Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Should The Packers Get Pacman
Yes 17 38.64%
No 27 61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Actually there was a special on FOX during the playoffs that discussed Koren and his past struggle with alochol and the treatment that he went through. He is also on medication, and if he were to drink he would risk his health with having that medication in his system. He has the support of his wife and he also has a child and he wants to become a role model for him and not someone he sees on TV as a bad man and behind bars.
And? He's an alchoholic. Alchoholics risk their health every time they drink. Alchoholics also often have wives and children and want to be better people than they are. They can often function for years at a time before doing something wrong.

I legitimately hope that he does avoid drinking and that he doesn't drive drunk anymore. But I have no idea if that's actually happening and that he will, and as I said before, neither do you. We love to pretend like we actually know people we see on television, but all you can really judge them by is the facts in their life. Koren Robinson turning his life around is not a fact, it's an assumption, based off of very little.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually there was a special on FOX during the playoffs that discussed Koren and his past struggle with alochol and the treatment that he went through. He is also on medication, and if he were to drink he would risk his health with having that medication in his system. He has the support of his wife and he also has a child and he wants to become a role model for him and not someone he sees on TV as a bad man and behind bars.
I'll believe that when I see it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
And? He's an alchoholic. Alchoholics risk their health every time they drink. Alchoholics also often have wives and children and want to be better people than they are. They can often function for years at a time before doing something wrong.

I legitimately hope that he does avoid drinking and that he doesn't drive drunk anymore. But I have no idea if that's actually happening and that he will, and as I said before, neither do you. We love to pretend like we actually know people we see on television, but all you can really judge them by is the facts in their life. Koren Robinson turning his life around is not a fact, it's an assumption, based off of very little.
It is unblieveable how negative you can be at times and no this is not a personal shot at you, but just confusion on how you act sometimes. For starters the NFL reinstated him, which says alot, because after all those problems they could've easily said see ya. Ted Thompson, someone who is big on image and bringing in quality people, gave him a chance in Green Bay and that says alot. Now, again, I know you're going to say, but Ted drafted him and all that **** about how he knows him from long ways back. Even Mr. Brett Favre had a discussion and gave him the pass to be on this team. The ultimate team man and the face of this franchise had given him the pass to be on this team; that may speak louder volumes than any of the previous. Koren also sees a doctor regularly where they check for liver enzymes. He has alot riding on this last chance; his life in the NFL, comfort for his wife and children, and his overall health, and I want to believe that he has turned that corner because very rarely in the life are we given that last chance and he's one who has seized that oppurtunity instead of abusing it. Please give the man some credit instead of bashing him in any way possible. Not everything has to be looked at in a negative light. Some people can change and can mature. Each case is independent of itself and in this one I see no reason why not to believe he's making progress because he hasn't shown me anything where he's not.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will probably get him just so the cowboys dont

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
They will probably get him just so the cowboys dont
But why the hell would the Packers be competing with the Cowboys???

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is unblieveable how negative you can be at times and no this is not a personal shot at you, but just confusion on how you act sometimes. For starters the NFL reinstated him, which says alot, because after all those problems they could've easily said see ya. Ted Thompson, someone who is big on image and bringing in quality people, gave him a chance in Green Bay and that says alot. Now, again, I know you're going to say, but Ted drafted him and all that **** about how he knows him from long ways back. Even Mr. Brett Favre had a discussion and gave him the pass to be on this team. The ultimate team man and the face of this franchise had given him the pass to be on this team; that may speak louder volumes than any of the previous. Koren also sees a doctor regularly where they check for liver enzymes. He has alot riding on this last chance; his life in the NFL, comfort for his wife and children, and his overall health, and I want to believe that he has turned that corner because very rarely in the life are we given that last chance and he's one who has seized that oppurtunity instead of abusing it. Please give the man some credit instead of bashing him in any way possible. Not everything has to be looked at in a negative light. Some people can change and can mature. Each case is independent of itself and in this one I see no reason why not to believe he's making progress because he hasn't shown me anything where he's not.
I'm in academia, we're natural skeptics, I don't take that as an insult at all. But I'll go through this point by point.

-The NFL reinstated him: So what? The NFL resinstates everyone. They would reinstate O.J. Simpson if he could still play. Leonard Little killed someone and he's still in the NFL.

-Ted Thompson is big on image and character and he brought him in, which says a lot: Yes it says that Ted Thompson is a hypocrite. Just like Brad Childress, just like the Rooney's, like every NFL exec that judges moral equivalency by how much you can produce on the football field.

-Brett Favre gave him the pass: Oh wow, Brett Favre? Brett Favre the former drug addict and alchoholic? Now there's a guy I'm going to take my moral authority from. Unless Favre sleeps over with Koren Robinson every night, his opinion isn't worth much, and even still we would have no idea if he was being truthful.

-Koren sees a doctor where they check for liver enzymes: Ok THAT is an argument. That is something that I would actually consider worthwhile evidence. Liver enzymes would likely only occur from heavy alchohol use, which means he could still recreationally drink and drive, but it's something.

-Koren has a lot riding on this chance and I want to believe he is making the best of it: Hey I want to believe that most of my sports heroes are quality people too, but they more often than not are probably not. It's the law of human averages. Walter Payton was an incredibly gregarious and charitable man. He was very nice to me each time we met. Brian Urlacher, on the other hand, seems like a real white trash piece of ****. That doesn't affect the way I feel about him as an NFL player, but as a man I have very little respect for him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-01-2008 at 01:29 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
But why the hell would the Packers be competing with the Cowboys???
Which two team were competing for the #1 seed in the NFC and home field advantage throughout the playoffs almost all of last year?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put money down that Pacman will not be a Packer. I still am thinking he will never play a regular season down in the NFL again, even if somebody signs him.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree pretty much with what Turtlepower is said.

Also I don't want anything to do with Pacman, we don't need him. Our starting corners are among the best duos in the league and we can get a nickleback and future starter through the draft. I actually hope that the Cowboys do get him, because that's hopefully one less CB off the board before our pick.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny to see people who were once damning PacMan a year ago by saying he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL due to his irresponsibility and thug lifestyle all of the sudden stating that they wouldn't mind their team taking a chance on him since he'd come cheap.

I agree with BF51, and will be glad when the Titans have this headcase off the team. People may think the Titans are being greedy by possibly asking for too much for Pac, but you can say the same thing about every person thinking PacMan "Ima make it rain!" Jones is gonna come to their town and act right and become a Pro Bowl cornerback/returner, despite displaying the opposite his entire career and in more situations than one.

And though a 5th RD or so pick isn't much to gamble with, Roger Goodell has publicly stated that he'll punish teams for signing notable poor character players. Once PacMan finds the closest strip club in his new city, that organization is gonna then realize it wasn't worth it, whether due to SportsCenter's incessant coverage or punishment by the league.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-01-2008 at 06:08 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

im wondering what the Packers are willing to give up

5th round packers got a better 5th then the cowboys
4th Rnd/Comp Pick they just got, if the cowboys offer there 4th round then what
well packers do pick before the cowboys in the 3rd round but is that to much?
i dont see the packers giving up one of there 2nd round (both before cowboys)

i wonder whats the price
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

i wonder whats the price
It's a non issue, we are not going to trade for him. This is some BS rumor from PFT, big surprise there. And let's just say for a minute that they are interested, we wouldn't give up more than a 5th. We wouldn't give up a 4th for Randy Moss, it'd be moronic to be willing to give up more for Pacman.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank Johnson said he was going to turn his life around too before he got busted in Arizona.

Athletes say a lot of things, but a lot of the time they don't back it up.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, brahs, anyone care to read it lately? This has been up all day.
Quote:
Earlier in the day, we posted a non-April Fool’s April 1 report regarding a rumor in last week’s Sporting News that the Green Bay Packers are interested in Titans cornerback Pacman Jones.

The Pack’s possible interest in Pacman became particularly relevant on Monday, in the wake of a report in the Nashville City Paper that one or more teams have joined the Dallas Cowboys in the pursuit of Pacman.

But count the Packers out, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Citing an unnamed source, Silverstein says the the Packers aren’t interested.

I agree with BF that no Packer fan could positively know what Koren is up to. I hate when people say he has turned his life around, it's only been a season since he's been reinstated. Who knows he won't start boozing again? Didn't he do well for a year in MN before getting busted? As for the "academia" part, sure it goes hand in hand with skepticism, but BF you come off to me ( over the internet, so take that for what it's worth) as very opinionated individual, and PF has a good point that you seem more negative than skeptic much of the time. Not attempting to rip on ya, it's just easy to see where PF is coming from.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-01-2008 at 10:51 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If nothing else, Green Bay could say they had the only former TNA World Tag Team Champion in the NFL....................
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

i wonder whats the price
Well it wont be our comp pick because we can't trade it if thats what you were suggesting, Comp picks are not trade able.

I'd give up a 5th at the most, but I honestly don't want him here, Greenbay would be the best situation as there isn't much going on and not a lot to do, so it'd be harder to get in trouble there, but the guy comes off to me as Arrogant, and just plain dumb, Who goes to a strip club the night before Meeting with the Commish about your activities in Strip CLUBS?????! Not a smart individual thats who.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would not touch Pac-Man Jones. Attitude can rub off on people, not only could he turn into a bust but he might let his attitude drag down other players.

I say no to Pac-Man.

As for TT picking up Koren Robinson, I thought that move was a little skeptical at the time, but I think Robinson's case is a little more treatable. And anyone can say all they want about him, but he hasn't done anything wrong yet, and I honestly don't expect him too. But who knows anything can happen I guess. Still I am glad Koren came to his senses or at least it appears so as of now.