Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Lito Trade Still Coming

http://www.charlotte.com/317/story/558973.html

Source: Philadelphia to trade cornerback
Sheppard deal expected to happen before draft
Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA --The meat between the start of free agency and next month's NFL draft remains the same for the Eagles.

They're still planning to serve a Lito Sheppard sandwich to whichever team is willing to pay the highest price for the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback. Despite some sentiment that the Eagles would be better served by keeping Sheppard and moving Sheldon Brown to safety, the trade scenario remains far more likely.

Trade talks concerning Sheppard figure to pick up this week at the owners' meetings, which take place today through Wednesday in West Palm Beach, Fla.

A team source said the Eagles already have received some significant offers for the cornerback and will continue to listen. A deal is likely to get done before the start of the April 26 draft.

The Eagles have been told by several teams that they will make offers after they finalize their draft boards. With the draft less than a month away, those offers should be coming soon.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think we should make a push for Lito.. It seems we love to pick up injured or coming off an injury type players.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-30-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Ravens will be happy to swap picks, and give like a 4th or 5th for Lito.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

As long as we dont give up what ATL got for D.Hall I would be ok. But im sure they are going to want something preaty close to that IMO.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-30-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news, the Cowboy killer can move on to another team, not sure who the big players are as far as whose interested since the rumors have died down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad you guys are already paying a combined $34 million to Jason David and Randall ***.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David
lol is that a joke?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
lol is that a joke?
Yes it is. I just want to pond him off on another team that all.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd take him on the Jets....

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.
I agree GEO, I think he is a great CB and I have always liked him. I would love to pick him up. And I agree that they would cut Mike. And if we had him at least he would not be able to rock R.Bush like he did in the past. Man that was a big hit.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this, I'd love to see the Jets make a move for Lito. Yeah, he's injury prone, but so was Charles Woodson once upon a time and look how well that worked for Green Bay.

With the moves the Jets have made and positions they have already addressed, #2 cornerback is a heck of a lot closer to the top of the list of Jets needs than it once was.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think that the Eagles and Pats will engineer a trade which sends Lito to New England. Which would be an excellent move for New England.

Although certainly, the Cardinals would benefit if they could get Sheppard, giving them a starter and playmaker at corner as they have at safety with Adrian Wilson. I'd think they could afford to sign him long-term, but somehow they've reached to the cap currently, and still have some guys they need to sign long-term. Funny how things change in a few years, I suppose.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC needs a starter opposite Surtain.He'd look awfully good in Red and Gold
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im willing to give up one of our 3rd round picks and maybe like a 6th round pick for a guy like lito, who would significantly upgrade our poor secondary immediately

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Miami Dolphins Should Trade 58th Overall Pick for Philadelphia Eagles Corner Lito Sheppard
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh... the lions trade... eh.... ah screw it... we won't.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

If I were Philly, I would do everything I could to get Anquan Boldin.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.
Good to know, bud. I was under the assumption he wasn't as close health-wise. Granted, not sure how long-term a solution McKenzie is, but he's more than capable as a starter when healthy. He's currently signed through 2009.

With the talent the Saints have at corner - McKenzie/ Jason David/ Randall G/ Jason Craft (exceptional nickel corner in 06)/ Usama Young - an early draft pick at CB might not be as given as some think it to be. If the BPA is a corner at #10, obviously it wouldn't be a bad move at all, but I don't think it's a given - I could see them instead bolstering the core with another mid-round pick, an unheralded prospect like Young, meanwhile using the earlier picks at other positions. Maybe free safety is the bigger need, with Bullocks is in the last year of his rookie deal.

But if Sheppard comes over, he's starting of course.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?
everyone and your mother should be pursuing him.

Teams because he is a good player in man press, and WHEN HEALTHY (very little of the time 100%) he is a great player.

Your mother because he will get a fat wad of cash eventually.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd soften the blow of losing DeAngelo some. It would probably take a 2nd though, which I probably wouldn't pony up. Because we would be essentially trading Hall for Sheppard.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I were Philly, I would do everything I could to get Anquan Boldin.
Why would Arizona do that? Ive been inclined to believe they would keep Boldin over Fitz if they had to, he's the captain of the offense and has been a leader, I dont think they would think about trading him just to get another corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote