Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we need to worry about the Bills taking Willis, they will probably pick some random player that few people expected. There's a good chance he will be gone before us though.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was Waters' 40 time anyway?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmmm NDC has him at 4.65 and NDS has him at 4.59
Old 03-07-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either one isn't too bad, but it would be nice if it is 4.59, especially if this was his 40 and he is still recovering from the injury. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly it doesn't matter which it is. The 40 is overrated anyway, 0.06 seconds difference doesn't make that big of a difference on the field. Just knowing that he is in that range is very encouraging, especially since some linebackers had problems with the turf and timed slower than expected. That is a fast time for a LB, and it appears he has come back well from his injury. I am a big Clemson fan and have watched quite a bit of Waters, and if he could bring us the range he had before his injury, then he would be an excellent prospect to draft.

After all before his injury, at the beginning of the season, Scott thought that he was at least a second round talent who was a good senior season away from being in the first round. He's got good skills, and good speed, and is a great natural athlete. The more I think about it the more I like us taking him assuming we can get our hands on a early 4th round pick. Taking him in the third round would be a reach even though he is very talented. He probably will last til the second day. If we can get a 4th round pick I would be all for drafting him.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would draft him in the third or fourth. He may be a little bit of a reach, but his talent would make up for it. My biggest needs, IMO for the Eagles are:
1. Safety, I'm pretty sure that is what we all could agree on.
2. MLB, We need someone to either take over for Trotter when he retires, or somone to replace him on the roster. I heard a rumor that he may be cut sometime before the upcoming season. I hope it isn't true though.
3. Nickel CB. This may not be a need for long, because Rod Hood is not getting the kind of interest he thought he was going to get. So maybe he ends up back in Midnight Green. If not Will James is another possibility.
4. Big RB. I think another quality RB would help Donovan and Westbrook a lot. We need to take some pressure off of McNabb for at least the first few games if he is able to start the season. A two back system is effective right now and we need somone to compliment Westy.
5. DE. Even though we just re-signed Juqua, our DEs are getting old and have a lot of question marks. Hopefully we are able to get a guy that is successful against the run and pass. Another DE would be great for our rotation.
6. Big DT. If we don't get one in FA, the later rounds of the draft would be a great spot to get a big runstuffer to go into our rotation.
7. WR. This is is Donte doesn't re-sign, but I think this offense could be successful without him. We could look for a middle round speed WR to give us a deep threat if we lose Donte, but I still don't think we absolutely need a WR
8. OLB. Most would have this higher up on their draft boards. We could go with this in the earlier rounds if there is someone the FO likes, but I don't think we will. Here is my reasoning. The organization did say Gaither is our future at MIKE, but he is better suited to play WILL. If we draft an OLB early though, that means Gaither IS our future MLB and I am wrong. Some could argue that this and MLB should be switched, but I would disagree.
9. QB. This would be a third srting guy that we would pick either in the last two rounds or undrafted. If Koy comes back, I doubt we go after one though

Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

My point for that was MLB could be one of our top three or four needs depending on how you see it, but I would have no problem taking him in the end of the third round.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
dcsicass31birds

ok tell me if this sounds relistic...

1. OLB Paul Posluszy (penn st)
6-1 237 4.7sec
face it we need a good solid player here
can play MLB or OLB

2. QB Troy Smith (Ohio St)
6-0 222 4.65sec
He is small but is a great athlete
we need good back up for the criple

3. ILB David Harris (mich)
6-2 239 4.8sec
Trotter has to start to train his replacement for the years to come
at Harris would be a good fit

4. DT turk McBride (Tenn)
6-3 285 5.0
a small/slower type(needs work) but when he is on his game
he can play...a little help this will be a good player in the NFL

5. OLB Prescott Burgess (Mich)
6-3 245 4.7
I know (another LB) yes..he can learn the system..
and CAN play special Teams for now

6. SS Marvin White (texas Christian)
6-1 196 4.41
We need another safty either FS or SS
dawk is getting older but he aint gonna go no where
so he would be a great teacher right now

7. DE Antwan Barnes (Florida Int)
6-0 243 4.53
lets get another DE get one that has what the coaches can work with
and make better...not a bad athlete and could fit nicely here...

Last edited by dcsicass31birds : 03-08-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Barnes is a Olb maybe de if he switched i guess i think he is going in the 4-5 round
Old 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he is a OLB, I dunno about him switching to DE. And he definitely will go higher than 7th round, after his combine performance as he was one of the best testing wise, I really wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going end of the 1st day, but most likely beginning of the 2nd day.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I would draft him in the third or fourth. He may be a little bit of a reach, but his talent would make up for it. My biggest needs, IMO for the Eagles are:
3. Nickel CB. This may not be a need for long, because Rod Hood is not getting the kind of interest he thought he was going to get. So maybe he ends up back in Midnight Green. If not Will James is another possibility.
7. WR. This is is Donte doesn't re-sign, but I think this offense could be successful without him. We could look for a middle round speed WR to give us a deep threat if we lose Donte, but I still don't think we absolutely need a WR
8. OLB. Most would have this higher up on their draft boards. We could go with this in the earlier rounds if there is someone the FO likes, but I don't think we will. Here is my reasoning. The organization did say Gaither is our future at MIKE, but he is better suited to play WILL. If we draft an OLB early though, that means Gaither IS our future MLB and I am wrong. Some could argue that this and MLB should be switched, but I would disagree.
Nickel can be addressed in the draft pretty easily. Hood might want a contract bigger than the Eagles really want to give. Fred Bennett would be an awesome pick in the third, he's a very solid player, and looks like a great nickel prospect, and maybe an eventual starter.

For WR: If Donte doesn't come back, this need is certainly higher than 7. Donte was huge for us last season. He has the speed the rest of our receivers lack and really helped our offense to be as explosive as it was.

OLB: This should be higher. We have no need of a weakside LB, but strongside is certainly a need. I don't really trust Gocong at strongside, and would like it if we draft a strongside LB so we can keep Gocong at DE.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Depending on what happens in FA I may need to change that. But I also took into account from what I have heard from the FO. They say they aren't worried at LB (though they should be) or WR. (Personally, I think give Baskett and Avant their shot) That is why those two are so low on my board of needs. About Hood, he isn't getting all that much attention, and may be back next year, so who knows, if so , its one less hole that we need to fill in the draft.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

You must always take what the FO says with a grain of salt. Especially before the draft. They aren't going to say anything that could potentially give away what area they are going to address in the draft. It's all smoke-screens right now.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I know, but I think they agree as well, that the LB corp most likely won't be addressed until the draft, with MLB as the most pressing need.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Of course we won't address it before the draft, but it's still a big need. Right now the LB FA's would be nothing more than depth which we don't need.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

But do you think MLB is more important than OLB right now?

Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Right now, I think we can solve both problems with one player: Patrick Willis. If we draft him we could play him this season at SAM and then once Trotters gone move him back inside at MIKE. MLB is the bigger need right now though just because we are about to lose our starter because of age. Dhani Jones isn't a good SAM, and also needs to be replaced, so I'd say that SAM is also a need for us.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Anthony Waters is capable of playing any LB position as well. The only question with him is his injury. I would love to have either Willis or Waters on the Eagles.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I love Waters, but I don't know about him playing strongside. Maybe he could, but I doubt he would get significant playing time there. Since he's a 3rd or 4th round prospect unless he is a god on the field he won't get much PT just because that's how our FO works. If we draft Waters it will be to take over for Trotter when he's done, or if he is adept at the strongside to eventually supplant Dhani Jones. That's why I want Willis. Hopefully he will be so good in training camp that he will be chosen to start over Dhani this season.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Gocong is the guy who will replace the bowtie, not a draft pick. The FO really likes what they have seen out of Gocong and he may be the starter next year. He is smart, athletic, and strong, and he has great size for any LB position. Last I saw I think he was somewhere around 260 lbs. Either way you see it we are either going to replace WILL or MIKE. I see it at MIKE, because Gaither will probably stay at WILL, but no matter if he moves to MIKE or not Waters would be a great pick in the third or fourth.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I got some questions. I think that everybody agrees that we should use our high picks on a linbacker or safety. Now what If we sign Fowler (he agreed to an offer sheet, Philadelphiaeagles.com) and Mike Doss who supposedly talked to Andy personally (G-Cobb 610 WIP). What would we pick, we would have a ton of linebackers and 4 safeties (Dawk, Mikell, Considine, Doss)??? would we trade up? draft a WR???

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't think Fowler isn't the answer by any means. He is a MLB who may not even make it past the final cuts IMO. (But this possible signing does lead me to belaive that Gaither is our WILL of the future. That is why I have been saying that so often) I wouldn't mind Doss, though. But if we sign Fowler and Doss, we could go DE still, or we could trade up. We would probably use next years picks as trade bait though, because we already have 10 or so picks next year, and that doesn't even include compensatory picks. But the problem with that is, we need a trading partner. And we all know how difficult that can be.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Doss is interesting, that would make safety a less pressing need. Like was said before regarding Gocong, I'm sure he will be capable playing SLB but I seriously doubt that he will be much of an improvement over Dhani. We need to bring in a playmaker and let Gocong play DE. We've seen how much better our defense is when we have a playmaker at OLB in Gaither, and I think Gocong would be more valuable to us at DE.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We drafted Gocong to be our SAM, and I have heard nothing that would change that. We haven't gone after any other SAMs in FA. Gocong would need to bulk up a little more anyway. Have you seen the film of him in college? Most of his big plays at DE were because he lined out so far wide and just took a b-line straight for the QB once the ball was snapped. He got by as a DE in college because of his speed. In the NFL, everyone is faster now. Gocong doesn't have any moves that a DE should have. He can't bull rush, spin, swim, push-and-pull, or anything. He is our future at SAM and that is how it will just end up being. Before you argue this, look at his tape from college, and you will see that he rarely, if ever, uses DE moves. And another thing if you look at the tape of his college years, Cal Poly had basically a LB at every position. They had very undersized D-linemen, the LBs, and most of their safety could pass for LBs as well. Just look at the tape and you will see what I mean.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Please point out where I said Gocong won't be playing strongside, or that he is incapable of doing so. That is not what I said. I said that the team would be better off if we brought in a true playmaking LB who is capable of playing strong side, and keeping Gocong at DE. Gocong over his years in college got used to playing with his hand in the dirt on the LOS. Of course most of his big plays came when he wasn't blocked. The same can be said for many college players in many different systems. As for not having ANY moves that a DE should have, that simply isn't true. His hand skills are not bad, and he is capable of using swim moves. Even by NFL standards he still has pretty good speed. If he were to play DE for us it would be 3rd string on his side of choice, most likely right. That's all we really need from a 3rd string DE. Just speed, to wear down the tackle while our other DE's get some rest. His "lack of moves" would also make a strong case for why he shouldn't play LB because many of these moves are shared between LB's and DE's. Gocong is a good natural athlete, and should probably be kept at a position where being athletic is one of if not the most important parts to the position. That's all I'm saying.