Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought b dawks deal is up next year, he only signed a two year deal, this year or was it an extension
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've got his for at least two more years.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Just thought I would put it out there, the Bucs signed Jeff Garcia. I for one am very happy, I didn't want him to end up with the Raiders. He is too good of a player to suffer through that kind of situation.
And Mike Lewis signed with SF. I posted this earlier but for some reason it got deleted. These boards really have some random posts dissapear.

Thanks to jkpigskin

Last edited by Dillen : 03-03-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I thought Lewis signed with the Niners...

Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, he did. I was still thinking about your post and Garcia.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
DragonMekha
Veteran

DragonMekha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
If the Eagles don't start making some noise in FA I'm gonna lose it. I need a little more activity. Even if they are small signings I don't care, I just want something!
I dont think there is gonna be alot of news from the Eagles this FA.Im guessing depending on whether they re-sign Stallworth or not,they may bring in Moulds or Horn for a veteran WR for a year or two and continue to develop our young guys.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Any eagles fan that didn't forsee this is kidding themselves. Personally I am quite happy with the fact that they got Juqua Thomas and Quintin Mikell re-signed. The only other things they may do is bring in a RB and vet WR.

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah we need to give our already rb's a shot that we have, unless we pick up a bruiser rb from FA i dont see many out there except for T.J.

YES vet WR i like Moulds so far no long line of injury
Also Patrick Crayton is there, but so far not much experince same as Brown
Bobby Engram is another choice
Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I don't see us going after another WR besides Donte in FA. Even though we may not believe in out young WRs, the Eagles FO does. We may go after a RB, but I am not sold on that idea yet. I heard Chris Brown was in meetings with Philly earlier this week, but I doubt he is a possibility, he would be too expensive. I personally wouldn't mind having T.J. Duckett on our team, but I beleive there are better options through the draft, even in the later rounds. The only thing the FO could go after would be a big, fun-stuffing DT to use in our rotation. If that would be so, that would all but announce to the world that we are trading Darwin Walker. I think we need a run-stuffer at DT to complete the D-line. It would help improve our defense, along with a SS and maybe a LB, most likely MLB.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if we give Bunk a chance he can stuff the run effectively. He's extremely strong, and short so he can get good leverage, but to play it safe we may need to bring in a massive FA DT.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?
Bigp5437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigp5437 View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to know what you all thought of this. I know TE isn't really a need, but to me I'm still not fully sold on Schobel after last season even though he did step things up towards the end of the season. Daniel Graham is one possibility, he's closer to a complete tight end than what we have right now, even though LJ's a better reciever and has improved blocking wise. And Randy McMichael just got cut today, he's a better reciever than Schobel IMO. I know it's probably unlikely that the Eagles would go after either one, but it's slighty wishful thinking, in the hopefully unlikely case that LJ is let go after this upcoming season. But what do you all think?
I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefepowhnzer View Post
I think both Graham and McMichael would both be commanding a #1 TE's salary, so a no to both(not to mention McMichaels legal woes). Personally, I feel comfortable with LJ at TE and would rather draft a TE than spend the money in FA.
I agree with you on that one.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very much agree. McMichael also can't seem to stop smacking his wife around. He has off the field issues, and he also has taken steps back in the past 2 seasons. He is not as dynamic a weapon as you'd think.

I like Graham a ton, but, as I said when it was rumored he'd signed with Denver, I don't see him wanting any sort of complementary role. He has the skills of a #1 TE. If I were him, I'd want to start and get paid as a starter. He won't get that in Philly.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I agree, Graham is most likely going to land in Denver. If not, I've heard Seattle has shown interest in him as well. I say it is very likely he ends up with either of those two teams. He would be too expensive anyway.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I heard from NFL Networtk from Adam Shefter that the Eagles are targeting Donnie Edwards, OLB from the Chargers. He said that the Cheifs may be looking at him, but would have to beat out the Eagles and some other team. What would you think if we were to sign him?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love that move actually. I think Donnie still has a least a good season or two decent ones left in him, enough to merit us signing him for a year or two. And he could definitely be a mentor for our young players as well. I don't think he'd be too costly, if I remember correctly he wasn't too happy the last year or so in SD, so he's glad to be out of there.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

THat would be a good move as long as those 2 3 years arent to costly like Jamal Lewis 1 year 3.5 million He could replace Dahni Jones
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I would not like that signing. There are plenty of better players we could sign with our limited cap space. Donnie would have to switch systems entirely. He has been declining the past couple of seasons, which has been masked by how dominant the defense has been, but I think he would have a rough time on our strongside. He is too old, we should pursue Stallworth, Hamlin, or both.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I still think Donnie's got it in him. He is small at 230 lbs, but plays big and would be an improvement over the bowtie. I would much rather have Donte or Hamlin though.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Just heard on NFL Network that The Eagles are the front-runners in signing Corey Dillon. They haven't done so yet, and there are teams he is still visiting, but Adam Schefter said the Eagles were the front-runners.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Hmmm, Corey Dillon is interesting, but unless we're signing him cheap I don't want him.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thats exactly how I feel.