Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
The Colts had every reason? You think most of those fans would have bought an exspensive ticket to watch Jim Sorgie? Its just another recent reason this league is turning into a joke.

NFC East the toughest? But then you go on to say every division is tough? Thats not much support to your own statement.

And no every game isnt tough. Just ask the Titans who got an easy ride against the Colts because they rested all of their star players. tell me that was tough? Were the games for the Pats early this year very tough? how about when the Steelers killed the Browns, was that hard for them to?
Take care of your own ****. It's not the Colts job to get the Browns in the playoffs. You lost to Oakland, Arizona, and Cincinatti, it's you're own fault and no one else's.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Colts had every reason? You think most of those fans would have bought an exspensive ticket to watch Jim Sorgie? Its just another recent reason this league is turning into a joke.

NFC East the toughest? But then you go on to say every division is tough? Thats not much support to your own statement.

And no every game isnt tough. Just ask the Titans who got an easy ride against the Colts because they rested all of their star players. tell me that was tough? Were the games for the Pats early this year very tough? how about when the Steelers killed the Browns, was that hard for them to?

NFC East?
#1 Dallas beat you
#2 You beat the Giants when they started out 0-2, they werent good till midway through the season.
#3 barely beat the redskins and eagles by a combine 6 pts.

GB had a very good year, but you can thank Brett Favre not Ted Thompson.
The Colts had every right because they clinched their playoff spot. Its just sour grapes on the Browns part to say otherwise. Why risk a Peyton Manning injury to play the Titans in a meaningless game for the Colts. Would you want Anderson playing Week 17 if you had your spot clinched. NO and don't even attempt to say you would!!!!! GB12 said it best, take care of your own schedule. Any team that can't beat the Oakland Raiders doesn't deserve to go the playoffs. They deserve to have Jim Sorgi play the Titans and thats what happened.

I didn't say the NFC East is toughest in my own opinion. I said other people claim that the NFC East is the toughest if you go by the theory of thinking some divisions are better than others. And who cares how many points you win by. Most games in the NFL are close.

And if I were to determine who had the tougher schedule as a non-Packer non-Brown fan, the Browns schedule from 2007 doesn't exactly scream tough. Dolphins,Bills,Jets,49ers,Bengals 2X(1 loss),Ravens(2x),Rams,Texans all had down/some terrible years along with Oakland. I'd say the Browns were more of a product of their schedule than the Packers.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 03-26-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Take care of your own ****. It's not the Colts job to get the Browns in the playoffs. You lost to Oakland, Arizona, and Cincinatti, it's you're own fault and no one else's.
wow tough guy. I bet not as tough as the NFC East though right?
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell does the NFC East have to do with anything? You aren't even making an argument you're just asking dumb questions.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
What the hell does the NFC East have to do with anything? You aren't even making an argument you're just asking dumb questions.
It wasnt to you, but i guess since your yurning for attention, Ill allow you to respond.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It wasnt to you, but i guess since your yurning for attention, Ill allow you to respond.
You quoted my post saying "wow tough guy. I bet not as tough as the NFC East though right?"
Old 03-26-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was directing that towards me because I said most people think that the NFC East is the toughest divison.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
He was directing that towards me because I said most people think that the NFC East is the toughest divison.
It was a joke also so I hope you dont get sore over it.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just need to stop talking b/c you can't put forth a rational thought

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 03-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
The Packers didn't lose to the NFC East other than Dallas. They only lost 3 games.

2 to the Bears, who still have a good defense when healty and seem to have Favres number and 1 to the Cowboys.

If you deserved to make the playoffs, you would have won one more game. Oakland was your best bet or even in the close game against Pittsburgh. You didn't so you didn't make the playoffs.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You just need to stop talking b/c you can put forth a rational thought
thanks mod. But you were supposed to put CANT, not CAN, better edit your post.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Why would I get sore over it?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
The Packers didn't lose to the NFC East other than Dallas. They only lost 3 games.

2 to the Bears, who still have a good defense when healty and seem to have Favres number and 1 to the Cowboys.

If you deserved to make the playoffs, you would have won one more game. Oakland was your best bet or even in the close game against Pittsburgh. You didn't so you didn't make the playoffs.
Why are you argueing the Browns? This has nothing to do with them. They also had one of if not the easiest schedules. And like the Packers probably overacheived.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thanks mod. But you were supposed to put CANT, not CAN, better edit your post.
thanks for pointing that out....taken care of

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Why would I get sore over it?
I didnt know if you would take it the wrong way, it wasnt my intention to do so or start a fight.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
IMO Phil Savage. In 3-4 years he took the very worste team in the NFL to possibly top 5 in the hard AFC.

Everyone remembers some of our horrible draft picks. Free agents despite us having money, refused to play here.

We get the top free agents now, great pro bowl quality draft picks. Hes unbeleavable at getting players as undrafted FA's getting Cribbs and Bodden of late. He was also in charge of bringing in and having faith in Derek Anderson.

He played a huge part in the Ravens superbowl and the solid teams they had and brought the same style to Cleveland.

Ted Thomas deserved to win, and I also like AJ Smith, but Phil easily did the most with less.

We didnt have a simgle pro bowler for a span of about 5-6 years, and we had 6 this year.

The Browns could have around 9 pro bowl players this year if everyone plays up to par.
Derek Anderson
Braylon Edwards
Kellen Winslow
Lawrence Vickers (without Lorenzo Neal Vickers is a near lock)
Joe Thomas
Eric Steinbach (has made 2 before)
Josh Cribbs
Shaun Rogers (has made 2 before)
Kamerion Wimbley

Its just nasty what Phil Savage has done with the talent level of this team and I didnt even include the solid players like...
Jamal Lewis
Donte Stallworth
Corey Williams
Sean Jones
Eric Wright
Andra Davis
Dqwell Jackson
Brodney Poole
Kevin Shaffer
Hank Fraley
Joe Jurivicius
Brady Quinn

THis team is going to be pretty nasty. He has also brought an unbelievable coaching staff in from the horrid Butch Davis years.

His been credited for genius salary cap meneuvers that have since been picked up by teams all around the league.

Who would have thought 3 years ago when he took over for the Browns we would be talking deep playoff runs? If this team was in the NFC they could easily be considered the 2nd best team by more than one guru.

Before Phil Savage/after Phil Savage
Tim Couch - Derek Anderson
William Green - Jamal Lewis
Terrell Smith - Lawrence Vickers
Kevin Johnson - Braylon Edwards
Quincy Morgan - Donte Stallworth
Dennis Northcutt - Joe Jurivicius
LJ Sheldon - Joe THomas
Joe Andruzzi - Eric Steinbach
Jeff Faine - Hank Fraley
Cosey Coleman - Lecharles Bentley (finally healthy)
Ross Verba - Kevin Shaffer

Kenard Land - Corey Williams
Gerard Warren - Shaun Rogers
Alvin McKinley - Shaun Smith
Ebinezer Eukuban - Robair Smith
Ben Taylor - Dqwell Jackson
Kevin Bentley - Kamerion Wimbley
Daylon Mccutcheon - Eric Wright
Michael Jamison - Brodney Poole
Michael Lehan - Sean Jones

anyone see a difference in 3 years?
Then why should Savage win the award. If they both overachieved.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

On the topic of Ted Thompson, here's a nice little stat: of the 10 rookies (10 individuals accounted for all 17 weeks) awarded "Rookie of the Week" in 2007, 3 (Jones, Crosby, and Jackson) were Packers.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Then why should Savage win the award. If they both overachieved.
I said he should have been considered. If you read the post I said IMO Thompson should have one, which he did.

Somehow it escaladed into a fight with packers fans etc....not really sure how?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
I didnt know if you would take it the wrong way, it wasnt my intention to do so or start a fight.
I'm not fighting. Are you? I'm arguing in a calm respectful manner, much like you are. Isn't that how a message board works?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
I said he should have been considered. If you read the post I said IMO Thompson should have one, which he did.
And I'm sure Savage was considered.

So why bash Thompson because the Packers had an "easy" schedule?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not fighting. Are you? I'm arguing in a calm respectful manner, much like you are. Isn't that how a message board works?
Ya no problems wit you bro. But Ive got 3 negative reps from 3 different packers fans that think I hate their team. Maybe they forgot I was on their side to start?

I was on the side of Thompson, but got angry at neg rep from Pack fans so I started to look on the other side of the grass.

For 5 dollas Ill be a Lion fan tomm ok? My Sanders jersey is still in the attick.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-26-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Ya no problems wit you bro. But Ive got 3 negative reps from 3 different packers fans that think I hate their team. Maybe they forgot I was on their side to start?

I was on the side of Thompson, but got angry at neg rep from Pack fans so I started to look on the other side of the grass.

For 5 dollas Ill be a Lion fan tomm ok? My Sanders jersey is still in the attick.
Haha I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy being a Lions fan right now. Maybe one day, but not with Millen.

I wonder if Millen got any votes? LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Haha I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy being a Lions fan right now. Maybe one day, but not with Millen.

I wonder if Millen got any votes? LOL
I still wonder about the Lions.

6-2 start and people thought Millen might win something
then a 1-7 finish?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

No you neg repped me for this
Quote:
Saying this in the neg rep
Quote:
And the Packers came up short again with maybe their last shot at a SB until they get a real QB lol!
So I neg repped you back not only for that but because you aren't making any sense in you're arguments and can't make a valid point if your life depended on it. I didn't even say anything about the Packers I was talking about the Browns.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
I still wonder about the Lions.

6-2 start and people thought Millen might win something
then a 1-7 finish?
Terrible Defense that overachieved in the first half and a refusal of Martz to run the ball. Everyone disappeared on the D-line, unfortunatley including Shaun Rogers which is why he is a Brown now. I think Rogers has a lot left though and he is a tremendous talent. I think the Lions still neeed him because Darby is not the answer but I'm happy we got Bodden and a 3rd for him.