Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Let it begin....

Who wins the division this year?? I know this is gonna be weird but I think the Browns are the favorites to win it. I think the Steelers can beat the Browns but our schedule is too damn brutal. I don't know....It will again be another close race for the title.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's the Steelers to lose.

Can Cleveland back up last year?
Can Cincinnati have health on defense and not let the off field BS bother the team?
Ravens are screwed.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
AllDayFootball724
Rookie

AllDayFootball724 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its between the poops and Steelers. Raven no chance and Cincinnati no D again. I think the browns win it because no team has won the division 2 years in a row.
AllDayFootball724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns IMO, Got Stallworth on O will take pressure off of J Lewis, Winslow, and Edwards. Defense needs to improve though.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its steelers and the browns for me, with the steelers slightly ahead. the browns played good football last year but we will see if they can do it again. they got some good d-linemen so that will help. they are improving in the trenches and that makes them a lot better.

i dont see next year as a good year for the ravens. no set/good QB, young o-line, ogden probably retiring. they will be helped out with the return of a health Heap, Pryce, McAllister and Rolle, who all missed time. it hurts the ravens d a ton when they lose their corners because they have currently no depth and those backups cant get left on an island when they blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

The Browns barely lost to the Steelers there 2nd time playing last year by a dropped pass to Edwards. I think they have gotten alot better this year and the Steelers have did nothing but get worse (pre-draft) by losing Faneca.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I love about the AFC north is how unpredictable each team can be when playing each other. I'm not necessarily saying the win / lose columns aren't predictable, but it feels like the competition goes up a notch when two teams in the AFC North face off that you see players who normally are just kinda average really play well.

I'm excited. I think all 4 teams are still in the running. Ravens look kind of screwed because they have so much change going on over there - but they still have a great veteran defense that is capable of stopping any offense. Their only question is how are they going to fill that missing passing game.

Cincinnati is possibly the worst team. We have no run game & no defense. However, we're not completely out - our defense is starting to turn and I feel like we have enough RB's that we can eventually get a running game going. Bengals only need 2-3 starters out of this draft, which isn't bad at all compared to the majority of the teams in this league - our draft will predict our future better.

Browns fixed their O-line last year, and they fixed their D-line this off season. And obviously its very cliche, but football starts on the line. I don't know of Jamal can run full speed this year, but if he does the browns also have a good running game. With their passing game they have stallworth / Edwards / Winslow - and Derek Anderson passing. I think if the browns have trouble this year, it'll be because Derek Anderson isn't performing well.

Steelers are always at least decent. Not much to even say here, still a strong D, still a strong running game, still a strong passing game. They need to address offensive line in this draft or else they risk their passing game.

Looking over it all though, I think every team here is capable of winning the AFC North - which I'm not sure I can say about many other division.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

1. Browns
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Ravens

The Bengals have chemistry problems IMO and if they dont clean them up there team will be horible this year. Assuming they get some new found leadership, they have 2 young CB's a safety, Peko, and some healthy LB's to pair with Thurman to make a difference.

Im not sure who or what side of the ball they will draft to improve, but they better get a RB because you cant count on Perry and Irons and if Rudi has the season he had last year, this team cannot be successful in colder months.

If they think that Jones/Anderson will be healthy this year, I think they should wait on an OL in the 1st. I also think that rookie DT's struggle in their rookie seasons. This team might get the most in the short term (to save Lewis job, the future is pointless) out of a RB like Rashard Mendenhall.

IMO

RD1 - Mendenhall - He will push Rudi, give them offense in the cold months, and rookie RB's allways seem to produce and learn the system fast. Instant upgrade for now and later.

In the next couple of rounds I would solidify the DL and OL depth in hopes of finding a starter.

i also forgot to mention Ahmed Brooks who I think once healthy will be on a terror. The Bengals pass rush might be the worst in the league this year however.

The safer pick could have easily been the Steelers, but Im not willing to be conservative in a division that allways surprises.

Last edited by DawgBone : 04-16-2008 at 10:19 AM.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I think the Browns trades are going to come back to hurt them. Shaun Rodgers has always been considered lazy. In the 3-4 he's going to be asked to take on multiple blockers every snap without the gratification of sacks or many tackles. I just see a guy like him not giving it his all every down. Corey Williams, I guess he'll play DE? He's pretty big for a 3-4 DE and has never played the position before.

The Browns don't have a pick in the first three rounds. That's putting a lot of faith in those trades. I think they're going to regret it.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if the season started today the browns take the division.... depending on the draft the steelers can overtake them.... i think the ravens and bengals are fighting for 3rd

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteeagle View Post
if the season started today the browns take the division.... depending on the draft the steelers can overtake them.... i think the ravens and bengals are fighting for 3rd
Pretty much. Posting to get this in my subscribed threads.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on us winning it, but the Steelers do have a tougher schedule and they lost their best offensive lineman, with questions remaining at free safety and on the o-line even more so than last year. The Browns defense was the worst I've ever seen it since 1999 last season, so I don't think we'll be nearly as bad especially with Rogers and Williams. I wouldn't sleep on Cincinnati though, even with the trouble with Johnson and losing Henry their offense might explode again if Rudi returns to form. I have the same feeling about Cincy this year that I had about Tampa last year (a feeling Tampa fans called me crazy for when I predicted them to win the NFC South last year). Baltimore wont win the division with Boller or an inexperienced QB, but they could win 8 games easily with their defensive personnel.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For one thing, Faneca wasn't even our best O-lineman last season. He played horribly, either cause he had no motivation or he just had a bad year. I think the signing of Hartwig, as well as the draft hopefully, will help the O-line. Getting Colon to guard and Mahan out of a starting spot should make that unit better instantly. Injuries battered the O-line at the end of the season so hopefully a heathy Starks and Smith can help.

On defense, I see the only hole at FS. Woodley and Timmons are both expected to take starting spots and that should help out our pass rush. Clark played great at FS before getting injured and he is in great shape apparently. I think this defense could be dominant if Clark can come back 100%.

I think the division comes down to the Steelers and the Browns. A few questions on each team and theres not a clear cut winner. Its going to be who can win the heard to head matchups. The Browns are going through a huge mental change as they havn't ever had to play this many primetime games since they came back into the league. Will they be able to handle it and repeat a great season? Their talent says yes but only time will tell.

I'll look toward week two Steelers @ Browns as a huge indicator of who wins this division. Week 17 Browns @ Steelers could be the decider, and I'm glad it in Pittsburgh not in Cleveland for that reason.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
eliteeagle
Rookie

eliteeagle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ahhh nice job pittsburgh on the draft today.... how could dallas pass on mendenhall and let u guys get him.....

thank god we (hopefully) shored up our D-Line... that mendenhall parker duo is gonna be deadly

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle
eliteeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers really did alot to bolster their offense this offseason to pair it up with a defense that I think is better than the defense that was #1 last year. I really believe with these additions the only hole we have is O-line and even that unit will got better with the addition of Hatwig. I'll take Smith-Kemoeatu-Hartwig-Colon-Starks over Smith-Faneca-Mahan-Simmons-Colon anyday.

Should be a great division race. I'm excited for Pittsburgh @ Cleveland week 2

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How's everyone doing ?? New around these parts...

The AFCN has an absolute brutal schedule all the way around from top to bottom...

I still see the Steelers as the team most probable of taking the North this season. They are a well ran and well coached organization that year after year has a better than average draft. Big Ben has his tall receiver in Sweed, but I'm waiting to see how the o-line is going to reload. Maybe a "reasonable" Steelers fan can give some good insight on that one.

The Browns are in a good position to take the North this year as well with the off season additions they have made. Personally I would like to see Quinn get a shot at running that offense, but either way, I think they will have a good season and have a real chance at taking the Division.

The Ravens are definitely a team in a rebuilding phase. New coach, new QB (who's that going to be anyway?) but a defense that still will be able to keep them in games. As much as I have been jealous of the defense the Ravens have been able to field, I just can't see it being enough to make them challenge for the Division this year.

Lastly, my Bengals... I think the offense needs to find a way to get their running game back in line and get Carson some protection. Without the offense putting the points on the board, our defense will have it's hands full. The defense will be improved (Hard not to when you suck) but who knows to what extent ?? Rivers will make a HUGE impact for our LB corps, but there is to much uncertainty with Odell and Ahmed (I like to punch women) Brooks. Hopefully with the addition of Odom and some extra beef in the middle of our D-line will enable a greater pass rush this year. Without an improved pass rush, I expect much of the same from last year. Bottomline though is much of the same was still enough to sweep the Ravens and split with the Browns...

#1- Steelers
#2- Bengals / Browns (To close to call)
#4- Ravens
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Browns will give the Steelers a run for their money, but in the end Pittsburgh will take the AFC North. Both teams' schedules are brutal, playing against high-scoring offenses like the Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, and Chargers and strong defenses like the Jaguars, Giants, and Titans.

Pittsburgh has one of the best defenses in the league and should therefore be able to stop some of other team's scoring. Offensively, they reloaded with Rashard Mendenhall and Limas Sweed, providing a big bruising back to complement Parker and a deadly tall receiver for Big Ben. The offense will be very interesting to watch.

Cleveland is also a high-scoring offense, but lacks a strong defense. They will simply have to play superbly on the offensive side of the game to beat other offensive-minded teams. Defensivewise, I'm really curious how fast DT Corey Williams, DT Shaun Rogers, and LB Beau Bell adapt and make an impact.

Cincy got three new receivers who will gradually learn from TJ (and maybe 85) to become Carson's new weapons; and if Shaun Alexander signs with them, they too could have a great running game. Defense, however, is still a major issue.

Baltimore seems to be, but isn't, rebuilding. McNair retired, Troy Smith played very little, Kyle Boller is not the answer, Joe Flacco was drafted, Ray Rice will complement Willis McGahee, no stellar WRs are present, the defense really lowered their productivity. Quite frankly, the Ravens' situation, to me, is very, VERY, confusing. They can still, however, surprise.

Prediction:
1. Steelers
2. Browns
3. Bengals
4. Ravens

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that everyone is writing us off!! Keep sleepin on the Ravens!! Acting like we can't win because we don't have a QB, may I remind you we won a superbowl with TRENT FRIGGIN DILFER!!!! We don't need Tom Brady we just need a QB who wont turn the ball over and who can hand off to McGahee/Ross/Rice 40 times a game..........that being said...

1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I think the Browns trades are going to come back to hurt them. Shaun Rodgers has always been considered lazy. In the 3-4 he's going to be asked to take on multiple blockers every snap without the gratification of sacks or many tackles. I just see a guy like him not giving it his all every down. Corey Williams, I guess he'll play DE? He's pretty big for a 3-4 DE and has never played the position before.

The Browns don't have a pick in the first three rounds. That's putting a lot of faith in those trades. I think they're going to regret it.
Consider the fact that Rogers played in Detroit also though, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion every year that they would be 6-10. In Cleveland he comes to a young team that is on the rise instead of a team taking WR after WR after WR in the first rd every year with no direction but down........sorry to any Lions fan that reads that just remember Lions are my second favorite team!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I just realized when looking back at the thread how most people (myself included) talk about how much of a positive impact their rookies are going to make while not allowing that as an option for their rivals. Truth be told, no one knows if the rookies will make any impact at all. I will say that some situations will allow for that possibility to be greater than others, but bottom line is that it is an unknown... Let me revise my thoughts...

Steelers- "IF" Sweed becomes the WR all Steeler fans hope he will be, Big Ben will be VERY happy and that offense will be VERY dangerous. If not, the Steelers might be wondering why they didn't try to add an additional o-lineman.

Browns- "IF" all the offseason moves pan out and Bell turns out to be a beast, the Browns could become a dominant force in the AFCN for years to come. If not, then let the constant reshuffling continue !!!

Ravens- "IF" Flacco comes on to be the stellar franchise QB they so desparately need, the Ravens will be set and the improved offense will make it very difficult for teams to face the Ravens given their still potent defense. If not, they suck again...

Bengals- "IF" Rivers is an animal and all of the stars align perfectly, maybe our defense won't suck so badly and the offense won't have to put up 50 points to win a game !!! The Bengals having a mid range defense is the last thing any team in the AFCN wants to see... However, if they can't find a way to provide some pass rush, it will be over before it starts...

There you go....
Old 05-05-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I love that everyone is writing us off!! Keep sleepin on the Ravens!! Acting like we can't win because we don't have a QB, may I remind you we won a superbowl with TRENT FRIGGIN DILFER!!!! We don't need Tom Brady we just need a QB who wont turn the ball over and who can hand off to McGahee/Ross/Rice 40 times a game..........that being said...

1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore
Well its the same situation with the Bengals...Everyone is extremely high on Pitt and Cleveland... Apparently some free agent moves make you a Super bowl Contender. Maybe it does...maybe it doesn't. History shows that Free Agency doesn't always build your team the way you want it too. That being said...it can help you get to the next level for a year or two if what you need is sitting right their in free agency. Pittsburgh is all of a sudden a lock in everyones minds to win the AFC north just because they had a seemingly good draft. People write Baltimore out because they moved forward to get Flacco. People also write the Bengals out because they didn't move up to get Ellis.

One thing for sure about the NFL is that you are always a few injuries away from having a 10-6 season or a 6-10 season. You can be a super bowl team one year...return the majority of your starting line-up and not even make the playoffs the next year.

Simply, anyone can win the AFC North....Pittsburgh can go out there and utilize its tools and its new assets and it could win. Pitt could also have a massive O-Line injury fiasco and then Big Ben is running for his life on every play. Baltimore could find that Flacco is a great QB... he gets out there on the field and he lights it up and take the Ravens to the playoffs. Then again he could step out there and be the next Kyle Boller and the team will be searching for the QB answer for another year while they are picking in the top 10 spots. The Cleveland Browns may have made great offseason moves and their Defensive Line acquisitions shut everyone down. Or Shaun Rogers continues being lazy and he is a waste of money. Brady Quinn ends up not being what he is cracked up to be and Derrick Anderson was a one year wonder. Then again they could both be superstars. The Bengals may have found a shut down Lin Backer in Rivers. A team leader, and a great player. Sims may be the DT that they have needed all these years since they didn't get what they needed in Big Daddy, and all those WR they drafted, one might be the next Jerry Rice...then again they might be the next Troy Smith. The DT could be the next Dan Wilkinson, and Rivers may face the same troubles many other Bengals Linebackers face.

Its hard to determine what will happen. Thats why I don't write out anyone. You never know whats going to happen.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea except the Browns made the playoffs last year with a crappy D-Line. Big Ben was running for his life all of last season. The Ravens only problem isn't QB. And even if Flacco turns out to be good, how often does a rookie QB do good enough to help out a team. And Bengals weren't even that good last year offensively. You can still throw and run on them. I believe firmly it is between the Brownies and the Steelers. And the Browns will probably win it just because it is guaranteed we lose atleast one game to the Ravens. And we have one of the hardest schedules ever.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
maybe our defense won't suck so badly and the offense won't have to put up 50 points to win a game !!!
52...... :D
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Yea except the Browns made the playoffs last year with a crappy D-Line. Big Ben was running for his life all of last season. The Ravens only problem isn't QB. And even if Flacco turns out to be good, how often does a rookie QB do good enough to help out a team. And Bengals weren't even that good last year offensively. You can still throw and run on them. I believe firmly it is between the Brownies and the Steelers. And the Browns will probably win it just because it is guaranteed we lose atleast one game to the Ravens. And we have one of the hardest schedules ever.
Hate to point out the obvious, but the Browns didn't make the playoffs last year when all they had to do is beat the lowly Bengals that everyone can throw and run all over...

Everyone points to why so and so is going to make improvements when we actually have no idea. All speculation...
Old 05-06-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say it eats at me that some people are giving the Bengals absolutely no chance. I mean, I COMPLETELY understand saying you don't think we'll make the playoffs... Given the last two years it's very reasonable. It's just the people that act like there's no chance our young defense improves, our coordinator makes a difference, our running backs are actually halfway healthy etc. I'm not into predictions this year so I won't bother.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote