Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't just go by a guy from his highlight reel. That is why it is his HIGHLIGHT REEL. Besides, he is already 27 and I don't think he would be anything better than a special teams star.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather wait a couple rounda and take that big SS from Hawaii, I'm blanking on his name. Then take Wendling in the 2nd, he's good but I'm not sure he is that good. But he is moving up some people boards lately.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about Peters. I like what I see on some aspects, he looks like a playmaker, but he also looks like he plays too wild for our defense. He definitely reminds me of Polamalu, but Troy's a lot more athletic so he can get away with some of what he does, Peters doesn't have all that.
Bigp5437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, what's up everyone. Joined here a while ago and was planning to contribute on a regular basis but it never happened, always visit these boards though.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I'd rather wait a couple rounda and take that big SS from Hawaii, I'm blanking on his name. Then take Wendling in the 2nd, he's good but I'm not sure he is that good. But he is moving up some people boards lately.
Yeah that who we are talking about Peters, na he is more of a ufa then somone to draft, he is kinda injury prone, also i forgot that he is 27

Wendling i think is great, can play the run and pass well, all he needs work is his technique that is fix able, his measrualbes are great
Old 03-03-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

is it possible that the eagles could pick up Paul Posluszny???

Eagles need a young LB...another WR and y not get Lenard from Rutgers....
Old 03-03-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they dont need another wr too many young ones, maybe a vet wr, leonard from rutgers will be too high of a pick, if he can be gotten in the third we would take him right away, but for somone who plays fb/rb or trying to play rb in the nfl, its kinda hard for the eagles to take him in the 2nd, plus we have thomas taphe,

a experinced lb would be nice, but eagles i dont think will do anything big in FA, a LB would be nice taht can play great hopefully he does not turn into Matt McCoy, who was suppose to be great, but turned out in my opinion to be a decent backup
Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I just start a Brian Leonard thread to discuss all of his stuff? That way we can keep all of it in one place and we can stay on topic more.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigp5437 View Post
Oh yeah, what's up everyone. Joined here a while ago and was planning to contribute on a regular basis but it never happened, always visit these boards though.

Welcome, are you planning on becoming more of a regular poster because we need more eagles fans around here.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Hoping to be able to, like I said I'm always on these boards since I visit this site almost everyday, might as well start adding in haha
Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Good, we need some more opinions and views on everything.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Some players id like to see the Eagles get/look into:

Drew Tate QB out of Iowa-He'll probably go undrafted and could be one of those quarterbacks the Eagles develop to later trade and wont have to spend a draft pick.

Brandon Merriweather DB out of The U--Yes he has had character concerns but he has major versatility.He can play either safety spot and can also play corner.That way he can be plugged in to replace Michael lewis,a few years from now he could replace Dawk and he could play nickel.

If we look for a big back to carry 5-10 times a game,someone like Michael Bush from Louisville,Chris Henry from Arizona,Nate Iloa from Hawaii or Dwayne Wright from Fresno St.

If we do draft a receiver,id like to see Jason Hill from Washington St..Someone who could replace Donte Stallworth(although id like to see Donte back).A late rounder depending on what goes on with Jeremy Bloom,Steve Breaston from Michigan as a receiver/returner.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i like Jason hill lots of speed,

Bush kinda runs high, he can be like a brandon jacobs but he needs to become stronger

Love the U players and Merriweather is a Versatile player who can play cb and S, he could replace Bdawk, but i doubt that becuase we need a big hitter lik Dawkins to replace him

Qb prospect i dont mind might not be a bad idea

Last edited by brat316 : 03-04-2007 at 01:30 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Do you guys think we will draft a late round O-linemen again? I think we will, but I really hope we don't. What about a QB? Do you see us drafting a late round QB? I see it as a possibility if Koy isn't re-signed.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

It's a possibility on both fronts. I don't think we really need anymore O-linemen, but then again with the deals some have been getting(and the fact that I'm a former O-line member myself haha), it stresses the fact on how important linemen can be. All it takes is one streak of bad luck and you're hurting for help(like Cleveland last year up the middle), I know none of us would ever want to see our O-line in that position. As far as a QB, it's possible. But I have a question, what happened to Omar Jacobs? I remember we signed him to the practice squad a while back, wasn't sure what happened to him now(and too lazy to go check haha, I'm about to go to sleep as I'm sick). But if in fact he is still around one way or the other, why not give him the opportunity? Then again, he may be long gone and I'm just looking like an idiot for asking haha. But otherwise I don't see why not draft someone late round. Koy knows the system inside and out, but will he really get it done again? I still have nightmares of him twitching when he dislocated his elbow against SF a couple of years back(even though up to that point, he was giving them the business)
Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Omar Jacobs was released a few months ago, but I don't think anyone will give you a hard time for not knowing a guy who was on our practice squad. Would this make it seem more likely to you that we would draft a QB in round 6-7?

Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Jon Beason from the U?

I do think he'll be a great player, he reminds me of Jonathan Vilma. So maybe even move him into the middle, but if not he can stay outside. I know it's not the best fit system wise but he could succeed in Philly IMO.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I do think he'll be a great player, he reminds me of Jonathan Vilma. So maybe even move him into the middle, but if not he can stay outside. I know it's not the best fit system wise but he could succeed in Philly IMO.
The problem is,im not quite sure if he is worth our first round pick,and he'll most likely be gone by our second pick.So about the only shot is a slight reach.If we go safety or corner in the 1st,id like to see Lamarr Woodley from Michigan in the 2nd which he will most likely fall to there because of not being able to participate at the senior bowl or the combine.He can play both OLB/DE and once again the Eagles love versatility.But again it depends on the whether soemone like Gocong develops or even seems he can play this year.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I hate the idea of taking Jon Beason with our pick, for the following reasons. In the pro's he projects to WILL which we don't need at all. He was a part of a rotation at Miami and wasn't out on the field the whole game so who knows if he would be able to handle that. While he was on the field he was solid, but he isn't a playmaker. His production was average, and he isn't a physical freak, yet he is still considered a first round pick? He is an overrated prospect because he is a Miami LB and people just assume he will be good. We would be much better off drafting someone else.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I agree with cunningham on this one. Although I don't think he would be the worst possible pick for our first.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are the MLB prospects I want the eagles to draft

1st round - Patrick Willis
2nd round - David Harris
3rd round - Anthony Waters
4th-6th round - Desmond Bishop

Not interested in Beason though
Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

PaT willis might not be there i think he is either going to the bills or rams
Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i want Griffin in the first
Old 03-06-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would be more than fine if we got Willis in the first. The safety class is much more deep than the LB class this year and we could get a very good safety in the second. Maybe Weddle or Wendling. Although I would rather we get a S like Griffin in the first, becuase we can wait until the third or fourth round to get someont like Waters or Bishop. Bishop seems like a Trotter clone if you ask me.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i like Waters better he is faster, even though he is and inch bigger and 5 pounds heveier, Waters was clearly improving alot each year, untill his injury, with that injury he did pull of a nice 40