Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Chad Johnson get traded?
Yes 28 40.00%
No 42 60.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would lose the coaching staff that has proven itself time and time again to be a cast of complete failures way before trading an All Pro wideout in his prime for dancing in the end zone.

Next year, if the Bengals still...

can't play any defense.
can't put together game winning drives.
can't stop their players from driving drunk/kicking babies.
AND, can't even figure out how to start fixing these situations, then it would time to trade Chad. He's a distraction after all. :D

It really is ridiculous how much heat their best player not named Carson is taking. Maybe they should alienate the losers who can't play, instead?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone hearing him on SportsCenter right now?

I think he's gone.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

needs to stop crying

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, at work.
Post up some notes or something.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Anderson
Rookie

Mr. Anderson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know, but I just saw his sportscenter interview, and that boy aint right.
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Kobe Bryant type thing, he wants to get traded then he chills out and it blows over
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, at work.
Post up some notes or something
Apparently Chad didnt hear about what Marvin recently said until the interview. Brian Kinney read him Marvins quote about moving on without him, and his response was just "OK". He really didnt say much. He wants people to like him, he never did anything wrong. Sounds like he's ready to move on. When Kinney asked if the Bengals told him to keep quite would he comply, CJ said he wouldnt change.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That interview was pretty weird to say the least. You can't tell me this guy isn't serious about wanting out of Cincy at any cost after hearing that.

I think personally no one in the NFL should pick this guy up, maybe it would teach all these players a lesson. He is getting paid millions, being in the NFL is a priviledge, and I don't think Chad realizes that at all. Chad is all about Chad all the time. He is so full of himself its sick.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
AllDayFootball724
Rookie

AllDayFootball724 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think we know all of the story. Maybe he was told something or something was said. He tell them he wants out and he wants to be traded. They laugh at him and say yeah right your not going anywhere. Then he threatnes by saying he is going to go to the press. They laugh again. He does it. There has to be some reason, it just that neither side wants to tell the story.
AllDayFootball724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I actually don't think he'll be traded, even though I put it in my most recent mock.

The Bengals seem pretty set on forcing his hand, and good for them. NFL GM's are all too quick to bail out and give the player what he wants.
As much as I liked it, id love Roy alot more...Philly would be one team who could think about giving up their 1st for him and it would make some sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He either needs to shut his mouth and play (very unlikely) or just shut his mouth and sit (again, unlikely).

I'd be happy if he sat the year out as long as he shut his mouth. This potential deal with Henry only gives him leverage... That's the last thing we need. A clean Henry and TJ is still a good recieving combo.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the interview. I've got a bit of a radio background, and can I just say, the real screwup was the interviewer!

Either cut off the interview or don't. Have some extra questions prepared, and be prepared to prod on a character like CJ. Dead air is an absolute murderjob, and I can only imagine that's more drastic on tv. It just didn't seem professional.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he said he was just going to keep playing. kind of surprised at that. i think he'll play n if we do well he'll be "in love with cincy" again.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought Carson and Chad had a chance to be a HOF duo. The talent is there and the stats were getting there. I really hope he decides to stay

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said no, but he will play next year. It may sound bad to most, but he cares too much about himself not to play. He has said repeatedly that if he isn't traded, Cincy will still get the same Chad on the football feild.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone hear Chad on Sportscenter? I cant believe anyone thinks he will play for Cincy, after he trashed the team and Marvin over and over I dont understand how he will be able to be in that lockeroom during the season...Cap Penalty or not, sounds like he's digging a hole too deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
he said he was just going to keep playing. kind of surprised at that. i think he'll play n if we do well he'll be "in love with cincy" again.
Pretty much... I think he's Bi-Polar or something, he's gotta have a mental disorder.

It's pretty much got to the point around here that people just ignore him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Anyone hear Chad on Sportscenter? I cant believe anyone thinks he will play for Cincy, after he trashed the team and Marvin over and over I dont understand how he will be able to be in that lockeroom during the season...Cap Penalty or not, sounds like he's digging a hole too deep.
That was one of the most awkward interviews I have ever hear. He sounded like a 12-year old kid.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
That was one of the most awkward interviews I have ever hear. He sounded like a 12-year old kid.
I thought he sounded fine.. the interviewer on the other hand? Blah.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Chad has no idea what he wants. He just wants to be Chad.

And no, they won't trade him now that they released Henry. Housh and Antonio Chatman, 1 and 2? Good luck.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do they really have an option at this point? He has spent the offseason running the team through the mud, and I can't imagine the lockerroom or staff accepting him back with open arms. I figure they either trade him or sit him for part of the year.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he comes in and does things the right way as Marvin said, I don't see a reason to keep him off the field. He can say what he wants for all im care as long as he comes to play and doesn't act like that in the locker room. I understand his frustration as ALL Bengal fans should but he has gotten out of hand. If he doesn't act right when it matters than he can sit the bench.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now with Chris Henry gone, and the uncertainty of Chad Johnson, will the Bengals draft a WR early on, I would think so right...maybe they will spend a 2nd rounder on one. Because even if Chad stays, depth is badly needed, and if you do wind up having a problem with Chad, than they are in a lot of trouble.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how long until people start saying "Chad to Dallas" just because it is a high-profile player and everyone wants to create unfounded rumors about the Cowboys and players in the limelight.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
So how long until people start saying "Chad to Dallas" just because it is a high-profile player and everyone wants to create unfounded rumors about the Cowboys and players in the limelight.
It's already started. I really dont see it, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote