Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans aren't in a horrendous position. Fisher has gone on record saying that if no one offers what the Titans are asking for, then they'll keep the PacMan (*sigh*). But, according to whichever news outlet you look to, along with the assumptions one gets, the offerings may range from a 4th RD'er to Bobby Carpenter/7th RD'er to just a 7th RD'er. I, for one, really can't say, and have no clue what's going to happen.

But, what I do know is that when PacMan was suspended, his contract and salary for that season was rolled over to the next year. I'm not privy to his contract details, but I know he is under contract with the Titans for the next 2 years. So it's not a wait one year until Pac becomes a FA, and he schedules a visit to his apparent #1 choice in Dallas.
I do know that dumping a re-instated PacMan is only a win for the organization from a PR standpoint. And Jeff Fisher has stated that he doesn't plan to dump PacMan if he's re-instated, but take that for what it's worth to you.
I do know that PacMan is a 6th Overall pick who can still play, and that the Titans had enough patience to endure his suspension. One would think that they would endure a 6th Overall pick who can play, both physically and literally.
I do know that PacMan was only given permission to seek a trade after a request, and that no "Trade PacMan or Bust!" sign was hung outside of Baptist Sports Park. But the relationships between the organization and player are only speculation.

I actually think the Titans hold the most leverage, as any options besides trading PacMan Jones for a reasonable return and having an active PacMan Jones playing would be a loss for the Titans. So why cut him or trade him for scraps when having him on the roster is better than either?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought you guys were big on Stanback? I honestly never understood why bc he's as proven as David Carr at this point in his career.
Some are (Achilles current man crush), but I'm more skeptical of Stanback. The athleticism is obviously there, but It'd be hard for me to believe that we won't look at a WR in draft just because of him.

And as for the compliment for Barber, I'm still strongly in the Chris Johnson corner.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Glenn makes the team, I'll be shocked. How much is he expected to get paid again? If he does make the team, I'm not expecting a 500 yard season out of him. Are you?
His contract could be worked with. As for 500 yards? That wouldnt surprise me, if he really was healthy. He did play at the end of the year w/ no pain and was noted as looking smooth in his last few practices. People on here act as though, he can barely walk these days. By training camp he should be pretty close to 100% if all goes as planned.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought you guys were big on Stanback? I honestly never understood why bc he's as proven as David Carr at this point in his career.
The coaching staff seems to love him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
His contract could be worked with. As for 500 yards? That wouldnt surprise me, if he really was healthy. He did play at the end of the year w/ no pain and was noted as looking smooth in his last few practices. People on here act as though, he can barely walk these days. By training camp he should be pretty close to 100% if all goes as planned.
He shouldn't be back at training camp. You read too much into practice reports. According to practice reports were the tell all... Stephen Peterman would've stayed with the Cowboys and been a Pro Bowler by now. The guy looked good in practice... means he looks good enough to see game action again.... not that he's the same player. We all know he looked like a has-been when he came back.

Don't be so gullable to those practice reports.... A lot of it is simply "coach talk".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm cautiously optimistic simply because of his tools. Garrett still needs to play him right in order for him to succeed. He's got a nasty learning curve to catch up on if he wants an NFL career.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Some are (Achilles current man crush), but I'm more skeptical of Stanback. The athleticism is obviously there, but It'd be hard for me to believe that we won't look at a WR in draft just because of him.

And as for the compliment for Barber, I'm still strongly in the Chris Johnson corner.
There's a lot to like and a lot to dislike at RB this year. Here's hoping the Cowboys give me someone I like. Please stay away from Felix Jones!!!