Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Redskins vs Giants Sept 4 season opener

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

I dont see the skins winning more than 3 or 4 games but i think they can still split one with the giants, not at NY and not this early in the season though so it is gonna probably get bad.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Info here also:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Time to rain on that superbowl parade :)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's pretty underwhelming. No offense to the Redskins but of all the options they are far from the most compelling team.

I guess they figure people will watch anything if they're that starved for football.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I hope the Redskins kick their a$$

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if campbell has a breakout year the skins could suprise some people. But they also need the line to stay healthy

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you really think you can split the Giants? holy ****, we're the reigning champs, and we still get like no respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you really think you can split the Giants? holy ****, we're the reigning champs, and we still get like no respect.
you also have a target on your back the size of Manhattan
The super bowl winner always has a giant target

Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea i dont understand the hate, you all wanted us to beat the Pats and ruin their chance at history, now you go a full 180 and start hating on us, not right man, not right.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
you also have a target on your back the size of Manhattan
The super bowl winner always has a giant target
so? we know that, but since when does that result in us not getting respect? The Pats had a HUGE target on their back starting after they beat the Colts and were undefeated, they did pretty well under that pressure(until the Super Bowl at least ;) )

i can understand why princey's kinda bitter, after, well you guys know...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Well you still have some glaring holes, IMO
Toomer could drop off at any year. He has been around for awhile. Though Steve Smith looks nice. Oline is decent. Good TE's and RB's. Defensive line has alot of great pass rushers, but I still think its weak against the run. Safties are a major concern and outside of Pierce i dont think you guys have good LB's. CB's could be better too

Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Toomer could drop off at any year. He has been around for awhile. Though Steve Smith looks nice. Oline is decent. Good TE's and RB's. Defensive line has alot of great pass rushers, but I still think its weak against the run. Safties are a major concern and outside of Pierce i dont think you guys have good LB's. CB's could be better too
Any reciever could drop off at any year, he came up big for us in the playoffs making nice catches at pivotal times. OLine is more than decent, DB is a major concern that will most likely addressed early in the draft and maybe still in FA. In our scheme WE DONT NEED GOOD LBs, and besides we have AP who is good, Kiwi could be good but is definately a good pass rusher, and Wilk will be decent.
CBs are fine for right now, Ross Madison Webster RW Dockery all started for us last year (maybe not RW but he did all two years ago).

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
wait, really? Wasn't Toomer supposed to drop off last year? Is our OL really only decent? They didn't prove enough last year with a "glaring hole at LT".

Our DL is weak against the run? WHAT!?!?! that's news to me. Tuck, and Strahan are EXCELLENT against the run, and that's the only good Robbins can do. Just ask Ryan Grant, I'm pretty sure he thinks we're good there Safety, OLB and CB were big concerns last year, but we did ok with that didn't we? lets also remember the Giants are UPGRADING our LB's by subtaction. Kiwi is back, he started last year remember, and Gerris is much more athletic than Mitchell was
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys understand. People still think that the Pats lost. No one really notices that the Giants won. It sucks, but we just gotta beat them all again for our respect.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
yea i dont understand the hate, you all wanted us to beat the Pats and ruin their chance at history, now you go a full 180 and start hating on us, not right man, not right.
oh please, you act like winning the super bowl will have everyone running around saying " I love the Giants their gonna win this thing again", their is no hating so get off that high horse, but you have to show you can consistently be a contender(Colts, Pats) before anyone considers you a shoe in to win anything and frankly one season doesnt do that...its getting a little old hearing everyone crying for respect after one season already.

Regardless, I was hoping the Cowboys and Giants would get the season opener, ill still watch anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
oh please, you act like winning the super bowl will have everyone running around saying " I love the Giants their gonna win this thing again", their is no hating so get off that high horse, but you have to show you can consistently be a contender(Colts, Pats) before anyone considers you a shoe in to win anything and frankly one season doesnt do that...its getting a little old hearing everyone crying for respect after one season already.

Regardless, I was hoping the Cowboys and Giants would get the season opener, ill still watch anyway.
no, we're not even close to "crying for respect" it's just that we've gotten absolutly NONE during the playoffs, leading up to the Super Bowl, or even after.

The Cowboys get more than we do, and last I checked, they haven't won a playoff game since the mid 90's. So i don't think it's being a contender, considering we've made the playoffs the past 3 years, and have been to 2 super bowls in the past 8
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
We've split with you 4 of the last 5 years, even under Spurrier.

I don't see how it's too wild of an assumption....

We beat you last year at home where Eli went for a stunning 18-53.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

It's really not a sign of disrespect to think its possible to split a game against a division rival. The Giants are Super Bowl Champions, but they certainly weren't the "best team" even in their own division last year, for the majority of the year.

It's not "disrespect" for the OP to say I think its possible we split games with them. It's not like he came out and guaranteed it. In fact, he even probably said they'd lose the first time around.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, we're not even close to "crying for respect" it's just that we've gotten absolutly NONE during the playoffs, leading up to the Super Bowl, or even after.

The Cowboys get more than we do, and last I checked, they haven't won a playoff game since the mid 90's. So i don't think it's being a contender, considering we've made the playoffs the past 3 years, and have been to 2 super bowls in the past 8
I dont know what respect the Cowboys get around here, outside of Romo still being overrated who cant win a big game as people would say, Id venture to say thats pretty false, people hate the Cowboys on here just like the Pats so no, if anything its because we won the division last year...But in years like this your not going to get much respect right off the bat, Eli and the team was playing bad right up until the playoffs started, so its normal for people to want to see the entire team playing at a high level consistently to get that type of respect...But who cares about that anyway? Id rather get no respect and have the team fueled by that(isnt that what drove the team through the playoffs is not getting any respect), so I dont really understand why every Giants fan wants it now, Id rather my team not get ANY respect what so ever and everyone stays hungry like they were at the end of last year.

But until Eli shows he can be an elite for for more then a few games in a row, and the rest of the team follows suit, they wont get much respect, thats pretty much how it works for everyone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
wait, really? Wasn't Toomer supposed to drop off last year? Is our OL really only decent? They didn't prove enough last year with a "glaring hole at LT".

Our DL is weak against the run? WHAT!?!?! that's news to me. Tuck, and Strahan are EXCELLENT against the run, and that's the only good Robbins can do. Just ask Ryan Grant, I'm pretty sure he thinks we're good there Safety, OLB and CB were big concerns last year, but we did ok with that didn't we? lets also remember the Giants are UPGRADING our LB's by subtaction. Kiwi is back, he started last year remember, and Gerris is much more athletic than Mitchell was
And strahan could retire. If he doesnt, i'll be fine with the line, but i really think he wants to go out on top. the oline is good. And maybe this Toomer's year. Just because people were wrong last year doesnt mean they cant be wrong again. All im saying is, the Giants arent as good as past super bowl winners. Theyre a great team, but they still dont strike fear into me and i feel the Redskins could beat them.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
But until Eli shows he can be an elite for for more then a few games in a row, and the rest of the team follows suit, they wont get much respect, thats pretty much how it works for everyone though.
Same here. The secondary played great for 4 games, but the only guy in that secondary i think has upside is Ross.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Guys understand. People still think that the Pats lost. No one really notices that the Giants won. It sucks, but we just gotta beat them all again for our respect.
That's awfully cute, but foolishly and laughably wrong. Give me a freaking break, the Giants won likely the best Super Bowl ever played, they went down the field and scored the winning TD with seconds remaining. No one is going to take that away from them, don't make stupid statements and "oh woe is the Giants" stuff up.

But just because the Giants won it all in 07 doesn't mean they are some lock to win it all in 08. They couldn't even win a home playoff game in 05 and 06, with pretty much the same roster. Dallas fades badly by the time the playoffs arrive, and Favre got to the point where the cold affected him last season which is why he retired. Playing the Patriots was the best possible Super Bowl match-up for the Giants last year, if it was the Colts and maybe the Chargers too they would have lost.

As for the season opener, it's a solid enough match-up I suppose. Better than the earlier season openers before the SB winner were hosts, and even then we had the Raiders @ the Patriots. I don't think the Redskins get back to the playoffs this year, but you'd think they would start the season strong ... except they've got new coaches in charge on both sides of the ball and usually it takes some time to adjust/gel.

Should be a fun game though, both teams notorious for flailing around when stricken with the injury bug should be very healthy. Division rivals hopefully make it a better game, although that wasn't the case last year with the MNF double-headers in CIN/BAL and ARI/SF. I'll watch it of course, it's the season opener and I like the Giants. Also like NFC East match-ups.

Last edited by Geo : 03-26-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
We've split with you 4 of the last 5 years, even under Spurrier.

I don't see how it's too wild of an assumption....

We beat you last year at home where Eli went for a stunning 18-53.
did you not see the wind, i remember you punted and it rolled all the way close to the 1. And it was still a close game.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
That's awfully cute, but foolishly and laughably wrong. Give me a freaking break, the Giants won likely the best Super Bowl ever played, they went down the field and scored the winning TD with seconds remaining. No one is going to take that away from them, don't make stupid statements and "oh woe is the Giants" stuff up.

But just because the Giants won it all in 07 doesn't mean they are some lock to win it all in 08. They couldn't even win a home playoff games in 05 and 06, with pretty much the same roster. Dallas fades badly by the time the playoffs arrive, and Favre got to the point where the cold affected him last season which is why he retired. Playing the Patriots was the best possible Super Bowl match-up for the Giants last year, if it was the Colts and maybe the Chargers too they would have lost.

As for the season opener, it's a solid enough match-up I suppose. Better than the earlier season openers before the SB winner were hosts, and even then we had the Raiders @ the Patriots. I don't think the Redskins get back to the playoffs this year, but you'd think they would start the season strong ... except they've got new coaches in charge on both sides of the ball and usually it takes some time to adjust/gel.
He is right though, last year the colts were getting so much credit and publicized, and the giants arent getting the credit they deserve; a week and a half after the superbowl it seemed like it had never happened.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-26-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
did you not see the wind, i remember you punted and it rolled all the way close to the 1. And it was still a close game.
Well Ladell Betts pretty much GAVE you the game in the first matchup in DC.

I commend the Giants for winning the superbowl, and yes I was rooting for them. Yes, it was one of the better performances I've seen as well. But recent history tells us that just about every one of our games are close (except that one 0-36 blowout when Mara died).
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Well Ladell Betts pretty much GAVE you the game in the first matchup in DC.
See, I'd blame the genius who replaced Clinton Portis with Ladell Freaking JAG Betts and took over the playcalling at the goal-line.