Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
azbmxican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
List seems bogus. Harrison at 13? in my mind it should be, without a doubt:

1) Moss
2) Harrison
3) TO
4) Chad Johnson
5) Torry Holt

Those 5 receivers are all going to the hall of fame - and the fact that 3 of them aren't even top 5 is mind boggling =/

I understand where the writer is coming from with Steve Smith and Andre Johnson. But neither of those 2 have been as consistant as TO, Chad or Harrison - seems like a big mistake to me.

I agree with you on Smith not being nearly as consistent as most top 8 WRs in the category.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I stopped reading when I saw CJ at 8 and people like Braylon head of him.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico ahead of Torry

I laugh!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's 50/50 at best that the Packers make the playoffs. You have a lot of offensive playmakers with Favre. It's yet to be seen how well they work together without him. As for the defense, I think it's a very solid group but I don't think it's going to get much better. Could be wrong though.

I've had the Vikes as the favorites, but am starting to lean back to the Packers. It's far from a guarantee though.
I agree that the packers and the vikings are probably gonna be 1,2 in the division but i think that jacksons play for the vikings is the key and I personaly don't think that he's ever gonna be good. How Rodgers is going to do is still yet to be seen but I would take him over Jackson any day. Plus if out run game gets better it will make it easier for Rodgers.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbmxican View Post
I agree with you on Smith not being nearly as consistent as most top 8 WRs in the category.
Smith has been consistent, his quarterbacking hasn't been.

When he's fed the ball anywhere from 7-12 times a game you're looking at easily over 100 yards and easily a touchdown.

If the QB is inept, like for 11 games last year a receiver is going to struggle.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Smith has been consistent, his quarterbacking hasn't been.

When he's fed the ball anywhere from 7-12 times a game you're looking at easily over 100 yards and easily a touchdown.

If the QB is inept, like for 11 games last year a receiver is going to struggle.
I just looked up the 2007 stats on NFL.com for QB's in Carolina and, lol, check this out (God I hope NFL.com got this wrong:

Vinny Testaverde: sacked 46 times
Jake Delhomme: Sacked 46 times
David Carr: Sacked 76 times

I can't even believe that, thats 168 times =(. Giving up 168 plays may be why I think Steve Smith is not worth a top 5 receiver spot =/

Point being is a great receiver benefits from both a great line and a great QB, just as a great QB benefits from a great receiver. Steve Smith doesn't have a great line or great QB yet, but I still don't think he deserves a top 5 spot until he gets both of those and starts producing the real numbers we all know he can.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
I'm not sure that Marvin Harrison has ever been a top 5 WR.
You, sir, are an idiot. He wasn't top 5 when he was in the top 3 in every major receiving category in 2006, a year in which no other WR was even in the top 5 in all 3 categories? And that's not even close to his best year...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I just looked up the 2007 stats on NFL.com for QB's in Carolina and, lol, check this out (God I hope NFL.com got this wrong:

Vinny Testaverde: sacked 46 times
Jake Delhomme: Sacked 46 times
David Carr: Sacked 76 times

I can't even believe that, thats 168 times =(. Giving up 168 plays may be why I think Steve Smith is not worth a top 5 receiver spot =/

Point being is a great receiver benefits from both a great line and a great QB, just as a great QB benefits from a great receiver. Steve Smith doesn't have a great line or great QB yet, but I still don't think he deserves a top 5 spot until he gets both of those and starts producing the real numbers we all know he can.
The coming season should see a vast improvement already the team has solidified 4 out of 5 positions along the line with depth and strong players. All we need is one cog and things will be fine. Delhomme's ahead of schedule and Smith has a receiver opposite to help free him up.

It'll be a big year health permitting imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote