Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm suprised the Ravens won today. Says alot about the bengals D that they didnt get a sack or INT today. This isn't exactly a power packed offense they faced.

Good win for the Ravens and start for Flacco
im surprised too. the D was dominant today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to see the game cause I was at the Steelers game, but the stat line impressed me. Palmer and Perry were completely shut down.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah and if it weren't for some calls and the wideouts not helping Flacco at times this could have easily been a 31-3 game. The score doesn't justify how much Baltimore and their defense in particular dominated this game. I was completely shocked.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Agree 100%, the score could have EASILY been far greater than what it was. Flacco did well managing the game and the mistakes he did make weren't costly. Those are things I suspect will come to him. Good for him and props to the Ravens defense.

My Bengals looked pathetic and has no business being in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter. I would love to chalk it up to play calling, young defense, or name your excuse, but the fact is, they got out played and out coached. They deserved to lose that game.

Maybe next week. Maybe not...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals looked horrible on all fronts. If they arn't gonna win games with the offense, they arn't gonna win many at all. Palmer can't play like that it the Bengals want more than 5 wins.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bengals looked horrible on all fronts. If they arn't gonna win games with the offense, they arn't gonna win many at all. Palmer can't play like that it the Bengals want more than 5 wins.
TBH, its hard to blame Palmer 100%. He got sacked twice on the bengals first offensive series and it never seemed to let up. And past that, TJ and CJ had very little pratice with Palmer this off-season.

That Baltimore defense did really really well. They brought pressure at the right times and had good coverage.

Right now, we just got out played. And I'm thinking we're looking at a possibly 6 win season or lower. But I doubt this game gives any insight as to how Palmer and that offense will run this year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
He is inactive...
Willis McGahee was indeed active and dressed for the game but did not take a snap. Way to be "that" guy.........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

This is the week the Steelers take control of the division.

I can't wait until sunday night.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the week the Steelers take control of the division.

I can't wait until sunday night.
We got the Texans and with a win we're 2-0 as well. ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

The Steelers have a shot to make history on sunday

They currently own a 9 game win streak over the Browns, a win on sunday night would be the longest active win streak over another team.

Basically proving what we already know. No team owns another team like the Steelers own the Browns.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

The Ravens defense wasn't just good...it was absolutely ridiculous. Cinci had no clue what to do, it honestly may have been one of the best single game defensive performances I've seen us have (at least since the Super Bowl season).
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes it was good, I really like what Harbaugh is doing. I know I will get a lot of crap for saying this from ERU and BigDawg but I like what he has done so far I think he will make a fine HC. He seems to be a team 1st kind of coach. I dont think if he was around during the time McGahee was being shoped in BUF he wouldnt have wanted him. I was wrong I thought Ray and the U would keep McGahee training through the summer but that didnt happen.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
The Ravens defense wasn't just good...it was absolutely ridiculous. Cinci had no clue what to do, it honestly may have been one of the best single game defensive performances I've seen us have (at least since the Super Bowl season).
Palmer had absolutely zero idea who was blitzing and who was dropping back into coverage. Add that onto his receiver and offensive line playing terrible and I think it might just have been one of the most miserable things I've ever seen watching the Bengals (outside of an injury happening to one of our players).

I think Ravens knock off the Texans and we start a 2 way division race between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. While I think the Steelers win the division, I am highly doubting its one of those 9-7 situations like everyone has been hyping up this off season.

And I know this is a little bold and maybe a little to early to start thinking about but, I'm thinking the Steelers go 12-4ish and ravens then may have a chance to slide into the wild card.

However, I think the Ravens would need a few miracles here and there to close out some games that look tough on their schedule.

Either way, it'll be an interesting season in the AFC North!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont think we have a shot at the playoffs, no offense to Bengals fans but their D sucks, we know our D will be good but our O still has a lot of questions if we want to contend for the wild card this season. I think it a couple of years if Flacco gets some WR weapons and Ozzie still keeps his touch w/ finding D players we will be good.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I really dont think we have a shot at the playoffs, no offense to Bengals fans but their D sucks, we know our D will be good but our O still has a lot of questions if we want to contend for the wild card this season. I think it a couple of years if Flacco gets some WR weapons and Ozzie still keeps his touch w/ finding D players we will be good.
Our offense sucked too, and it still doesn't change my opinion. you guys have 1 half of the puzzle, and you'll exploit other teams with it.

Texans - W, I think you guys can overthrow schaub with that defense.
Browns - W, your D beats out an offense thats not in sync atm, and your O can fight a defense that might arguably be worse than the bengals.
Steelers - L, they're on fire sorry.
Titans - L, I think you'll actually win this game, but most people won't agree with my reasoning.
Colts - L, Manning :P
Dolphins - W, Pennington is one of the smartest QB's in the league, but as long as your D remains as good as it is then they really have no shot.
Raiders - W, Al Davis has no idea what he's doing. No reason to even argue talent here yet.
Browns - W, again same reasons as week 3.
Giants - L, Eh I don't think your defense can win this game for you, but its not impossible.
Eagles - L, McNabb doesn't get flustered as easy imo - and they have a good D to fall back on.
Bengals - W, unless something huge changes between now and then, then its a no brainer here.
Redskins - W, Jason Campbell has zero idea what he's doing atm, and its not helping matters that they keep changing offenses on a young guy like that. Their only real threat is portis and we know the ravens D is great at stopping the run.
Steelers - L, same reasons as week 4.
Cowboys - L, lots of talent.
Jags - W, if you can stop fred taylor and mojo-drew, then you can stop the jags.. right now anyways.

So if I was correct on all of those, you guys would be 8-8. That's not exactly wild card material in the AFC, but like I said before if you had a couple miracles to win some of those tougher games, then you wouldn't be far off.

Edit: I'll always reserve my right to change my opinion next week. My only point is if things continue the way they are and your team develops at the same rate as every other team then i think you have a shot at the wildcard.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we usually split w/ Pittsburgh, I think we can take one which will make us 9-7. I think we will have around 7 wins, but have good showing for the future. But it is crucial in the draft of FA we get Flacco a #1 target, we have 4 good #2 or #3 targets just not a true #1.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

WinslowEdwards19 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The Steelers have a shot to make history on sunday

They currently own a 9 game win streak over the Browns, a win on sunday night would be the longest active win streak over another team.

Basically proving what we already know. No team owns another team like the Steelers own the Browns.
It won't happen, Shaun Rogers is literally going to toss the center and guard both over his shoulders, and proceed to pile-drive Big Ben. Literally.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Right before he takes every other play off?

Rodgers wont be a big factor at all. Mahan isn't a Steeler anymore.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Willis McGahee was indeed active and dressed for the game but did not take a snap. Way to be "that" guy.........
What are you talking about? The discussion was about Zbikowski, nowhere did I mention McGahee. Way to follow the conversation.

Someone said, "Zbi is killing Palmer"

I said, "He is inactive." Because I read he was inactive in an article posted the morning of the game. Zbikowski's number was listed as 25 on nfl.com, and 28 was the one pressuring Palmer.

You then decide to neg rep me because I don't know who is active or inactive on the opposite team.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

Quote:
Right before he takes every other play off?

Rodgers wont be a big factor at all. Mahan isn't a Steeler anymore.
Are you kidding me? Rodgers is by far our best defensive player that we have, and a top DT in the NFL.

I guarantee you that he will be a factor, and have his way with Hartwig.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
What are you talking about? The discussion was about Zbikowski, nowhere did I mention McGahee. Way to follow the conversation.

Someone said, "Zbi is killing Palmer"

I said, "He is inactive." Because I read he was inactive in an article posted the morning of the game. Zbikowski's number was listed as 25 on nfl.com, and 28 was the one pressuring Palmer.

You then decide to neg rep me because I don't know who is active or inactive on the opposite team.

My apologies I meant Zbikowski and yes he was indeed active. Your ignorance is astounding in this debate. Zbi is number 28 on our defense and off hand I recall twice him hitting Palmer. So in regards to you being WRONG and me being RIGHT you so deserved the negative rep!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
My apologies I meant Zbikowski and yes he was indeed active. Your ignorance is astounding in this debate. Zbi is number 28 on our defense and off hand I recall twice him hitting Palmer. So in regards to you being WRONG and me being RIGHT you so deserved the negative rep!
How is Zbikowski doing anyway? I've been wondering, I really wanted the Browns to draft him because of our lack of depth in the Secondary.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

After that pathetic showing last week I wouldn't be surprised if it played out like this:

1. Pittbsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowEdwards19 View Post
How is Zbikowski doing anyway? I've been wondering, I really wanted the Browns to draft him because of our lack of depth in the Secondary.
He is doing good. He is a special teams monster and I think if Landry wants to much $ this off-season IDC if we dont re-sign him and put Zbi next to Reed, I think Zbi can be a good player.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
WinslowEdwards19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
After that pathetic showing last week I wouldn't be surprised if it played out like this:

1. Pittbsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland
Bro, we played the best team in the NFL and got whooped, it's not like we had an 18 point loss to the Raiders.