Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only rushing LBs need the same moves as DEs. Did you look at his film? I don't think you did because if you would have, you would have understood what I was talking about. Look at the film, and then come back with your argument. Yes I could see him playing some DE, but I think he will be our SAM and SAM only.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gocong could play rush DE in our system on obvious passing downs, but he really lacked the bulk in his lower body to hold up as a DE over time. I remember watching him do the LB drills at last year's combine and coming away impressed. He has a nice attacking style and wraps up well. I like Gocong as a flex type player. I don't think he'll ever be a superb coverage guy, but he can do the pressure off the edge thing as a rush LB and also flow to the ball.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be an excellent fit at joker in our defense where he does a little of both.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
He would be an excellent fit at joker in our defense where he does a little of both.
I guess so, but would our defense do that?

Old 03-17-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie

Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we keep our own 3 picks I'd be happy with -

1 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
2 Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
3 Eric Weddle S Utah
Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I guess so, but would our defense do that?
By Joker I just mean a mix of playing hand down DE and then upright maybe play some coverage, not necessarily SLB. We did this with Kearse quite a bit in 2004. As I remember joker was Johnson's original plan before just full time SLB.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob331 View Post
If we keep our own 3 picks I'd be happy with -

1 Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
2 Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
3 Eric Weddle S Utah
1. We just signed Curtis so I don't see us taking Meachem
2. Fred Bennett is a slight reach there, not that I wouldn't want him, he's awesome.
3. I seriously doubt that Weddle will last to our pick in the third round, if even the third round at all.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

A player that I really like that would be a good 7th round pick or UFA is Louis Leonard out of Fresno St. Scott doesn't have him on his list of DT's, but here are his measurables, and a rough scouting report.

6'4 3/4" I've seen him listed from 320 to 353 pounds

Positives: Obviously, he's massive. Excellent at tying up blockers, a solid 2 gap DT. Good initial quickness, has strength to anchor the line. He can be an effective pass-rusher at times because of his rare blend of quickness and power. Has a very powerful bull rush. Has a solid motor despite size when he is well rested.

Negatives: He lacks technique and experience. He only started the whole season as a senior. Needs to learn to use hands more effectively when shedding blocks. Wears down quickly, needs a rotation. Needs to monitor weight carefully. Lacks closing burst.

Overall: This guy seems like the situational run stuffer we've been dreaming about. He lacks technique, but honestly that doesn't make that much of a difference for a player like him. He's also not bad against the pass. He is a DT in the mold of Ma'ake Kemoeatu, and has rare athleticism for a 7th rounder-UFA prospect. The main knock on him is that he doesn't have much experience, so he could be a diamond in the rough for us.

Another DT I like is Mike DeVito another late round-UFA run stuffer prospect. Any thoughts on Leonard?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Sure, why not.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
ihatephilly

NFLCountdown website has the Eagles taking Troy Smith in the 3rd round in their mock draft. That couldn't be further then what will really happen. If they draft him I will become a Houston Texans fan.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html
Old 03-23-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, ihate. First of all, Smith is not the type of QB the Eagles generally draft for development purposes. Usually, they're going for big, strong-armed kids. Smith is neither. I don't see Smith as a guy who could step in and win games for the Eagles. If they get anyone, I'd rather they use a 5th rounder on Kevin Kolb. He can wing it!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Kolb will most likely be gone by the fifth round, maybe even the third or fourth, a lot of other teams like him as well, but I agree, I don't want Smith, and would prefer Kolb in any situation.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatephilly View Post
NFLCountdown website has the Eagles taking Troy Smith in the 3rd round in their mock draft. That couldn't be further then what will really happen. If they draft him I will become a Houston Texans fan.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockround3.html
Then I would welcome you to the rather small group.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think it is what, two or three?...

Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think it is what, two or three?...
Originally yes, America, Datchapin, and I, but now we have more we're closing in on about 8. Oh Baby!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2nd round ILB Buster Davis or H.B. Blades ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
ihatephilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Agreed, ihate. First of all, Smith is not the type of QB the Eagles generally draft for development purposes. Usually, they're going for big, strong-armed kids. Smith is neither. I don't see Smith as a guy who could step in and win games for the Eagles. If they get anyone, I'd rather they use a 5th rounder on Kevin Kolb. He can wing it!
I really like Kolb. I wouldn't mind drafting Jordan Palmer in like the 5th. Give him 2-3 years to learn and develop. Some risk with him but he is Carson's brother, and he's huge. Almost 6-6. But I could really see Andy Reid going with John Beck from BYU for numerous reasons.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
ihatephilly

Quote:

You guys do have Demeco Ryans. That guy is a beast. But your FO is not very good. I could see them drafting someone totally off the wall with the 10th pick. They make the worst decisions. Its like they have one of those Magic 8-balls to make all their hard decisions.

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we take Reggie Bush or Vince Young? "My sources say no."

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we give David Carr a $8M extension? "Without a doubt."

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we trade the the 8th pick(aka Adrian Peterson), and both our 2nd round picks for the next two years for an unproven QB? Reply hazy, try again. Damn! Is 5 seconds long enough?

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we trade the the 8th pick(aka Adrian Peterson), and both our 2nd round picks for the next two years for an unproven QB? Most likely.

Well, I'm convinced.

Sorry I have serious problems when it comes to the stupidity of teams like the Texans and Lions. No team is perfect but come on, they are terrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
dawkinsX

I think they will draft Patrick Willis, Paul Pusluzny, Jon Beason, Brandon Merriweather, or Michael Griffin in the first round.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I am not really a big fan of either, but if I had to pick one, it would be Blades.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkinsX View Post
I think they will draft Patrick Willis, Paul Pusluzny, Jon Beason, Brandon Merriweather, or Michael Griffin in the first round.
Or Timmons maybe. I doubt Willis will be around for our pick, he is a top 10 or 15 pick after his 40. But either of those guys are a possibility this is the order of the Eagles big board as I see it. This is a guess, so I may be off.

1. Willis
2. Griffin
3. Posluszny
4. Timmons
5. Beason
6. Meriweather.

Meriweather is a little undersized and is more suited for the FS role, so I doubt he is as close to the top. That big board is the guys that could realistically be around for our pick. Otherwise, Landry would be up there at #1.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really like Kolb. I wouldn't mind drafting Jordan Palmer in like the 5th. Give him 2-3 years to learn and develop. Some risk with him but he is Carson's brother, and he's huge. Almost 6-6. But I could really see Andy Reid going with John Beck from BYU for numerous reasons.
I could see Beck as a late round possibility as well. There is the obvious BYU connection, but the Eagles, when they draft project QBs, usually draft the ones with big arms, and Beck can throw the ball farther than anyone in this draft besides Russell.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You guys do have Demeco Ryans. That guy is a beast. But your FO is not very good. I could see them drafting someone totally off the wall with the 10th pick. They make the worst decisions. Its like they have one of those Magic 8-balls to make all their hard decisions.

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we take Reggie Bush or Vince Young? "My sources say no."

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we give David Carr a $8M extension? "Without a doubt."

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we trade the the 8th pick(aka Adrian Peterson), and both our 2nd round picks for the next two years for an unproven QB? Reply hazy, try again. Damn! Is 5 seconds long enough?

Shake Shake Shake....

Should we trade the the 8th pick(aka Adrian Peterson), and both our 2nd round picks for the next two years for an unproven QB? Most likely.

Well, I'm convinced.

Sorry I have serious problems when it comes to the stupidity of teams like the Texans and Lions. No team is perfect but come on, they are terrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-Ball
Up until this offseason, they were really improving though. Apart from the Mario over Vince in the first round of the draft, we had an excellent draft. Then we release some key players, get rid of our second round pick this year and next, switch 1st rounders with Atlanta for a qb who isn't proven at all. I would refute your claim that the FO for the Texans are morons if I could, but I can't.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I prefer Davis, but that's just me.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Up until this offseason, they were really improving though. Apart from the Mario over Vince in the first round of the draft, we had an excellent draft. Then we release some key players, get rid of our second round pick this year and next, switch 1st rounders with Atlanta for a qb who isn't proven at all. I would refute your claim that the FO for the Texans are morons if I could, but I can't.
They have something that is lacking when it comes to their decisison making department.