Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

The proposed rule says that it can't cover their name on the jersey, the new trend would be men wearing pigtails.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dreadlocks are the identity of the the Packers' secondary.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make em get a haircut. The NFL is not for girls. Cut your hair.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
There are just so many businesses out there that apply a dress code. Why shouldn't professional athletes getting paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS have to abide by a similiar rule? And as has been mentioned, it's not even saying they have to get a haircut! They just have to keep their hair from obscuring the name on their jersey.

BIG FRIGGIN' DEAL.
Its like a highschool making that rule.. its stupid
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it againist Atari Bibgy's religion or something of that nature to cut his hair?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Isn't it againist Atari Bibgy's religion or something of that nature to cut his hair?
hmm wonder what they'd do about that
Old 03-23-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
good, make the bums look professional, not like thugs

Really? When you see Troy Polamalu, you think "thug"? Really?

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Honestly, where did it say they HAD to cut their hair. Nowhere. They just can't wear it down and over their nameplates. Like I said, just get a bigger helmet and keep it in there. I'm tired of seeing everybody with dreadlocks now. It takes away from any originality it once had. Especially since I have to listen to ****** rap songs about dreadlocks on Madden now.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate goodell

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Honestly, where did it say they HAD to cut their hair. Nowhere. They just can't wear it down and over their nameplates. Like I said, just get a bigger helmet and keep it in there. I'm tired of seeing everybody with dreadlocks now. It takes away from any originality it once had. Especially since I have to listen to ****** rap songs about dreadlocks on Madden now.
wear a bigger helmet?
seriously?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Wouldn't a bigger helmet make the players more prone to concussions?

More room for the dome to rattle around after they get their bell rung.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
wear a bigger helmet?
seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Wouldn't a bigger helmet make the players more prone to concussions?

More room for the dome to rattle around after they get their bell rung.
I honest to God don't care what they do. People are crying over this like it's a big deal. If an employer wants their employees to look more professional than who really cares? I have to shave for my job and I'm not bitching about it.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

these guys wouldnt be happy

http://yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/T...h_Dreads/38610
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I honest to God don't care what they do. People are crying over this like it's a big deal. If an employer wants their employees to look more professional than who really cares? I have to shave for my job and I'm not bitching about it.
WO CARES IF THEY HAVE LONG HAIR.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is really a non issue in my opinion. If I had long hair, I'd want to tuck it in as much as possible so that nobody grabs it.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This is really a non issue in my opinion. If I had long hair, I'd want to tuck it in as much as possible so that nobody grabs it.
Agreed, I also find it annoying when I can't read a name or a number on a jersey because hair is covering it.

They would never ask them to cut all their hair off, though they are perfectly allowed to. Just tuck it into the back of your shirt or helmet if you want to wear it long. Hell its probably safer that way as well.

You guys really need to stop crying over this.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
i hate goodell
Goodell really has nothing to do with it. He's not even on the competition committee. As for the rule, I know some people who have long hair that work jobs that require it be put away. All it takes is a tie-up.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
exactly. why are you so passionately defending it?

so player X has to tuck his hair under his jersey or into his helmet. holy #(*$&#$&* crap! the end of the world! ZOMG!!!!1

pathetic. there has to be something that's actually worth getting upset about for you to all go waste your time on.
im not passionately defending it.
im just saying its a stupid rule
Old 03-23-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Yankees don't allow long hair or even facial hair. It's not really a big deal and like others have said they are not being forced to cut their hair.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
The NFL is a business...and an employer has a right to make it's employees abide by a dress code...hell, the NBA makes it's players wear suits and ties...why can't the NFL not allow long hair and such...

if the players don't like they shouldn't play PROFESSIONAL football....
The NFL benefits from certain players like Polamalu having different hair, it creates an image for that player and intrigue immediately. Lets not pretend that the NFL is that business like on the field for players, even for coaches who they let go unshaven or wear cut up hoodies.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

give me a break..

well maybe troy's popularity will go down so kerry rhodes can finally make a pro bowl.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing everybody with dreadlocks now. It takes away from any originality it once had.
**** short hair, too many people have it. NFL players all need to find their own unique look. I propose every NFL player get a stylist so we don't have to deal with trends.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bigger helmets would look kinda silly, but it's an understandable rule.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly, who cares? and it makes me mad when i can barely read a nameplate because of long hair.

it's also safer too, Amani Toomer shaved his head to prevent concussions. With his dreds, his helmet barely fit and his head got knocked around a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could care less about not seeing a name but, I'd agree that the hair is getting a little too long. It's to the point where it could get dangerous...nothing has happened yet but, the potential for something bad to happen is there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote