Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
I don't see what the big risk is. If Pacman doesn't get reinstated or gets into trouble again and suspended all the Cowboys lose is a 2nd day draft choice. Given his talent and the fact that he proven he can play at a very high level its not a bad investment. You could draft a 1st round corner, but its maybe 50/50 he'll be a bust, even if he is a good one he won't be at pacmans level and he won't be at his best for atlaset a season.

Pacman is a thug and a big liability to get suspended again, but he's not a cancer. He's not going to tear the team apart and the Cowboys won't get bogged down cause of the media attention. They got TO who was actually a locker room problem and things were fine. Their used to getting alot of scrutiny and attention already.
See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
but you can easily draft a CB, and move Newman in the slot against those type of WRs against 3 WR sets. thats almost as effective with half the drama.

granted, Pacman is an amazing talent and can be a potential steal, but the media circus that will come with him can hinder a team's focus. look at TO, his first year in Dallas was a circus, Pacman will bring the same drama with him.

theres also a saying, too many chiefs, not enough indians. The Cowboys would be flirting dangerously with that saying if they make this move. if you play with fire long enough, you'll eventually get burned.

i don't think this move needs to be done, considering youre almost there as is, and with a solid draft and drafting a CB, you can address the biggest problem on your team with none of the drama.

And yes, I realize that Henry is getting up in age and Newman's contract is up soon, so having 2 CBs is great leverage, but you don't need to worry about that so soon. Even if you wanted, you can draft 2 CBs either with both 1sts, or 1 1st and a 2nd.

Its an awfully risky move. If I were the Cowboys, Id stay away, but if it does work out and you do make this move, then you can say Jerry has gorilla sized balls, bc this move is ballsy.
Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
See TitanHope's post above. He is a problem in the lockerroom.
I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).

Last edited by OzTitan : 03-24-2008 at 01:47 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I don't know about that. That AH and KB stuff was after they both put their 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie contract holdout, which IMO they had no business doing. Bulluck was mature enough to back down and put it behind him and move on becoming almost a big brother figure for Adam, Albert apparently wasn't mature enough and clearly doesn't like Adam.

I don't agree he is a lockroom concern. The problem in 05 was Fisher created a division because he gave preferable treatment to Jones - a lot of other players on the team would have been disciplined where Jones wasn't. It was a problem for the Titans in general before Jones came too - Fisher had fallen into a rut of minimal competition for starting roles and clear biases for some players (*cough* Peter Sirmon *cough*). It's amazing how many Titans veterans went from being a starter one season, to not even an NFL player the next (and it wasn't due to voluntary retirement) when Fisher finally started cleaning up his act and introduced real starter competitions.

Now, that basically means Jones' off-field antics can be a lockerroom issue, yes, but Fisher was partly to blame and at this point in his career, any more such antics and he won't be part of a lockerroom anyway because he'll be banned for life, so I don't think he's a concern. I think in 06 when it seemed like he put all that behind him you'll find he was a well liked and popular on the team, and somewhat a leader of the defense on the field. Obviously we can't know for sure how the players perceived him but it wasn't like he was making remarks after losses or fighting with teammates on the sidelines or anything, his issues were exclusively off the field (and mostly in offseasons).
So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea but we always hear that, everytime Jerry signs a guy like this we hear how bad it could end up and its better to stay away, but traditionally Jerry has gone after guys he wanted and its worked out...Worst case scenario is he gets arrested and cut, I dont really see how thats holding the team back, he wont have alot of money tied into his contract and were probably going to draft a corner in round 1 either way.

The Pats have been doing this lately too and signing problem childs and taking risk and its worked for them so far, obviously Pacman's past doesnt scare them away because they are interested, if we dont sign him someone else will, and seeing as how we need a db badly and he openly said he wants to play here its a no brainer...Ive already posed the question, and I cant remember the last time Dallas signed a FA and it the team imploded because of it, or the team fell apart, people always talk about it, but were still waiting for TO to implode and ruin our team chemistry(after all, consensus was thats what was happening when he came here, it was inevitable, and he was bound to tear the team chemistry up).
That is very true. I think this is similar to the Hall to Giants thing. Its great if it works, but theres this thing in the back of your mind that just scares you a little. Its hard to explain. I know for myself personally, while i loved Hall's talents, I was somewhat relieved we didn't get him. Having a unified strong locker room is so important. I didn't realize how important it was until this season when i saw the Giants transform. Its one of those things you can't measure with stats but shows up in the win/loss column.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you didn't hear about AH and Pacman's off-field skirmish this past season?
Yes, but AH is hardly a measure of his stance with the whole team, and we don't know what really happened in that incident. Presumed blame goes to Jones as it always does, doesn't mean that's how it went down though.

As I said, AH put his 2 cents in on Pacman's rookie hold out like Bulluck did and never put it behind him. Pacman retaliated to both by saying stuff like "they just don't know what it's like to be drafted early". Keith was mature enough to let it go once he did become a member of the team, and AH was clearly not. Out of all teammates AH is the only one I know who had any visible dislike for Jones really, and it's not very surprising since he basically was Jones himself when he came into the league without the strip club addiction.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...9dfc7.html?npc

Pacman comes to town to talk on the michael irvin show on espn-fm to talk to the public

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Congrats Dallas, you're going to have a crackhead mentor Pacman Jones. That's gonna turn out solid. :)
Hey, that crackhead played some damn good football.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Cowboys have offered a seventh round pick and an unnamed player for Jones.
I hope it's not someone valuable.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gone on record that I hate Pac-man, but if he's reinstated that's an absolute steal for the Cowboys.

The real question is if they would offer him an extension. I believe his contract is over after this season, so do you give him some money to keep him under contract longterm, or do you give him a one year audition and run the chance that he will increase his stock exponentially?

It's probably a moot point anyway, as he'll shoot a stripper the first week he gets back.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Wouldnt be surprise to see this go down then they make a draft day trade to get McFadden.

If the Cowboys get PacMan it makes it more likely they will go after McFadden.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys simply don't have the ammo to get McFadden, unless he drops past the Jets that is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I wonder what player they're offering with the pic. Fasano? Glenn? A LB?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe carpenter or fasano IMO
Old 03-27-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I hope it's not Terry Glenn. I feel like that'd be a waste.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Cowboys simply don't have the ammo to get McFadden, unless he drops past the Jets that is.
You call Al Davis and offer him 2 first round picks and there second and A player..You dont think AL would take it.With all the money Oakland has spent..And now you have to pay a contract for the number 4 pick..

Al Davis will proably be willing to take A not so great deal so he can save money..
Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldnt be Glenn nor Fasano...both hold too much value.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Miles Austin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both 1sts and their 2nd could get them up to the 4/5 range. They are in a good place to take a gamble like that. JJ thinks Glenn will be back and effective next season so, WR may not be addressed and Pacman covers your nickel needs. This leaves RB as your one, true need. I could see it happening...just need to find someone that wants to move down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-27-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure there are a lot of teams willing to move down with the Raiders being favorites to do so due to money restrictions.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Jerry Jones deems it worthwhile to go after McFadden, you can't believe that he wouldn't be willing to toss future picks into the pot. Any team has enough ammo to move up, they just have to want to do it bad enough.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It wouldnt be Glenn nor Fasano...both hold too much value.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Miles Austin.
A 3rd string WR?
I'd pass.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
A 3rd string WR?
I'd pass.
He's a guy w/ loads of potential. The player to be named is not going to be a marquee talent. The deal was said to be close, when Dallas offered just a 7th rounder. I wouldnt really expect Dallas to give them a "name" player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I was thinking it could be one of Dallas' LB's. Since we're probably going to draft at least one WR if not two, I doubt it'll be Austin.