Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm all against drafting a Guard on Day 1. We don't need Deilman. I'm not losing a wink of sleep over not getting him. There are a TON of other guys.
Exactly :D

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Like who? Dockery?
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm all against drafting a Guard on Day 1. We don't need Deilman. I'm not losing a wink of sleep over not getting him. There are a TON of other guys.
Let me get this straight, you want to sign a LT, pay him a top dollars and move him to play RG. I believe we could do the same thing by moving Adams to the RG. It doesn't make sense to me if we sign Davis if people are thinking release Adams.

After we signed AJ, we could have Andre Gurode as second option.

I am all for drafting a guard.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone thinks of Leonard as an OT anymore. If you can get him for Kosier type money, it's a good deal. Geroude type money is a little steep, I think.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't think anyone thinks of Leonard as an OT anymore. If you can get him for Kosier type money, it's a good deal. Geroude type money is a little steep, I think.
yea he is built like a gaurd and valued as a gaurd to us . unless we move adams to RG. but having versatile players can only be a plus i think. :)

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
According to published reports, the race to sign Davis has come down to two teams: The Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers .

For either team, Davis makes sense on paper: The Cowboys need a left guard and the 49ers need a right guard. Not only does his acquisition potentially address the needs of both organizations, but both clubs have enough room under the cap to throw some serious cash at him.
Here is another tidbit on the cowboys and Leonard Davis.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here is another tidbit on the cowboys and Leonard Davis.
Who wants to "throw serious cash" that direction? Not only is he rather large for the position, it would be a position change... How many times do we have to experiment position changes along our OL?

Gah. Whatever happens happens... I'd rather it be this than spending a high draft pick on Guard.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who wants to "throw serious cash" that direction? Not only is he rather large for the position, it would be a position change... How many times do we have to experiment position changes along our OL?

Gah. Whatever happens happens... I'd rather it be this than spending a high draft pick on Guard.

He has experience at both positions and he plays Guard better than Tackle now, anway.

FYI...Leonard played guard his first three or so years in the league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-28-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has experience at both positions and he plays Guard better than Tackle now, anway.
So you say...

Side note: We have the same discussion going on in 2 different threads... It's irritating. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
So you say...

Side note: We have the same discussion going on in 2 different threads... It's irritating. LOL.
Yeah it is. ha. I still prefer the old set up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As for the hometown discout... That would be very nice. It's gonna get interesting in the next few weeks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not get into a bidding war for him. If it goes over Kosier type money, I'm out. Let the 49ers have him.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys | Talks with L. Davis heating up
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 23:22:00 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports talks between the Dallas Cowboys and free agent OT Leonard Davis (Cardinals) are heating up. Davis has not scheduled a trip because he is negotiating with at least three NFC East teams.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

One reason I like Davis is his versatility. Sure he's not a superstar left tackle, but he certainly does have more experience at the position than Pat McQuistan, and I definitely think he's better than an againg Jason Fabini. I'm a little apprehensive about his ability to play guard, but something tells me that he could manage. Nevertheless, I'd be more comfortable with a pure guard like Derrick Dockery.

We still aren't sure, however, that Rivera is completely gone. That's another reason why Davis would make sense...we could sign him and then plug him at whatever spot he is needed, whereas if you did sign a Dielman or Dockery, you're basically giving him the starting spot. I'm not sure the organization is ready to do that yet.