Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2007 Draft

Might as well take advantage of having a whole forum. What do you see as the biggest needs to be filled through the draft and where?

I would like to see linebacker, safety, and cornerback first day.

something along the lines of Patrick Willis, John Wendling, David Irons

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like David Irons, but am wary of taking him because he seems like a great natural athlete but doesn't seem to excel skill-wise at his position. There are plenty of excellent cornerback options in the third round.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Willis is left, I would go after him, but if not Carriker maybe. Wendling would be a great second rounder, but if he is gone we could ge after Weddle. If no one we value would be left and Brian Leonard is still available, I could really see this team go for him in the second. CB would be good in the third, but I don't think we need to draft that position so high, unless none of the players in other positions that are left that we would want. I am beginning to realize Stallworth is probably gone. You all can berate me and tell me how stupid I am now. So WR could be a possibility in the third, but I hope not, because I really want to see what our young WRs already on our roster can do. Anthony Waters would be a great third pick if we wouldn't get Willis. We may not have a fourth, but if we trade for one, Anthony Waters might still be available, DE could be a possibility as long as we wouldn't get Carriker. Big DT who can stop the run is very possible as well if we don't get one in FA is possible in the fifth, along with QB for the future, OL, CB, S (If we don't get Mikell back as well), pounding RB if we don't get one in the earlier rounds is very possible as well.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles have a few key needs that must be addressed in this draft: LB, DS, and DT. Secondary needs are: CB, WR, DE, and bigger RB. The team has 6 draft picks as of now. I can't specify what they're going to do in any round. I'm currently advocating trading back to the early second to grab more picks, especially in the 4th and 5th. This draft has some decent talent in the 4th-6th round...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is John Wendling really moving up people's boards that he's a second rounder right now?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-26-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I like David Irons, but am wary of taking him because he seems like a great natural athlete but doesn't seem to excel skill-wise at his position. There are plenty of excellent cornerback options in the third round.
He's also going to be a 25 year old rookie which is a big turnoff imo.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis just ran a 4.49 and 4.53 at the combine. There's no way he falls to 26 now.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Speed isn't anything. You have guys like Olsen and maybe Rouse moving up into Round 1. Poz is also a possibility to go ahead. It will depend on need, scouting, and luck.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Speed isn't anything. You have guys like Olsen and maybe Rouse moving up into Round 1. Poz is also a possibility to go ahead. It will depend on need, scouting, and luck.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have said that Patrick Willis is a two down back, what is your take on it? I personally don't think that's the case.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
People have said that Patrick Willis is a two down back, what is your take on it? I personally don't think that's the case.
I agree with you, because with his more than adequate speed, he at least has the capability of being able to go into coverage. Hopefully though, other teams won't figure this out so he drops to us at 26.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm absolutely not worried at all about this draft. There is enough talent there that the Eagles will be able to fill their holes and get some impact players. That, combined with another year of seasoning for the classes of 2005-2006 means the Eagles remain a young and dangerous team. They are also well stocked for the 2008 draft, which could be an absolute monster class.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Don't we have 10 or 11 picks next year? It is shaping up to be a great draft class and can't wait to find out what will happen.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe we have 9 as of now, but the extra ones are in the 6th round and later.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now that the combine is over what do you guys want with our first three picks?

I'm now thinking:
1 - Michael Griffin
2 - Quentin Moses (stock is plummeting)
3 - Anthony Waters

though I doubt they would go all defense on the first day I think that would be a great draft. Griffin fills in the safety spot Lewis left, Kearse is aging and Moses has potential as seen by his Junior year, and Waters can eventually replace Trotter in the middle, whether it be this season or next, and hopefully they keep Gaither at WLB.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I agree with you, because with his more than adequate speed, he at least has the capability of being able to go into coverage. Hopefully though, other teams won't figure this out so he drops to us at 26.
Hopefully, his coverage skills are much better than people give him credit for. Last season at Ole Miss he did a very solid job. Anyway who says we won't take a LB who isn't good in coverage? Trotter has never been that great at it. As long as we play enough nickel LB packages any weaknesses we have in linebacker coverage should be minimalized. I like McCoy at nickel LB his coverage skills continue to improve and he's pretty solid.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incinerator View Post
Now that the combine is over what do you guys want with our first three picks?

I'm now thinking:
1 - Michael Griffin
2 - Quentin Moses (stock is plummeting)
3 - Anthony Waters

though I doubt they would go all defense on the first day I think that would be a great draft. Griffin fills in the safety spot Lewis left, Kearse is aging and Moses has potential as seen by his Junior year, and Waters can eventually replace Trotter in the middle, whether it be this season or next, and hopefully they keep Gaither at WLB.

I am not a huge fan of Quentin Moses. He's an underachiever and there's nothing I dislike more than that. We need to take a DE in this draft, but if it is going to be a second round pick, I would rather us take a different type of DE. We have plenty of good pass rushing DE's, but we need a DE who is good at both which Moses is not. He's a good pass-rusher, but he is not very good against the run.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Griffen in the first, might be there since a lot of players started running amazing 40s including him, hes a big man that can play run and pass

second round i would rather pick timmons might not be there or Crowder from Texas

third round pick i love Waters, might be reach hopefully his injury does not affect his pro career, i think it was acl or mcl
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looking at all these lbs we have and that we are going to get, are we planning on having a lot of packages with them, the only on i see starting every down it trotter

we have Gaithers and McCoy
a lb from the draft and GoCong and Jones

only place i think we should add depth is mlb behind trotter if Gaithers is going to continue to play wlb
Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

since willis proabably wont be avliable to us how about Tim Shaw ran 4.49 from Penn State same as willis
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...b/timshaw.html

or

Antwan Barnes ran 4.40 and did 31 reps is 6'1 240 that is impressive
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...wanbarnes.html
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Griffin would be a great first pick for us, we could go Quentin Moses, but like it was said before, we need someone who can stop the run at DE as well, so maybe not him. If he was the only acceptable DE left though, sure, I would take him. I'm telling you guys, don't rule out Leonard if he is still left for our pick in the second, especially now that it is inevitable that we will lose Stallworth, we need somone who can contribute to both our run and pass offense, which he can do. I know most of you don't want him, but with Stallworth gone and our young WRs, and a gap that needs to be filled at RB, Leonard would make a lot of sense.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

And the Waters pick is good. I'm sure we all can agree on that.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for another possible second round end I like Abiamiri

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He might be gone by our pick.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I saw a video of the safety from Hawaii, he was crazy like, actually reminded me of troy Polamalu we could get him as a Undrafted FA Leaonard Peters look for him on you tube