Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman would be a good addition for the Boy's as long as he isn't shooting up strip clubs...
Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas holds all the strings. Tennessee stupidly made it known that they are parting ways with Pacman no matter what. That gives Dallas all the leverage. Considering that theyre the only team interested, and Tennessee already drew themselves into a corner by declaring they don't want to keep him, they basically either have to cut him or trade him for whatever Dallas is willing to offer.

Jerry knows it, Fisher knows it, this was a bad play by the Titans and a great one by the Cowboys. They'll get him for peanuts. Now the real question is whether the gamble will pay off or not. We won't know the answer to that until the end of the upcoming season.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might be giving Dallas too much credit, it wouldn't surprise me if they give up more than you think for Adam Jones.

Remember, Jerruh outbid everyone else for TO by a mile, even though he didn't have to.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Make it happen Jerry
Old 03-28-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dallas holds all the strings. Tennessee stupidly made it known that they are parting ways with Pacman no matter what. That gives Dallas all the leverage. Considering that theyre the only team interested, and Tennessee already drew themselves into a corner by declaring they don't want to keep him, they basically either have to cut him or trade him for whatever Dallas is willing to offer.

Jerry knows it, Fisher knows it, this was a bad play by the Titans and a great one by the Cowboys. They'll get him for peanuts. Now the real question is whether the gamble will pay off or not. We won't know the answer to that until the end of the upcoming season.
I want to see proof that Dallas is the only team interested in Jones. Maybe the only team getting media coverage about it, but probably not the only team interested. Secondly, if Tennessee has no leverage how come Dallas has upped it's offer from a 7th to a late round pick with a player?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Both 1sts and their 2nd could get them up to the 4/5 range. They are in a good place to take a gamble like that. JJ thinks Glenn will be back and effective next season so, WR may not be addressed and Pacman covers your nickel needs. This leaves RB as your one, true need. I could see it happening...just need to find someone that wants to move down.
If he trades both 1st and a 2nd for McFadden he's a moron, and I like McFadden.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, that would be terribly stupid. I don't wanna trade up for him at all. I know everyone is caught up on Dallas needing a speed back to compliment Barber, but I think Jonathan Stewart would be a better option.... and that may be the minority opinion, but that's my opinion. You don't need a speed back if you can just pound it out with sheer brute force. Stewart and Barber would simply put on a hurtin' and ram it down people's throats.

As for Pacman, can't wait for the day to arrive when he's lifting up that Cowboys jersey. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is a top 10 corner who can man up ... but one more incident, anywhere even including Super Bowl week, and he's banned for life from the league.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jones is a top 10 corner who can man up ... but one more incident, anywhere even including Super Bowl week, and he's banned for life from the league.
Which is why we should do it. He comes in for a late pick and we make an incentive based contract. He knows he has to keep clean if he wants to make a good paycheck for his career instead of cleaning bathrooms at a high school
Old 03-28-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware_HITStick View Post
Which is why we should do it. He comes in for a late pick and we make an incentive based contract. He knows he has to keep clean if he wants to make a good paycheck for his career instead of cleaning bathrooms at a high school
He could always do professional wrestling....
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Meh...Dallas has two needs, Pacman fills one and Rb fills the other. Two late 1sts and a late 2nd for Mcfadden doesnt seem that bad too me, condidering that we dont have many spots available on this team. That Browns pick cost us nothing to get...we still got a 1st rounder last season in Spencer...It's kind of like we would only be trading a 1st and a 2nd for him, imo. Besides, Pacman is pretty much the equilivant of a high 1st round corner...You would still be walking away w/ two "elite" talents. W/ little need and a young team, we're in a good position to take a gamble.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Meh...Dallas has two needs, Pacman fills one and Rb fills the other. Two late 1sts and a late 2nd for Mcfadden doesnt seem that bad too me, condidering that we dont have many spots available on this team. That Browns pick cost us nothing to get...we still got a 1st rounder last season in Spencer...It's kind of like we would only be trading a 1st and a 2nd for him, imo. Besides, Pacman is pretty much the equilivant of a high 1st round corner...You would still be walking away w/ two "elite" talents. W/ little need and a young team, we're in a good position to take a gamble.
If I was the cowboys I'd rather take a chance at getting JStew, another corner, and WR with those first three picks.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
If I was the cowboys I'd rather take a chance at getting JStew, another corner, and WR with those first three picks.
Depends how Jerry views the WR situation. We already have 6 guys on the roster and he seems confident that Terry Glenn will be healthy and effective in 08. It could go untouched...this WR crop is iffy at best, anyway. They all have their questions...I wouldnt use a 1st on any of them.

If we dont go for D-Mac...I still hope we go RB and CB at 22 and 28. I dont really want a WR in this draft. It could wait atleast another year and we could learn what we have in some of our young guys. Besides, next year will be a better year for WRs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

IDK, I think if Devin Thomas went to the Cowboys that would be a great situation for him. It would give him a year or 2 to develop without too much pressure put on him to produce quickly.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
IDK, I think if Devin Thomas went to the Cowboys that would be a great situation for him. It would give him a year or 2 to develop without too much pressure put on him to produce quickly.
I don't think Thomas adds anything new. In fact I find him very similar to Patrick Crayton.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the age of TO and Glenn, and the length of time it takes WRs to develop, I think it would be naive to think WR isn't a position that could stand to be addressed. Also, factor in the fact that the team has no deep threat at WR (and no speed at RB), our offense needs more home run hitting power whether that comes via RB or WR, we need some more speed.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Considering the age of TO and Glenn, and the length of time it takes WRs to develop, I think it would be naive to think WR isn't a position that could stand to be addressed. Also, factor in the fact that the team has no deep threat at WR (and no speed at RB), our offense needs more home run hitting power whether that comes via RB or WR, we need some more speed.
Glenn's starting career is most likely over, going into the season he'll be the #3. Owens and Crayton are the starters now and neither looks to be aging at an alarming rate. Hell, last season was Crayton 1st year as a starter...he's going to get better. Anyway, T.O. may be 34 but, he still plays at an elite level and will surely get a contract extension soon. It's not like we're in a hurry to replace one of these two. Romo is fresh off a 4,000 yard season w/ these very receivers, minus Glenn. Just think what he could do w/ Glenn if he is indeed healthy. I think it is unfair to stick a fork in Terry even though, he has shown that his knee is almost back to full strength. He can be our deep threat again...and we do have guys like Stanbeck and Austin w/ great speed...they should both get their chances to prove themselves as potential deep threats. The WR situation is not nearly as bad as many would lead you to believe. There is a lot of potentialy good receivers on our depth chart, even Sam Hurd looks to be a real solid player, capable of being better than Crayton...there arent many in this draft that will def. add more than what we already have. They should be given an opportunity to show what they can do, imo. I would prefer to take a sit and watch approach w/ the guys we already have and see if it really is a "need" next season...in a year w/ a better draft class.

edit...Even if our guys were to falter this season or T.O. was to go down. W/ multiple Rbs (Mcfadden/Barber) and two great pass catching TEs, you still would have plenty of weapons to perform at a very high level. Garrett just needs to get creative...something he failed to do when T.O. went down last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-28-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware_HITStick View Post
I think if he gets his act together, he'll be great.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacman has played some receiver before. ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Thats why I feel like Stewart wont be the choice because we need team speed...I also feel like McFadden will be there at 6 at least, looking at how the 2005 rb class has fared(the 3 in the top 5 at least) I dont think anyone is in a hurry to rush and take a rb anymore because you never know...Our two 1st for McFadden thats my offer, I dont want to do anything more then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I love Stewart but, he's not the greatest compliment out there. Stewart should be featured wherever he goes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-28-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I love Stewart but, he's not the greatest compliment out there. Stewart should be featured wherever he goes.
Stewart would be a great compliment or great full time back. He's the best pure RB in the draft.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thats why I feel like Stewart wont be the choice because we need team speed...I also feel like McFadden will be there at 6 at least, looking at how the 2005 rb class has fared(the 3 in the top 5 at least) I dont think anyone is in a hurry to rush and take a rb anymore because you never know...Our two 1st for McFadden thats my offer, I dont want to do anything more then that.
I beg to differ. What was Stewart's 40 time at the combine again? I mentioned we needed to add speed at WR or RB. But the reality is that speed is much more critical at WR. If you have a power running attack and WRs with deep speed, that's perfection.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Glenn's starting career is most likely over, going into the season he'll be the #3. Owens and Crayton are the starters now and neither looks to be aging at an alarming rate. Hell, last season was Crayton 1st year as a starter...he's going to get better. Anyway, T.O. may be 34 but, he still plays at an elite level and will surely get a contract extension soon. It's not like we're in a hurry to replace one of these two. Romo is fresh off a 4,000 yard season w/ these very receivers, minus Glenn. Just think what he could do w/ Glenn if he is indeed healthy. I think it is unfair to stick a fork in Terry even though, he has shown that his knee is almost back to full strength. He can be our deep threat again...and we do have guys like Stanbeck and Austin w/ great speed...they should both get their chances to prove themselves as potential deep threats. The WR situation is not nearly as bad as many would lead you to believe. There is a lot of potentialy good receivers on our depth chart, even Sam Hurd looks to be a real solid player, capable of being better than Crayton...there arent many in this draft that will def. add more than what we already have. They should be given an opportunity to show what they can do, imo. I would prefer to take a sit and watch approach w/ the guys we already have and see if it really is a "need" next season...in a year w/ a better draft class.

edit...Even if our guys were to falter this season or T.O. was to go down. W/ multiple Rbs (Mcfadden/Barber) and two great pass catching TEs, you still would have plenty of weapons to perform at a very high level. Garrett just needs to get creative...something he failed to do when T.O. went down last year.
If Glenn makes the team, I'll be shocked. How much is he expected to get paid again? If he does make the team, I'm not expecting a 500 yard season out of him. Are you?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you guys were big on Stanback? I honestly never understood why bc he's as proven as David Carr at this point in his career.