Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Chad Johnson get traded?
Yes 28 40.00%
No 42 60.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Will Chad Johnson get traded?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3324154

I know this has kind of been discussed a little bit before, but my poll question is do you think Chad Johnson will get traded by the start of the 08 season? And if so who is the best potential suitor. According to Marvin Lewis in that article, he seems like he is not going to let him go. However I find it hard to believe if he got the right offer he wouldn't trade him. And plus this could be just a smokescreen by Lewis to try and get more trade value for him by pretending they aren't shopping him.

What do you guys think? I personally think he will be gone by the start of the season.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way he gets traded. Not only would they be losing their best receiver, but there is a significant cap hit. Also Houshmandzadeh is a free agent after this season, so it would be stupid to risk losing both in 1 year.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
There is no way he gets traded. Not only would they be losing their best receiver, but there is a significant cap hit. Also Houshmandzadeh is a free agent after this season, so it would be stupid to risk losing both in 1 year.
Yeah I forget about the cap hit, but honestly if he doesn't get his way he might end up being as dysfunctional as Randy Moss was in Oakland and the situation might escalate. When players are unhappy they will cry and cry until they get their way, and I am not sure whether the Bengals are going to want to put up with that. This kind of reminds me of the Javon Walker situation with the Packers a couple of years ago except the Packers didn't take a big cap hit from it.

Maybe you are right, but history has shown these guys usually end up getting traded away eventually. Unless Chad gets a change of heart I don't see this being any different. I understand the Bengals do get quite a big cap hit, but I think if they traded him now they would get better trade value on him, than say 3 weeks into the regular season, when you notice he isn't performing hard.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wont be playing for them next season, weather or not he will be traded...i dont know.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I can imagine a few times who might be interested... Philli, Dallas, Tampa...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gone, I expect a draft day trade.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I actually don't think he'll be traded, even though I put it in my most recent mock.

The Bengals seem pretty set on forcing his hand, and good for them. NFL GM's are all too quick to bail out and give the player what he wants.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will get traded and hopefully it is to the redskins because we could really use him.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's not going anywhere.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

if he did get traded I would say it would be on draft day....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is debateable as to whether he is their best receiver anymore. TJ ripped it up last year. He is more reliable than CJ, doesn't have as big of a game breaking ability as CJ does but I know many can make an arguement for TJ over CJ. I for one am more scared of TJ than I am CJ when the Steelers play them.

I hope he gets traded.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can't trade Johnson now, when they haven't groomed anyone yet. Plus Housh isn't even signed long-term yet, and he's usually nicked up with an injury.

But if they draft a wide receiver or two this year, he could be moved later on when the financial hit is much less. Brown undoubtedly isn't going to throw money away, and lose Chad Johnson, no matter what Lewis and his coaches want.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have reiterated that they are not trading him many times. Chads going to have to suck it up and play next year...

Thunder&Lightning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
They have reiterated that they are not trading him many times. Chads going to have to suck it up and play next year...
So...who cares if they say that. A couple of years ago, the Packers said they weren't trading Javon Walker, sure enough come draft day he was traded. The Packers said they weren't trading Mike McKenzie, a few weeks into the regular season he gets traded. I know thats the Packers, but so what. Them saying that doesn't mean much of anything IMO. If they got the right offer they would dump him. The only reason why they wouldn't is because of the cap hit, maybe they will keep him all the way into this fall just for that reason, but if he is not performing at all, I would be surprised if they didn't get rid of him.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wonder if he really will sit for the year as he is now threatening? I think he will continue to make threats to try and get out and the Beng won't budge. I think after the draft he will change his tune, saying that the Beng got some players that might help change the face of the team...
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He will not be traded this year. IMO

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiah View Post
I wonder if he really will sit for the year as he is now threatening? I think he will continue to make threats to try and get out and the Beng won't budge. I think after the draft he will change his tune, saying that the Beng got some players that might help change the face of the team...
Thats a good thought, i think that will prolly be his excuse if he isnt traded on draft day.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiah View Post
I dont think he will and that is becouse if he sit's out over the 10 game mark the year gets extended to his contract. So I dont see him wanting to be locked up for another year. But he could sit till game 9 if he wants to i guess.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
It is debateable as to whether he is their best receiver anymore. TJ ripped it up last year. He is more reliable than CJ, doesn't have as big of a game breaking ability as CJ does but I know many can make an arguement for TJ over CJ. I for one am more scared of TJ than I am CJ when the Steelers play them.

I hope he gets traded.
You don't think TJ had a great season because Chad is double teamed all game long? TJ is a solid receiver no doubt, but he's not near as good without Chad.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't think TJ had a great season because Chad is double teamed all game long? TJ is a solid receiver no doubt, but he's not near as good without Chad.
No, no I don't think that. I know he wasn't doubled when we played the Bengals. Ike Taylor one on one. TJ always does the damage. CJ is a wuss.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ gets PLENTY of attention, not like he's single coverage every game. There's been plenty of times CJ gets single coverage and TJ gets doubled.

Anyways, Marvin Lewis has come out TWICE and said he's not going anywhere. It's as much of a money thing as anything. I wish he would/could get traded but that doesn't seem like the case.

Chad will play, might miss a good chunk of camp but he'll cave.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ does get help from CJ in alot of ways. Its not as dramatic as some might say it is but Chads presence definitely helps TJ to an extent. If CJ doesn't want to play fine, maybe a starting position will be what Chris Henry really needs. He does, after all, have the most physical talent of any WR on our team.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think its a possibility, i dont know why Dallas wouldnt look into it, if they want a WR id think theyd be better served giving up both #1's and maybe a future 2 for a great WR, instead of drafting a guy like Devin Thomas or Sweed.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I think its a possibility, i dont know why Dallas wouldnt look into it, if they want a WR id think theyd be better served giving up both #1's and maybe a future 2 for a great WR, instead of drafting a guy like Devin Thomas or Sweed.
They would never give up that much. That is ridiculous.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
AllDayFootball724
Rookie

AllDayFootball724 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He gets traded after June 1st, this way they take less of a cap hit. And it can be for a player and future draft pick. Say Lito and a 4th or 5th
AllDayFootball724 is offline   Reply With Quote