Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 03-07-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltHype View Post
who is there in the FA market???
Slim Pickins? He was hurt last year, but has some monster tools. Seriously though. Pray for Dewayne Bowe.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy brown is restricted free agents, donte stallworth i dont know if he signed yet but it says it in the site im looking at.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Troy brown is restricted free agents, donte stallworth i dont know if he signed yet but it says it in the site im looking at.
exactly, there isnt anybody out there. we resigned floyd today.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Curtis wants to play here, but I don't think we've shown him any interest at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

I don't think we even consider an ILB on the first day of the draft. Coop and Wilhelm were not given 5 year deals worth starterís money to ride the bench. I bet we draft an OLB higher than an ILB because we need more depth there other than Harris.

I think we will definitely draft a WR and S on the first day along with some offensive and defensive line depth. I read on another website that the Chargers were very interested in Josh Gattis for SS and Kareem Brown to move to DE.

As far as WR I think we may just end up drafting the best possible guy left. I like Bowe and Jarrett but neither of them fit what we need. They are both big possession receivers, which we already have plenty of. A fast deep threat and a guy who can get big yardage after the catch is what we need.
defensiveback23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well if your smart with a young team I would try and stockpile a pick or 2 and trade down into the early part of the 2nd round like with San Fran or with Miami and pick up another pick on day 2 or late day 1 next year. Reciever has a lot of players that arent worth 1st round unless Dwayne Jarrett is there. Or with all of the RB's you could draft a back up to LT and trade Michael Turner and #30 to a team like Green Bay who might over value him and allow you to move up and pick up another pick on Day 2 then you could pick Robert Meacham or someone like Patrick Willis....
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivixzoner View Post
Chargers will pick up Michael Griffen.
I didn't know it was so easy to predict the 30th pick in the draft. Wow you must be a psychic or something

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think your move is utilizing what you have in young depth... and everyone is coveting it ! easy to find a vet or a young back up to LT... Trade Turner and the #30 to someone looking for a RB and get a top flight WR or Patrick Willis or maybe a LaRon Landry if he falls...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Moving on up!!

I am hoping that Landry falls past Atlanta at #10, then he should be there at #12 when the Bills pick. AJ picks up the phone and talks with his old buddy Marv Levy....the Bills decide Turner is a better answer than Marshawn Lynch, and BAM we get the best safety in the draft!!!! Our #30 and Turner should be plenty to move up to #12.

We address WR, OLine and ILB/DLine with our other 4 day 1 picks (I expect we will get two 3rd rounders for losing Brees, and the other free agents who left and contributed to other teams like Leber and Reche Caldwell).

2007 is gonna be remembered as the draft when AJ trades up for the first time in his young career as GM to get the safety we need to win a Lombardi!!! In this scenario I also would take Nelson, although that is more of a reach at #12 than Landry.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergo23 View Post
I am hoping that Landry falls past Atlanta at #10, then he should be there at #12 when the Bills pick. AJ picks up the phone and talks with his old buddy Marv Levy....the Bills decide Turner is a better answer than Marshawn Lynch, and BAM we get the best safety in the draft!!!! Our #30 and Turner should be plenty to move up to #12.

We address WR, OLine and ILB/DLine with our other 4 day 1 picks (I expect we will get two 3rd rounders for losing Brees, and the other free agents who left and contributed to other teams like Leber and Reche Caldwell).

2007 is gonna be remembered as the draft when AJ trades up for the first time in his young career as GM to get the safety we need to win a Lombardi!!! In this scenario I also would take Nelson, although that is more of a reach at #12 than Landry.
I do see a trade up possibly brewing out of AJ, but it would be more likely he tries to get Nelson than Landry, Landry would cost the team way too much to attain, though I wish there was some way we could get him. Also I doubt it would be the 12 pick we target, as that may be a little to early for Nelson, but you never know. As for the comp picks though, I have a feeling it won't be as much as everyone expects. I would expect a 3rd rounder for Brees, and a 6th or so for Caldwell. Leber played well for Minn, but he is cancelled out by the addition of McCree, not to mention there were a good number of other teams worthy of comp picks as well.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would be a gift from god if meachem fell to the 30th pick, cant go wrong with a 6"3 4.39 40 guy who put up dirty numbers in college. if he doesnt fall they should look to the griffin cuz i cant trust drafting DJ who could be one of the slower recievers in the draft. The chargers already have a big guy with VJ they need a speedster now.
Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Rather not have Rice. I'd much rather have Jason Hill right now. We need some big play recievers to complement VJ. Hill's a polished reciever, but also a home run hitting deep threat.

As far as Safety, lets see how Griffin and Weddle work out. I've said I really like Weddle personally, but we'll see how they work out. You could throw Meriweather into that group as well.

I'd rather us have Robert Meachem then Sidney Rice. We need someone to stretch the field and Robert Meachem is the fastest after Teddy Ginn, Jr. I don't think that they will draft a MLB b/c I think they re-signed Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm to long term deals. They are confident in their backups due to previous success (Shaun Phillips, Phillip Rivers, Kris Dielman). They are confident in each player, they draft and expect each player to contribute. If they go DEF then it will be S b/c of Terrence Kiel inability to cover the pass and stay out of jail.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
I'd rather us have Robert Meachem then Sidney Rice. We need someone to stretch the field and Robert Meachem is the fastest after Teddy Ginn, Jr. I don't think that they will draft a MLB b/c I think they re-signed Stephen Cooper and Matt Wilhelm to long term deals. They are confident in their backups due to previous success (Shaun Phillips, Phillip Rivers, Kris Dielman). They are confident in each player, they draft and expect each player to contribute. If they go DEF then it will be S b/c of Terrence Kiel inability to cover the pass and stay out of jail.

Oh without a doubt. For me, Meachem is my #2 receiver behind Calvin Johnson and I mocked him as high as #11 to the 49ers. Needless to say I would be ecstatic if Meachem fell to the Chargers, but I dont think it will happen. Ginn Jr. could, could fall. His stock seems to be dropping with all these defensive players moving up.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Won't be as good as last year's #1

It would be interesting if we got Tennessee's #19 again, but he won't be another CRO!!!!
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still just think we need to stay where we are at and get the best safty there is left.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i still just think we need to stay where we are at and get the best safty there is left.
What if the top four (some combination of Landry/Nelson/Griffin/Merriweather) are all gone though. I know that's not likely but it could happen. Would you want to reach for another safety, take another position, or trade down? Drafting based on need doesn't seem like something I think AJ would do though, rather BPA, so I don't know if being deadset on a safety is a good thing (although it's something I would want depending on the caliber player)
Old 04-03-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Its something we need i know we need some work on WR position but imo its the secondary that needs more work. So pick up the next best safty left.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Its something we need i know we need some work on WR position but imo its the secondary that needs more work. So pick up the next best safty left.
I agree on the secondary needing the most work (I trust Mccree but none of our other safeties right now) but in a situation like that, I would like to see a trade down if possible, we could still pick up the same next safety but lower down, and get who knows out of it, but with AJ picking that could turn into a probowler.