My Rams mock
Just board and thought I would do a mock draft.
1st Round: Jake Long OT Michigan
- The Rams number 1 priority has to be keeping Bulger healthy. You plug Jake Long at RG for a few seasons until Orlando Pace calls it quits. With Jake Long the Rams would have an awesome O-Line that would give Bulger time to throw the ball and give Jackson holes to run through.
2nd Round: Quentin Groves DE Auburn
- Miami takes Chris Long with the #1 pick and I don't think Vernon is worth taking that high. Groves is a 3-4 OLB but can play 4-3 DE at 260 pounds he is right around Leonard Little's weight. The Rams could do something where they have James Hall played RDE on Running downs and Quentin Groves playing RDE on passing downs.
3rd Round: Antoine Cason CB Arizona
- I don't think he will be there in the 3rd round but from everything I've read, he is a late 2nd-early 3rd round pick. With the Fakhir situation, the Rams better be looking at a CB.
4th Round: William Franklin WR Missouri
- His stock is really rising after his good combine showing and his great proday. Has the speed to stretch the field, something the Rams need. Also isn't afraid to go across the middle and would be a perfect WR for the Rams in the slot.
5th Round: Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
- Rams need to bring in a guy they can develop, I don't think Brock Berlin is that guy. Ainge has everything you look for in a QB and has played against good competition in college. In a few years he could be a very valuable player for the Rams.
6th Round: Frank Okam DT Texas
- His lack of motor is what will drop Okam on draft day. He is a 1st round talent but doesn't seem to have the desire you look for in a football player. It looks like Haslett has turned on Claude Wroten's light bulb (he has been working out at Rams park every day this offseason) maybe he can do the same for Okam.
6th Round(from denver): Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
- He has some off the field issues and had a horrible senior bowl and Combine, Ran a horrible 40-time. But at this stage in the draft how can the Rams pass on someone with his talent?
7th Round: Jeremy Leman ILB/OLB Illinois
- Leman has experience at both Inside and outside Linebacker spots. He would be a valuable backup to the Rams.
7th Round(comp. pick): Pig Browm SS Missouri
- I love this kid. He has everything you look for in a safety. He was voted team captain by his teammates after just 1 year on campus. He is great in run support and is a ballhawking safety. If he hadn't gotten injured halfway through last season he would of been metioned for All-American honors and at the very least would of been 1st team All-Big 12.