Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This would be the stupidest rule In place if it goes through, some of those hair styles make a players personality, while some have been growing them out for YEARS because of their culture and/or Religion. the only reason Atari Bigby didn't go to his Hometown School of THE U was because of their rule that all freshman had to cut there hair, I cant imagine how pissed he'd be now if told he had to cut it after, close to a decade of growing it out. I think this would be an injustice to the players, Why take away something else they can do to express themselves? They can't celebrate, and can't were were certain socks or gloves without being fined, now they can't wear their hair the way they want it? Gimme a break, BS man.

Last edited by FLORIDA PACKER : 04-19-2008 at 10:21 PM.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if its their religion, this isnt real fair to them

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
the only reason Atari Bigby didn't go to his Hometown School of THE U was because of their rule that all freshman had to cut there hair, .
i just read his wikipedia page, and his name means Attack. That is perfect. One of the most aggressive safeties in the league is named attack haha
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PACKER View Post
This would be the stupidest rule In place if it goes through, some of those hair styles make a players personality, while some have been growing them out for YEARS because of their culture and/or Religion. the only reason Atari Bigby didn't go to his Hometown School of THE U was because of their rule that all freshman had to cut there hair, I cant imagine how pissed he'd be now if told he had to cut it after, close to a decade of growing it out. I think this would be an injustice to the players, Why take away something else they can do to express themselves? They can't celebrate, and can't were were certain socks or gloves without being fined, now they can't wear their hair the way they want it? Gimme a break, Bull Shi* man.

Again, no one says they have to cut it. Reading is tough isn't it?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pointless rule.

Why take away any sense of individualism?

This is really turning into the "no fun league" if they are seriously considering this.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Pointless rule.

Why take away any sense of individualism?

This is really turning into the "no fun league" if they are seriously considering this.
How about we don't make players wear helmets too? Nothing more individual then the player's face.

It is a matter of safety.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They get paid a ******** of money to play a game, if they have to cut their hair, boo-freaking-hoo. I don't see how this is going to take a way from a player's marketability. If they're good, you'll know who they are, you wont need to see their hair.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not such a bad rule, i still miss some of the celebrations though...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Really? When you see Troy Polamalu, you think "thug"? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0
Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

First off, many of my favorite players have dreads. Second, if it's covering their nameplate, go ahead and cut it a few inches. I'm all for it if it helps announcers and refs know who it is. I know who it is so it doesn't really matter to me. If it truly effects the ability to know who it is versus another guy then go for it. Some players will be mad. I won't really pick a side. If the NFL says they have to get it down to the edge of their helmet then I'll complain.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Again, no one says they have to cut it. Reading is tough isn't it?
I could really care either way if they put this rule in place or not. I think its pretty lame but again I dont care. It says you either need to get a haircut or figure out how to stuff all your hair in your helmet... I dont have dreads so I dont know but I cant imagine some players being able to do that with alot of really long hair so whats the other option....... your forced to cut your hair or I guess you dont play. They dont say it but again thats what it basically boils down to.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a protest Punter Scott Player has decided to start growing out his own dreadlocks

Old 03-23-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samoan players would be VERY PO'd I would assume. It's a part of their culture, no chance they'd cut it... Just have the hassle of hiding it.

Either way I don't see the point in it, if anything it makes the players stick out more. I always know where those guys are...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
How about we don't make players wear helmets too? Nothing more individual then the player's face.

It is a matter of safety.
It's a matter of safety? Really? Could you please link me to the cases where long hair has resulted in an injury. Thanks.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb rule but should cut their hair that only blocks the name on your back, you could always fix it up with pony tail, or something like that. I think the safety thing is if someone like T.P. is running and the only thing you can grab him by is his hair its fair, its part of the uni. He runs full speed you grab at his hair like a hard jerk at it, either
A) you end up with hand full of hair
B) You see his head jerk back and his legs go up in the air and him land on his back

Anyways kind of dumb rule kind of yeah maybe could be a problem.

Last edited by brat316 : 03-24-2008 at 12:18 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Troy hair is a bit long thou, but it is some people heritage so they should bame it
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt the nfl rule a few years ago the hair is part of the jersey? wouldnt that be reversing that rule?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pig Tails?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
The NFL is a business...and an employer has a right to make it's employees abide by a dress code...hell, the NBA makes it's players wear suits and ties...why can't the NFL not allow long hair and such...

if the players don't like they shouldn't play PROFESSIONAL football....
couldn't agree more...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
It's a matter of safety? Really? Could you please link me to the cases where long hair has resulted in an injury. Thanks.
You seem really passionate about this. You should write a nice long letter and mail it to nobody give's a **** land.

People are going to watch the game regardless. It changes nothing. Who cares?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You seem really passionate about this. You should write a nice long letter and mail it to nobody give's a **** land.

People are going to watch the game regardless. It changes nothing. Who cares?
Wow...Is it that time of the month again for you? I call someone out about saying it might be done because of safety and you get PMS. Take a deep breath and calm down.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:44 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I used to have seriously long hair....almost to my waist. My job at the time prohibited long hair, but hats were allowed. So I'd put it in a ponytail and either tucked it inside a baseball cap or tuck it down the back of my shirt, and it was completely unnoticeable.

In terms of the daily B.S. players have to deal with day-to-day, something like this is waaaaay down on the scale.....right next to the rule about keeping the socks pulled up. Stupid, but trivial. If they have to tuck their hair in, then so be it.

This is such a non-issue.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't really agree with this, but if it was passed, I don't think it would detract from the game enough to bother me.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
long hair under helmet=helmet not fitting properly.

When a helmet doesnt fit properly, concussions are had alot easier.

See Amani Toomer.

If you come back with "Well Troy P. and Mathis have long hair and they don't get concussions"- compare the impact of a WR getting hit and how often to a DB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:01 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
long hair under helmet=helmet not fitting properly.

When a helmet doesnt fit properly, concussions are had alot easier.

See Amani Toomer.

If you come back with "Well Troy P. and Mathis have long hair and they don't get concussions"- compare the impact of a WR getting hit and how often to a DB
This is false cause my helmet fits just fine and my hair is pretty long.