Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

It's a pretty good list but there seems to be a mixture of the past and future expectations. The couple mistakes mentioned already, plus Holmes, Evans, Bowe are right above Donald Driver. Now I don't think he's dominant be any means but their track records don't even come close to Driver's. I'd be called out if I didn't mention Greg Jennings either, he hasn't been better than Driver. They should have about the same amount of catches this year. But anyway, I'm not denying Favre may have made Driver appear better in the past. But stats are stats.

Bosanac01

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 03-25-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this was infact the top 40 the Bears, Ravens, 49ers, and Titans would not have anyone on the list. The Dolphins do not have one even at a list of 64.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brandon Marshall is a bit too high. He really needs to be slashed out of the top 20.
Jennings should be above him, maybe Colston too.

I realize this sounds like blatant Packer banter, but what has Rice done to show he should be that far ahead of James Jones?Jones had more catches, 300 more yards receiving, and a higher average yards per catch. Maybe the feel he has a higher ceiling...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think Brandon Marshall is a bit too high. He really needs to be slashed out of the top 20.
Jennings should be above him, maybe Colston too.

I realize this sounds like blatant Packer banter, but what has Rice done to show he should be that far ahead of James Jones?Jones had more catches, 300 more yards receiving, and a higher average yards per catch. Maybe the feel he has a higher ceiling...?
You can't really compare stats when Jones had Favre and Rice had Tavaris Jackson. Personally I think it's a little silly that we have rookies that aren't even starters on the list in the first place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You can't really compare stats when Jones had Favre and Rice had Tavaris Jackson. Personally I think it's a little silly that we have rookies that aren't even starters on the list in the first place.
Yeah, I suppose that's true. I did forget about the man-wonder Jackson. However, You cannot deny Production to a degree.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Berrian is 27, he was a bear until this offseason, that kinda counts, right?
id say no because this seems to be based a little off of expectations as well, and since hell be a vike from here on out, ill say no
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Javon Walker is ranked surprisingly high and I'd rank Ronald Curry ahead of Jerry Porter as well.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top of the list was pretty solid, but after that it started to sour around 20ish onward.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"61. Nate Burleson
Seattle Seahawks
Burleson has No. 2 WR skills, but because of his lack of speed, you'd rather have him as your third receiver. He fits the system in Seattle thanks to his ability to read coverages and his fluid, nimble route-running skills. He is not very dangerous after the catch and is not a great blocker. "

Lack of speed? Not very good after the catch? Huh?

Yeah...it's his ability to read coverage and his route running that give him his kick and punt returning ability....right...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

LMFAO at Jerry Porter being on that list..LOL
Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is lee evans on there?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
is lee evans on there?
In pretty good shape at #20.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks, i cant really open up a lot of tabs because my brother is on xbox live and it makes the game lag when i get on a lot of sites
Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
is lee evans on there?
actually he's not. Guess they felt he wasn't top 64 worthy............what kind of question is that lol

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Nice how T.O.'s 10 drops gets mentioned but Randy's 9 does not.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Nice how T.O.'s 10 drops gets mentioned but Randy's 9 does not.
I think its fair to rank Moss ahead of TO though. Theyre definately 1 and 2, but I think Moss is the best hands down.

Ive yet to see any WR impact a defensive strategy (this includes the GOAT Jerry Rice) more than Randy Moss.

Also the 2 most prolific offenses in NFL history both had Randy Moss at WR. Thats not coincidence.

Definitely 1 and 2 in my eyes.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
BOWE top 5 next year ya heardddddddddd
Not until he gets a QB.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is an animal. He just goes out and takes a beating but doesn't get the respect he deserves because he wasn't a high draft pick and he doesn't complain/celebrate.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think its fair to rank Moss ahead of TO though. Theyre definately 1 and 2, but I think Moss is the best hands down.

Ive yet to see any WR impact a defensive strategy (this includes the GOAT Jerry Rice) more than Randy Moss.

Also the 2 most prolific offenses in NFL history both had Randy Moss at WR. Thats not coincidence.

Definitely 1 and 2 in my eyes.
I would also put Moss ahead of T.O. -- He can be counted on more than T.O. can to make a clutch catch. He spreads the field deeper.

But to point out the 10 drops on Owens and negate the fact that Randy had 9 is a little reckless on the journalist part.

The reason I say this is because T.O. is basically "known for drops" and Randy is "known for sure hands", but the margin of difference wasn't as big this past season.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is it just me being a Jets fan or should Cotchery and Coles be ranked higher??? I think they are pretty low, some guys above them aren't better. Especially considering the bad QB play on the Jets, and horrible OL.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I would also put Moss ahead of T.O. -- He can be counted on more than T.O. can to make a clutch catch. He spreads the field deeper.

But to point out the 10 drops on Owens and negate the fact that Randy had 9 is a little reckless on the journalist part.

The reason I say this is because T.O. is basically "known for drops" and Randy is "known for sure hands", but the margin of difference wasn't as big this past season.
thats a very valid point.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
LMFAO at Jerry Porter being on that list..LOL
You watch and see. He'll prove 'em right.

You shouldn't slam a guy who did so well for you guys when he was given the opportunity.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say Moss is known for smoking weed and saying "straight cash homey".

Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
Is it just me being a Jets fan or should Cotchery and Coles be ranked higher???
Yeah it's just you.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Its nice to see this:
Braylon Edwards
Donte Stallworth
Joe Jurivicius

And not this:
Kevin Johnson
Dennis Northcutt