Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Zbikowski_9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok, so i am a complete idiot for saying it is possible that Chris Long could fall to 5, now Scott has him going at 6 - so is he an idiot too?

Just all those people that wrote me off acting like they know everything - now more and more people are suggesting he could go later. Not realy the experts you thought you were: Crickett, Raidernation, The Legend ect
Zbikowski_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I guess I was dead wrong there. Chris Long's plummet in the draft was completely unprecendented. I guess I just haven't figured this NFL draft thing out. He was right there.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yeah, I guess I was dead wrong there. Chris Long's plummet in the draft was completely unprecendented. I guess I just haven't figured this NFL draft thing out. He was right there.
I never said it was probable, i said it was possible and it DEFINATLY was probable. Miami locked up Jake Long prior to the draft and Chris Long was not even second on their board and they made no effort to sigh Chris Long.

The Rams juggled Long and Dorsey and it was a 50-50 call, if they went the other way Atlanta definatly would have passed, Oakland had McFadden on top of their board and even wanted to trade up to make sure they got him if the Jets traded up. That would have left him at no. 5.

Now it is easy to be a smart a ss and come here after the draft but you ridiculed me that the thought of Long falling to 5 was ridiculas (sp) when it could have easily happened.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbikowski_9 View Post
I never said it was probable, i said it was possible and it DEFINATLY was probable. Miami locked up Jake Long prior to the draft and Chris Long was not even second on their board and they made no effort to sigh Chris Long.

The Rams juggled Long and Dorsey and it was a 50-50 call, if they went the other way Atlanta definatly would have passed, Oakland had McFadden on top of their board and even wanted to trade up to make sure they got him if the Jets traded up. That would have left him at no. 5.

Now it is easy to be a smart a ss and come here after the draft but you ridiculed me that the thought of Long falling to 5 was ridiculas (sp) when it could have easily happened.

Long falling to 5 was ridiculous. Which is why when he didn't go #1, he dropped all the way down to #2. And you're right, it is easy to be a smart a ss and come in here AFTER YOU'VE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT.

I mean, it didn't stop you with you incontrovertable evidence of Scott had it happen in a mock draft.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I mean, it didn't stop you with you incontrovertable evidence of Scott had it happen in a mock draft.
Nice word.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Nice word.
Actually spelled it wrong. :o
Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
Long falling to 5 was ridiculous. Which is why when he didn't go #1, he dropped all the way down to #2. And you're right, it is easy to be a smart a ss and come in here AFTER YOU'VE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT.

How is it ridiculous when there was a 50-50 chance that the Rams would go Dorsey over Long, and if that were to happen barring a trade there was a 99% chance he would fall to 5.

That is not ridiculous by any means it was virtualy a 50% chance and if you cant see that you realy are a tool.

And that 'incontrovertable evidence' was a case of me saying i am not the only one with this idea (for which i was written-off as being stupid). The main argument against me was that the Raiders would take him no one even thought the Rams would, and the raiders had DMac higher on their board.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
How is it ridiculous when there was a 50-50 chance that the Rams would go Dorsey over Long, and if that were to happen barring a trade there was a 99% chance he would fall to 5.

That is not ridiculous by any means it was virtualy a 50% chance and if you cant see that you realy are a tool.
50% chance my ***. The Rams are a team with a lot of youth and a fair amount of talent at defensive tackle, a veteran leader in Laroi Glover and a bunch of aging vets at DE who simply didn't get the job done last year.

But by all means, continue name calling. Chris Long was drafted second, and there was a ZERO PERCENT chance, NONE, that he was going to last to #5. If you think there was, you need to take a closer look at teams you know less about than you think.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Zbikowski_9
Rookie

Quote:
50% chance my ***. The Rams are a team with a lot of youth and a fair amount of talent at defensive tackle, a veteran leader in Laroi Glover and a bunch of aging vets at DE who simply didn't get the job done last year.

But by all means, continue name calling. Chris Long was drafted second, and there was a ZERO PERCENT chance, NONE, that he was going to last to #5. If you think there was, you need to take a closer look at teams you know less about than you think.
Can you tell me then.
-The falcons spent their top pick on a LE last year and have money invested in the productive right end Abraham. They would take Ryan over him and prob Dorsey and others too.
-The raiders, who in my opinion would have benifited gretly from Dorsey or Chris Long if he was on the board, had McFadden on the top of their board. So despite what they should have done - they would pass

So barring a trade up into the top 4, which proved hard to do (see the NO Saints as an example), i dont see who would have taken him had the Rams chosen Dorsey.

And to say there was ZERO percent chance shows that there is no changing your mind. It was well documented that there was a real split and debate over the no. 2 pick so to say ZERO percent chance is stupid. I think they made the right choice coz Carriker suits playing on the inside but including Glover in your arguement was silly if you are at the same time refering to aging vets on the outside
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Can you tell me then.
-The falcons spent their top pick on a LE last year and have money invested in the productive right end Abraham. They would take Ryan over him and prob Dorsey and others too.
-The raiders, who in my opinion would have benifited gretly from Dorsey or Chris Long if he was on the board, had McFadden on the top of their board. So despite what they should have done - they would pass
No, I think the Falcons would have passed on him.

Not the Raiders though. Yeah, they passed on Vernon Gholston even though he would have filled a need but..... Vernon Gholston isn't the son of a former Oakland Raiders hall of famer. Now, I'm usually someone who doesn't like to take lineage into account when predicting future success, but I can't imagine they would have passed on him for anyone.

Quote:
And to say there was ZERO percent chance shows that there is no changing your mind. It was well documented that there was a real split and debate over the no. 2 pick so to say ZERO percent chance is stupid. I think they made the right choice coz Carriker suits playing on the inside but including Glover in your arguement was silly if you are at the same time refering to aging vets on the outside
Laroi Glover is the one aging vet at DT where the Rams have a bunch of young guys at DT.

At DE, both starters at aging, and they don't really have any depth there.

I mean, last year, only three players on the Rams roster had more than 2 sacks last year.

Corey Chavous, who is a safety.
Laroi Glover, who is a defensive tackle.
Will Witherspoon, who is an outside linebacker