Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
twotondawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
I cant win! You seem convinced Phil Dawson is the best kicker or one of them in the NFL.

I guess the only arguement I have left is FG%, which he finished 12th in the league at. The BEST kickers in a given year should at least be in the top 5, should they not?

But im sure youll find a way to twist it, by not counting a FG because it was kicked on actual grass like Hines Field, or you might not even count the one in Baltimore because it was windy?

Did you forget the one against the Raiders that he failed to get projection on?

I think your argueing for Phil Dawson not because he might be one of the best but more so because your a Browns fan?

Out of 76 kickoffs Phil only had 5 touchbacks all year. 3 of then were at mile high which I think we can agree get thrown out the door.

The BEST kickers can get the ball high and still put them in or around the endzone. With the money Phil made last year I think the Browns deserve that.
Ok kickoffs are not his strong point, but in the 9 yrs hes been kicking for us only 2 have been returned for tds. I have to believe that he has a part in that; along with the good sp teams we have had. Plus, him being a kicker, I don't really care about kickoff dist. only if he makes kicks when they count for points.

And you want to go by fg percentage? Ok. But instead of season to season, how about career. In which he ranks 6th ALL TIME.(as of 2006)

All in all I can say that whenever Phil goes into the game I have no doubt that the balls going to go through the uprights. So in my mind that makes him the best.

PS: When you say "projection". Do you mean protection? If so then how can a blocked fg be the kickers fault if the blocker get blasted 5 yrds into the backfield?
PPS: Take away blocks and he goes 26 of 28 92% tied NFL lead.
PPPS: How does he have touch backs at mile high? We didnt play the Broncos in the regular season.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Hanson is one of the more underrated kickers in the NFL.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Reed is underrated. He has to kick 8 games+ a Year in Heinz field (Worst field to kick in).

He almost.. I repeat ALMOST had a 65-66 Yarder IN DENVER.

He was 23/25 last year, 92%, 48 Long, Missed one between 40-49, and one over 50 (The 65 yarder in Denver that was just a smidgen to the left). He was also 44/44 on Xp.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

"We didnt play the Broncos in the regular season."

The stats included our 4 preseason games.

"I don't really care about kickoff dist. only if he makes kicks when they count for points. "

I dont think we can discount a very important job the kicker performs. Field position is a key eliment to special teams. If you want to talk about the best player at their position all of the jobs duties have to be in the discussion.

Lets get back to the main topic of this thread.......BEST KICKER IN THE NFL.
Do you honestly think it is Phil Dawson or did you just throw his name out there because he is the kicker of your favorite team?

In reality and statistically Phil does not even rank in the top 10.

I think it is only us Browns fans that love him, in which case that is not a good enough arguement for his name to be mentioned in this thread.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Jeff Reed is underrated. He has to kick 8 games+ a Year in Heinz field (Worst field to kick in).

He almost.. I repeat ALMOST had a 65-66 Yarder IN DENVER.He was 23/25 last year, 92%, 48 Long, Missed one between 40-49, and one over 50 (The 65 yarder in Denver that was just a smidgen to the left). He was also 44/44 on Xp.
No offense, but so what? Almost only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades. Plus the fact that it was at Denver really doesn't mean anything considering it's probably easier to kick there with the thin air.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I truly believe Adam Vinatieri to be #1. Absolutely clutch.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Ben Graham is a terrible punter.
He averages 44 yards a punt and 40 net yards for his career. Also puts 32% inside the 20. I'd say that's right at the league average.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bets kicker right now: Josh Brown
Best in a few years: Mason Crosby

I so wish the Saints would have listened to be last year and drafted Mason Crosby :(

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the Falcons are going to win at least two more games this year because of Jason Elam, maybe more. That would be doubling or coming close to doubling our projected wins.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
azbmxican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I believe the Falcons are going to win at least two more games this year because of Jason Elam, maybe more. That would be doubling or coming close to doubling our projected wins.
I agree. Elam is number 2 in CLUTCH situations, where the kicker truly matters the most.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
P01ntb1ank
Rookie

P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Phil Dawson cant even be mentioned with the BEST because when he hit the crossbar, it was only 51 yards away, that should be money for the BEST kickers.
Touche... But you gotta admit that those snow kicks were pretty amazing. He may not be the best but he definately was entertaining this year and at the least earned some merit.

And while I agree Vinatieri is an excellent kicker he is not the best in the league. But he is hands-down the best clutch and playoff kicker currently in the league. Maybe the best ever.

Last edited by P01ntb1ank : 03-25-2008 at 08:46 PM.
P01ntb1ank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id still take Vinatieri over anybody, but this year's draft really seems to have had 2 studs in the making in Mason Crosby and Nick Folk. Both of them were very very good.

Im still pissed the Giants didn't take Crosby in the 6th.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Crosby was clearly the best kicker last year and there were rumors he could go as early as round 3. Then rumors got out he was having bad workouts and the elevation in Colorado was why he kicked so good and he fell down board.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

Crosby He is young and has a accurate,strong leg
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby is the best kicker in the NFL. That pretty hard concidering that he has to kick in Green Bay
Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think anyone kicking in Buffalo deserves some credit.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote