Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Up until this offseason, they were really improving though. Apart from the Mario over Vince in the first round of the draft, we had an excellent draft. Then we release some key players, get rid of our second round pick this year and next, switch 1st rounders with Atlanta for a qb who isn't proven at all. I would refute your claim that the FO for the Texans are morons if I could, but I can't.
I always argued that I believed Mario Williams was the best combination of potential, reasonable signability, and instant impact of anyone in the 2006 draft. That is why he was taken there. Reggie Bush would have struggled running behind that OLine. Vince Young would have been obliterated more than Carr was. Williams will be fine, and the Texans will be okay.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to be the big bully, but as Team Leader, I have to ask you to not discuss Houston's front office and such in the Eagles draft forum any further. Please start a thread in the Houston forum. Thanks.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to the Eagles Draft...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The clearest pick for the eagles would be griffin but with the eagles you never know what the hell they will do, i mean did any one see them picking a DT in the first last year, i knew they were goin to get a DT but not like bunkley

I see them getting a S in the second or third and maybe a lb in the first or like D line men even though we drafted one in the first round 2 years in a row

THem EAGLES SURES are CRAZZZY
Old 03-26-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i want the best defensive player available, why does mel kiper have us taking Steve Smith?

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is no clear pick for the Eagles. They have several key needs (run stuffing DT, LB, and safety) and several iffy needs (TE, WR, DE, and CB depth). They also need some more OT depth. They will either move up to get the BPA, will take BPA at their spot, or trade back. If they take Griffin, it will be because he was BPA. If they don't, I'm on board as well. I trust Heckert's scouting department completely.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
i want the best defensive player available, why does mel kiper have us taking Steve Smith?
Mel Kiper is a douche. His opinions and analysis regarding mock drafts are poor. His talent evaluations are really not too bad, and his work on college football during the season is actually very good. I don't trust his mock drafts for anything. Todd McShay of Scouts Inc. is better, but he's also a little flawed.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There is no clear pick for the Eagles. They have several key needs (run stuffing DT, LB, and safety) and several iffy needs (TE, WR, DE, and CB depth). They also need some more OT depth. They will either move up to get the BPA, will take BPA at their spot, or trade back. If they take Griffin, it will be because he was BPA. If they don't, I'm on board as well. I trust Heckert's scouting department completely.
I'm not mocking your explanation there or anything, but teams have to either move upto get the BPA, stay to get the BPA, or trade back. I though that was a little funny. I doubt our FO considers DT a "key need". We took care of DT already with Reagor, and our defense relies on one-gap DTsnot big run-stuffers that can play two gap technique. It would be nice to get one to use in our rotation. I beleive our only truly "key needs" are at LB and SS. Secondary needs are at CB depth, TE, RB, DT and DE, with the least important needs being at QB (3rd string) and O line depth. With very little need at all in terms of our WRs.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Mel Kiper is a douche. His opinions and analysis regarding mock drafts are poor. His talent evaluations are really not too bad, and his work on college football during the season is actually very good. I don't trust his mock drafts for anything. Todd McShay of Scouts Inc. is better, but he's also a little flawed.
Remember the rules, we are not allowed to make fun of Kiper, he is the god of mock drafts. (Smirk) You are right, I don't rely on his mock drafts, Todd McShay is more reliable, but he is by no means perfect either.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McShay is way too concerned about projectables and numbers and not on team draft trends and GM preferences. He over-relies on analysis and doesn't think through the impact some of these picks will have. The result is that he's more accurate than Kiper, but way less on target than he should be.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Kiper thinks less about draft needs and relies more on his knowledge of the player than his team as well, that is why he had us going WR, QB in the first two rounds.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is perfect at calling a draft, hell anyone can like make up a draft and be close if use a little common sence like they have this need and that, and this team take the BPA

u know and u can have a decent draft without out being a so called expert

ohh and that thing about trusting the office u have to trust them i guess but since like West what A grade draft picks have we had actually i think that was our only really good year with Lewis, Sheldon, and Lito and West
and then in 04 i think it was Andrews after Mcnabb we have not drafted taht many great players
Old 03-26-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I trust the office on Free Agents, but there have been so many poor draft picks like Jerome McDougle and Barry Gardner to name 2 off the top of my head that i don't trust them with drafts. Yes they had that great lito, sheldon, lewis, westbrook draft but overall I just can't trust them

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm not mocking your explanation there or anything, but teams have to either move upto get the BPA, stay to get the BPA, or trade back. I though that was a little funny. I doubt our FO considers DT a "key need". We took care of DT already with Reagor, and our defense relies on one-gap DTsnot big run-stuffers that can play two gap technique. It would be nice to get one to use in our rotation. I beleive our only truly "key needs" are at LB and SS. Secondary needs are at CB depth, TE, RB, DT and DE, with the least important needs being at QB (3rd string) and O line depth. With very little need at all in terms of our WRs.
That's why he said run stuffing DT. We don't need any more pass rushing DT's almost all of ours are 1 gap DT's, we have no true 2 gap DT's. Rayburn is about as close as we've got. In situations where we know they are going to run we need to get a massive DT in there, like in the Saints game. Our goal line defense would also be better off with a big DT. It is a key need, it is very important, but we aren't going to address it day 1. Good situational run-stuffers can be had late day 2. My dream situation would be for us to take Louis Leonard out of Fresno State, as I have already typed out his strengths and weaknesses in the 2007 draft forum. Just thinking about 352 pounds at DT for us is amazing.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I was saying we need one as well, but our FO doesn't view it that way. They like the 1 gap DTs more than two gappers. I think Bunkley is the closest thing we have to w two gap DT, but Rayburn is second. I still doubt we draft another DT, even though we just traded away Walker, but we may use Rayburn as trade bait and then get a guy like Louis Leonard. I agree with both of you, we do need a Big DT, but our FO doesn't view it like that, and they are the ones who are making the picks.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

With the acqisition of Spikes, I think Safety is almost a guaranteed lock for the first round for us now. I still think we will draft an LB early, but not in the first round anymore. Michael Griffin, you are going to be an Eagle! (Hopefully)

Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was saying we need one as well, but our FO doesn't view it that way. They like the 1 gap DTs more than two gappers. I think Bunkley is the closest thing we have to w two gap DT, but Rayburn is second. I still doubt we draft another DT, even though we just traded away Walker, but we may use Rayburn as trade bait and then get a guy like Louis Leonard. I agree with both of you, we do need a Big DT, but our FO doesn't view it like that, and they are the ones who are making the picks.
I don't know I seem to remember Andy Reid was quite frustrated after the Saints game and as we all know we don't have any huge bodies. I agree our scheme is built for 1 gap DT's, but we need one who can tie up blockers to diversify our defense. Bunkley's close to 2-gap, but he's a great penetrator though, he seems to be a hybrid of both with his blend of speed and strength.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With the acqisition of Spikes, I think Safety is almost a guaranteed lock for the first round for us now. I still think we will draft an LB early, but not in the first round anymore. Michael Griffin, you are going to be an Eagle! (Hopefully)
If he's there when we pick, he's a lock I hope. There's a chance though that some team has him as their #2 safety over Nelson, but lets hope he's still there.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I actually think it is possible we trade up to ensure we get Griffin now, maybe into the early twenties? I know it is hard to find a trading partner, but we always seem to find a way to do it.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah Reid might be angry after the saints game but they are not really doing much of fixing but singing another 1 gap DT or in a DE body, Regor, unless they are thinking of moving him to DE and like playing with 3 DTs and 1 De on the line.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah Reid might be angry after the saints game but they are not really doing much of fixing but singing another 1 gap DT or in a DE body, Regor, unless they are thinking of moving him to DE and like playing with 3 DTs and 1 De on the line.
I highly doubt they do something like that.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that most Eagles fans would agree that Griffin is the man if he is available at the Eagles pick, but if Griffin is off the board what do you think the Eagles will do? I ask because I don't see any clear cut answer. For that reason do you think the Eagles will trade up to ensure the pick of Griffin?

If the Eagles stay put I would like to see them draft Revis, if available, or Houston. Simply for the reason of pushing James and Hanson. With the addition of Spikes I think there is only a slight need at LB in the first, at best. I'm having trouble justifying a first round pick on a DT simply because of the youth and potential (specifically Bunkley) at the position. It almost seems like a Griffin or bust situation. Anybody agree or disagree?
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It is almost a Griffin or bust, but I wouldn't put it like that. There are plenty of ASfeties in this year's draft that would be great as a SS in our defense that we could get in the second or even third round. We could get Weddle, Wendling, Rouse (Not a big fan of his though) in the second or Piscatelli or Stone in the thrid or later. We have a lot of options in this draft. If we stay put and Griifin is gone, I think we go after the best LB available, even though we just sugned Spikes. Trotter and Spikes are both near the end of their careers, so another LB to groom for the future would be good. Whether it be a MIKE to replace Trotter, or a WILL LB to rplace Gaither when he moves into Trotter's stpot. Personally, I think we could get some very good MLBs in the second or third round, and Gaither is perfectly suited for our WILL, so I say we go after a MIKE in the draft, unless our FO wnts Spikes there and is planning on cutting Trotter, but I doubt that.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Also for safety Merriweather, more of a FS but he was moved around quite a bit and can play cb, u know just throwing him in the mix
Old 03-27-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

well no need for developmental qb this draft maybe next one