Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im going to do the NFC East

NYG: Gerris Wilkinson
Philly: Omar Gaither
Dallas: Anthony Fasano
Washington: Laron Landry

Let me explain my choices. Gerris Wilkinson bc nobody has heard of him really, but now that he'll get his chance to start this year, he's going to show what he can really do. He's exactly the kind of speed our LB core needs, and he's going to have a breakout season.

Omar Gaither i believe will play like one of the best MIKEs in the league this upcoming season. Outside the NFC East, I don't think many ppl know about him. If those DTs up front can do their job, he's going to beast it this year.

Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.

Laron Landry, yes everyone knows how good he is. But when he made the switch to FS, he played like arguably the best safety in the league right away, he was that good. I was extremely impressed with him when he made the switch and was allowed to ballhawk. I think this guy will make a serious run at being the best safety in the league next year. And by that assumption, I consider him underrated.

You gave me an idea...
Chicago- Desmond Clark
Detroit- Jon Kitna, i always see this guy running for his damn life, he'd be better if they had a half decent line and would stop saying theyre gonna win 10 games
Minnesota- Chad Greenway

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

For the Titans I do think Roos and Stewart are underrated but I think I'm gonna go with Cortland Finnegan. He's becoming one of the best young CB's in this league. I love watching him play. Being a 7th round draft pick he plays with a chip on his shoulder. People are starting to hear his name but I still think he's underrated...
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
It's got to be Aaron Smith for our squad. Top 2 34 DE in the game and his importance was cemented last year when we allowed 72 yards rushing per game all year and the last two games he didn't play because of torn biceps and we allowed like 160 yards rushing average those two games.

Also Larry Foote, he is even underrated by Steelers fans.
I agree with you TT. Ike Taylor is pretty underrated as well

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like Buffalo could claim a lot of those prizes on the 9ers does vernon davis fit that?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
is he? I like what Gaither brings to the MIKE position for them. He gave them a MIKE who can run down the seam and provide coverage in the middle.
I think they said Bradley will play MIKE...that's what they drafted him for.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I think most Titans' fans underrate the importance and impact LenDale White had last season. Other than that, while the OL gets respect as a whole, you'd be hard pressed to see Michael Roos or David Stewart get individual recognition when they make one of the league's better young OT tandems.
I'd say Roos, Stewart, and Finnegan. But Lendale? He was very average last year imo. Maybe Chris Hope can be thrown in the mix, doesn't seem to get much recognition.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Browns
FB - Lawrence Vickers
RG/RT - Ryan Tucker
DE/NT - Shaun Smith
SS - Sean Jones
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I second Aaron Smith. One of the most valuable players on the Steelers year in and year out. Not a big name though, because he's not a stats guy.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily Aaron smith for the steelers. He gets no respect as a 3-4 de but he is a key part of the defense and does his job well. The defense was clearly worse against the run when he out because he is a great run stopper. Easily one of the best 3-4 des in the game

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Easily Aaron smith for the steelers. He gets no respect as a 3-4 de but he is a key part of the defense and does his job well. The defense was clearly worse against the run when he out because he is a great run stopper. Easily one of the best 3-4 des in the game
I couldn't agree more....are defense really suffered without him.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC South

Jaguars: Daryl Smith. He's developed into a top-10 MLB over the last two years because of the opportunities given him due to Mike Peterson's injuries.
Colts: The entire offensive line unit.
Texans: Owen Daniels. He's been a very solid receiving TE for them the last couple years.
Tennessee: Keith Bulluck. He had a down-year this year, but before that his statistics were neck-and-neck with Derrick Brooks' after his first 7 seasons. I have no doubt he rebounds next year. He doesn't get a fourth of the pub he deserves.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Falcons I would say Roddy White, Michael Boley, and Jonathan Babineaux. White is great. Horrible quarterback play and still grabs over 80 catches for 1,200 receiving yards and six touchdowns? Insane. Boley is a top five strong side linebacker. 6'3" 240-245 pound linebacker who is fast, can blitz, and can cover great as well. Three sacks on Peyton Manning in one game is not easy to do. Babineaux is a stud. He gets in the backfield on running plays so often, and gets some pass rush too. He catches runningbacks from behind on counters and sweeps, and gets them on screens as well. I expect more of the same next year for Babineaux but more sacks.

All three are tremendously talented.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its hard naming an "underrated" cowboy bc they all tend to be overrated. I was going to pick Canty, but I feel that Fasano is a very good TE talent rotting on the bench. If he's given a chance, I think he can really produce on a football field. The thing is, Garret runs a spread offense and doesn't really use 2 TE sets at all, and Fasano is not going to beat out Witten for the starting job, so he's just wasting away on the bench.
Im glad you said it because when I did awhile back I got blasted for it by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atari Bigby-S
Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go with Ryan Lindell, he is quite underrated.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Vickers.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderFan
Rookie

RaiderFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Wow for the Raiders this is tough. Someone mentioned Fargas, but I think he gained a lot of respect for how he played in the 2nd half of the season. I am going to go out on a different track and say that Robert Gallery is the most underrated player on our roster. I think most of the football community is well aware of the fact that Gallery has been a colossal disappointment since being the most highly regarded OT prospect since Boselli/Pace. What most probably don't know is Gallery turned into a solid LG last year. Since most ppl would still put "Robert Gallery" and "sucks" in the same sentence, that makes him the most underrated player on the team in my books.
I agree Robert Gallery was a Major Contributor in The Raiders run game last year.
RaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't really have any cuz we all suck.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahri Evans, Scott Fujita, Mike McKenzie & Mike Karney.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeDe Dorsey for Cincinnati hands down. The dude is a beast. In 2007 he blocked a punt on special teams, he had 183 yards on 21 carries. Worst part is the team has him at 3rd string, when I think he could possibly start over rudi, and certainly should be ahead of kenny watson.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jabari Greer. Played really well last year when he was thrust into a starting role due to injuries.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texans

Offense: Eric Winston- 3rd round pick who became a full-time starter during his rookie year, should be a staple of our OL.

Defense: Fred Bennett- Another 3rd rounder who assume a starting role during his rookie year. Had a couple INTs during tha time, will be our CB for years to come.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Jabari Greer. Played really well last year when he was thrust into a starting role due to injuries.
Aw yeah, hometown boy. My buddy played ball with him, said he'd never seen anyone that fast and quick. He just wondered if Jabari was big enough....guess he is.

I followed him close at UT and watch him every time I see Buffalo. I know he only played nickle a lot, but he always looked solid out there when given a chance. I hope he stays a starter.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I would add Kevin Burnett.
I wanted to put him, but he doesn't see the field enough
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote