Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imo, there's just one explanation: Brandon Marshall is an emo. His agent is covering the story.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha this thread just reminded me of some classic none sports related injuries. These are some soccer ones:
Rio Ferdinand strained a ligament by resting his feet on the coffee table too long.
A Charlton player fell through a glass table whilst playing with his daughter.
Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright fell out of his loft a few years ago.
Santiago Canizares couldn't play in the World Cup because he dropped a bottle of aftershave on his foot.
Then my absolute favourite a Swedish player once collided with a moose when out jogging in the morning.

If those are all true, it wouldn't surprise me if Marshall did just have an accident.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
Haha this thread just reminded me of some classic none sports related injuries. These are some soccer ones:
Rio Ferdinand strained a ligament by resting his feet on the coffee table too long.
A Charlton player fell through a glass table whilst playing with his daughter.
Everton goalkeeper Richard Wright fell out of his loft a few years ago.
Santiago Canizares couldn't play in the World Cup because he dropped a bottle of aftershave on his foot.
Then my absolute favourite a Swedish player once collided with a moose when out jogging in the morning.

If those are all true, it wouldn't surprise me if Marshall did just have an accident.
There was also one English player who fell off a chair and broke his arm (not sure but I believe it was in two places). It's absolutely possible this is nothing but an accident.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Imo, there's just one explanation: Brandon Marshall is an emo. His agent is covering the story.
haha that's the best reason
Old 03-23-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is just what I need...I have enough worries about the broncos and the draft. Now our one stud is an emo. Great.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
this is just what I need...I have enough worries about the broncos and the draft. Now our one stud is an emo. Great.
he isnt your only stud...you have the ever young John Lynch. He can play WR for you too. Cause hes amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
he isnt your only stud...you have the ever young John Lynch. He can play WR for you too. Cause hes amazing.
Feeling better there chief?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Feeling better there chief?
lol nope, now im hung over...i was feeling great when i was hammered...and i definately felldown my stairs, and my back now has a hgue bruise. I am very sore...to go along with the hungoverness. Ive been reading some of my posts, and i raelly need to learn to spell when im drunk hahaha
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol nope, now im hung over...i was feeling great when i was hammered...and i definately felldown my stairs, and my back now has a hgue bruise. I am very sore...to go along with the hungoverness. Ive been reading some of my posts, and i raelly need to learn to spell when im drunk hahaha
I absolutely loved your posts though. Hope the back heals well. Was it a good night?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently the marshall story now is that he stepped on a mcdonalds bag, slipped, and tried to catch himself by extending his arm into his entertainment center and put it through his tv.

i bet he was just drunk, lol
Old 03-23-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marshall must have been too drunk to remember anyways.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I absolutely loved your posts though. Hope the back heals well. Was it a good night?
lol i was reading them, and they were pretty hilarious...and let me tell you, it was a great night. Started out pounding 12 tall boys, then hit up a few clubs and bars, by the time i got home, i was not in good condition thats when i fell down the stairs. Ive played football since i was 8 years old, ive been in dozens of street fights, and i dont think ive ever been in this much pain. My housemates told me i fell really hard lol, which i totally believe.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he didn't destroy a sliding glass door.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ive been in dozens of street fights
Badass alert.

On the topic of funny injuries I remember a couple years back when Jake Plummer broke his foot getting off a couch. That was pretty ridiculous.
Quote:
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
Badass alert.

On the topic of funny injuries I remember a couple years back when Jake Plummer broke his foot getting off a couch. That was pretty ridiculous.
well i meant fights outside bars, parties, tussles, etc. But honest, my back is killing me right now...i dont understand how it hurts so much. Im not happy about that at all. This just further increases my hatred for socks...if i hadnt been wearing them, i wouldnt have slipped on the hardwood. Stupid socks.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well i meant fights outside bars, parties, tussles, etc. But honest, my back is killing me right now...i dont understand how it hurts so much. Im not happy about that at all. This just further increases my hatred for socks...if i hadnt been wearing them, i wouldnt have slipped on the hardwood. Stupid socks.
I feel for you. I almost torned my ACL falling down stairs while I was drunk, a couple of years ago.
Look at the bright side: at least we're not emo like Brandon Marshall.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this story just gets better and better...........

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall's arm-through-the TV injury occurred when he slipped on an empty McDonalds bag.

Happens to the best of 'em. Marshall apparently tried to brace his fall with his arm and put it through the television entertainment center. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands," Marshall said. "So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down." His arm will be in a cast for two weeks. It's uncertain how many stitches he needed.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

per pft
MARSHALL SEVERED ARTERY, TENDONS, NERVE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2008, 7:21 p.m.
We knew there was more to the bizarre Brandon “I’ll Say I Slipped On A McDonald’s Bag Because No One Will Believe I Slipped On A Banana Peel” Marshall story.

And indeed there is.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Marshall seriously screwed up his right arm when he supposedly slipped on a paper bag from McDonald’s and crashed his arm into a television entertainment center.

As it turns out, Marshall didn’t slip on a bag. Per Schefter, Marshall admitted to the team that he was wrestling with family members when the incident occurred.

Maybe coach Mike Shanahan suggested that Marshall’s version of the events would be subjected to a polygraph test, and that Marshall opted not to try to beat the machine.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

That version is a little better than the MCDonalds bag version..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder if "wrestling" means screwing around or if it means like....serious fight going on there.

the difference could be huge
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
"Then I slit his wrist... VERTICALLY!"

props to anyone who gets the quote

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Last edited by wiscbadgerfootball : 03-24-2008 at 07:09 PM.
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
JayCtlerBMarshConect9

Brandon Marshall is going to be the greatest reciever of all time, with a TV through his arm or not he will lead the Broncos to multiple super bowl championships
Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Got that right. (although I'd heard the kitchen and laundry room)
Dude, who wants to get their rocks off on a washing machine?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCtlerBMarshConect9 View Post
Brandon Marshall is going to be the greatest reciever of all time, with a TV through his arm or not he will lead the Broncos to multiple super bowl championships
Brandon Marshall = Javon Walker

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Brandon Marshall = Javon Walker
Care to explain?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote