrutiny and attention already.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboys would be scary, i dont think pacman will learn his lesson though...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote